The Goodbye/ByeBye thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
This thread is for all those ROOTED users who have SOLD/THROWN AWAY their HTC Salsas, NOT for advertising and putting salsas up on sale.
This helps devs keep track of active users
You can optionally tell us why you sold/threw your salsa. You might have sold/thrown away your salsa because of
HTCs lack of support.
Lack of developers.
Contract got over.
Obsolete specifications (screen size, processor and so on).
You threw it in a dustbin because it lagged.
You used it as an antique piece to renovate your house or donated it to a museum because you bricked it.
Gave it off as charity to a church/mosque/temple.
Dropped it in the toilet.
Any reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

crest_delta

Feb 18, 2007
Mumbai
Hi

I am still using the HTC Salsa as my primary phone .Ans I am thankful to developers like u to keep the fun alive in this 2.5 years old device :) :good:

Have been using the stock ROM as all the JB ROMS are having camera , Battery & GPS issue on my device

I plan to upgrade it by December this year , and the main reason for my upgrade is 1.Most Games are not supported on this device :(
2.I need a bigger screen and more RAM ( i think the iPhone 5 Screen Best suits me ) as i mainly read ebooks on my device ( other than Whats app and calling )
3.SNS integration for me is not a BIG buying decision ,( LOL I know u would be thinking then why i bought a phone with 'f- button ' that was mainly as I am a BIG BIG HTC fan and at the time pf buying Salsa in the budget I only had HTC Wildfire as a alternative option )
4.My next phone could be the HTC One Mini .As mentioned I like the screen size not more than 4.5

Reactions: vigoos

Go.Bin

Apr 19, 2012
Well i just bought nexus as my primary phone, but im not selling my salsa cuz so many memories left behind. I wat to say thanx for all developers in here especially fo bigbear who helping me a lots back there.

Thanks for all support, God bless you all :thumbup::):beer:;):thumbup::cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
Still use Salsa as primary phone. Maybe next year I buy a new phone because CPU works a bit slow and internal memory is too small.

In this time I will help to develop the newer Android versions for the old Salsa.

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
I got a tab 2 in March End, I'm using it for screen size as primary device now. I won't sell my salsa cause I'm changing my ISP now so hopefully by diwali I do compiling from source of CM and PA ROMs..... I have all the necessary things only thing bothering was internet. I hope that gets resolved. Once it does I'm on a roll.
crest_delta one mini is not a bad choice, look out for more. Push the threshold to 5 inches. Cause anything under 4.5 isn't too great. I got a 7 inch tab for phone calls, trust me tab is fun, if you are ready to bear with a radio set like thing to hold in hands while talking on a phone call. Or better is to keep your salsa and get a nexus 7 WiFi and give a hotspot to it from salsa.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Go.Bin

godsgreat_87

Feb 15, 2012
Sold my Salsa last month.
Got Nokia lumia 925.I must say i really didnt want to sell it for the memories but i use only 1 sim and hence there was no point in keeping it.

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
sold my salsa for 7.25k. it was maintained as good as new. not a single scratch. i know its high price..but was bit lucky!

CeX told me 5.8 on exchange. I'll rather come there in Karnataka and sell my salsa if I will(which is not gonna happen) Lucky you..... Got a good deal

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
Which currency is that? And how much is it in Euro?

A new salsa costs around 95€ on Ebay.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I am still using the HTC Salsa as my primary phone .Ans I am thankful to developers like u to keep the fun alive in this 2.5 years old device :) :good:

Have been using the stock ROM as all the JB ROMS are having camera , Battery & GPS issue on my device

I plan to upgrade it by December this year , and the main reason for my upgrade is 1.Most Games are not supported on this device :(
    2.I need a bigger screen and more RAM ( i think the iPhone 5 Screen Best suits me ) as i mainly read ebooks on my device ( other than Whats app and calling )
    3.SNS integration for me is not a BIG buying decision ,( LOL I know u would be thinking then why i bought a phone with 'f- button ' that was mainly as I am a BIG BIG HTC fan and at the time pf buying Salsa in the budget I only had HTC Wildfire as a alternative option )
    4.My next phone could be the HTC One Mini .As mentioned I like the screen size not more than 4.5
    Well i just bought nexus as my primary phone, but im not selling my salsa cuz so many memories left behind. I wat to say thanx for all developers in here especially fo bigbear who helping me a lots back there.

Thanks for all support, God bless you all :thumbup::):beer:;):thumbup::cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Still use Salsa as primary phone. Maybe next year I buy a new phone because CPU works a bit slow and internal memory is too small.

In this time I will help to develop the newer Android versions for the old Salsa.
    I got a tab 2 in March End, I'm using it for screen size as primary device now. I won't sell my salsa cause I'm changing my ISP now so hopefully by diwali I do compiling from source of CM and PA ROMs..... I have all the necessary things only thing bothering was internet. I hope that gets resolved. Once it does I'm on a roll.
    crest_delta one mini is not a bad choice, look out for more. Push the threshold to 5 inches. Cause anything under 4.5 isn't too great. I got a 7 inch tab for phone calls, trust me tab is fun, if you are ready to bear with a radio set like thing to hold in hands while talking on a phone call. Or better is to keep your salsa and get a nexus 7 WiFi and give a hotspot to it from salsa.

@godsgreat_87 how much will they give for a salsa?

sold my salsa for 7.25k. it was maintained as good as new. not a single scratch. i know its high price..but was bit lucky!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone