• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

The Hunt for FULL ADHESIVE Tempered Glass Protector

Search This thread

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
IQ Shield said themselves its sides only though:

Does this have adhesive on the actual display area or just on the top, bottom and thin sides?
Answer: Adhesives are on the edges only
By IQ Shield on September 29, 2016 SELLER

they also said it was over the entire screen in a repose a few down from that one. I am getting mine monday and will update. If it is only edges, its getting returned.

chillsen

May 11, 2012
they also said it was over the entire screen in a repose a few down from that one. I am getting mine monday and will update. If it is only edges, its getting returned.

Look at the date of the ones you're talking about. The most recent answer from IQ Shield is that it's glue on the edges. Also since I've done reviews on PET/TPU/Tempered Glass screen protectors for the Note 7, I am unfortunately positive that it's just a rebrand of all the other tempered glass protectors out there.

Please let us know and we are all hoping its full adhesive. But after going through about 15 protectors for review, the best one out there is not a tempered glass at all but a TPU film from ArmorSuit. At first I thought IQ Shield's wet install TPU was the best but I had a big problem with the texture of the film once installed, it was slightly bumpy, too soft for S-Pen, and had a temporary imprint memory. Until I got the ArmorSuit yesterday, I am beginning to think the TPU film is sourced from a different place vs IQ Shield though because it has less texture, less softness, and an overall better using experience.

https://amzn.com/B01H85PWZ2

check out the photo's of the top review, notice there's barely any texture unlike the IQ Shield. Here's my IQ Shield TPU that I had on up until last night. IQ Shield's ugly film texture. Notice the difference?

I think ArmorSuit takes the #1 spot for its amazing PET film-like usability experience coupled with the adhesiveness of a TPU film wet install. I'm a fan for life.

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS
I think ArmorSuit takes the #1 spot for its amazing PET film-like usability experience coupled with the adhesiveness of a TPU film wet install. I'm a fan for life.

I have to agree. I am very picky about my screen protectors. Tried several, including glass, and the Armorsuit has been the best. It fits perfect, so good you have to be very careful to get it perfectly centered.

I use a Samsung clearview case and none of the edges are lifting up either.

It will get scratched up eventually (again, very picky. Bugs the hell out of me), so I ordered a 2nd one just to have on hand.

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Look at the date of the ones you're talking about. The most recent answer from IQ Shield is that it's glue on the edges. Also since I've done reviews on PET/TPU/Tempered Glass screen protectors for the Note 7, I am unfortunately positive that it's just a rebrand of all the other tempered glass protectors out there.

Please let us know and we are all hoping its full adhesive. But after going through about 15 protectors for review, the best one out there is not a tempered glass at all but a TPU film from ArmorSuit. At first I thought IQ Shield's wet install TPU was the best but I had a big problem with the texture of the film once installed, it was slightly bumpy, too soft for S-Pen, and had a temporary imprint memory. Until I got the ArmorSuit yesterday, I am beginning to think the TPU film is sourced from a different place vs IQ Shield though because it has less texture, less softness, and an overall better using experience.

https://amzn.com/B01H85PWZ2

check out the photo's of the top review, notice there's barely any texture unlike the IQ Shield. Here's my IQ Shield TPU that I had on up until last night. IQ Shield's ugly film texture. Notice the difference?

I picked one up in case the glass is a bust

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Yea man you can have faith in me, I will even personally help you with the install, this product is a homerun but the reviews don't show it because of poor installation from users. cheers.

i have installed a few just dont prefer the spongy/sticky impressionable feel of the others. You pics make it look amazing so ill give it a try for $8

Sep 7, 2013
I figure I'll just ask in this thread instead of making a new one. I really do not want to have a case on this phone. It is such a great design and feel that whenever I put a case on it just doesn't feel right. However, I don't want to break this $900 toy. What is the best way to go about protecting it without a case? Looks like no one has actually found a full adhesive glass screen yet.

What I did on my old iPhones was get a true bumper only "case" with tempered glass. By Bumper only I mean there was just a cross section on the back connecting the bumpers, no actual back coverage. Anyone know if there is anything like this out there?

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
I have to agree. I am very picky about my screen protectors. Tried several, including glass, and the Armorsuit has been the best. It fits perfect, so good you have to be very careful to get it perfectly centered.

I use a Samsung clearview case and none of the edges are lifting up either.

It will get scratched up eventually (again, very picky. Bugs the hell out of me), so I ordered a 2nd one just to have on hand.

How does the armorsuit feel? Is it rubbery with orange peel like the crap that Skinomi sells? I'd love to find something with the exact same feel as the cheap screen adhesive that my Note 7 had out of the box! It was a thinner, harder plastic that almost felt like glass.

kirschdog1

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS
How does the armorsuit feel? Is it rubbery with orange peel like the crap that Skinomi sells? I'd love to find something with the exact same feel as the cheap screen adhesive that my Note 7 had out of the box! It was a thinner, harder plastic that almost felt like glass.

Very slight orange peel. Not real noticeable though.

The first few days it did feel a little rubbery. As time goes by that has gone away for the most part. I guess it just takes awhile for it to fully dry.

All that being said, it still doesn't feel like glass. But as picky as I am, I'm happy with it.

Reactions: spinedoc

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
got the IQ tempered glass today. It is not full adhesive. Unfortunately.

And the hunt continues..

Ive been running naked the last few weeks since this phone will be exhanged so i dont give a damn if I damage it.

I have not been even remotely careful with it at all...not a scratch on it.

As with many things on the web things get overly exaggerated including this screens vulnerability it seems.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts