The Importance of a Real (Tempered Glass) Screen Protector!

Search This thread

gaugan

Nov 3, 2009
Bangalore
Let me share my Note 2 (with TG) with you guys :)
picture.php

tsiah

Aug 17, 2009
I haven't used the tempered glass protectors before (we ordered them with our Nexus 6P phones we're replacing the note II's with) but ANY screen protector is better than nothing.

I had taken my worn out screen protector off my note II last november to go get a replacement (one of the lifetime replacement ones from the mall). I had no protector on the phone for a few weeks and dropped it when I went to put it in my pocket. It landed face down on a tiny rock in my driveway and shattered my screen! If I had the protector on it would have absorbed and dissipated the shock.

Rfcg

May 30, 2013
I think my glass protector must be too big, it extends a bit further towards the edge of the screen, but lifts at the edges as the screen is slightly curved.

_Nostromo_

May 10, 2014
GPS interference?

Hi guys, is it possible that a tempered glass display protector interferes with the GPS signal? Specifically Panzerglass on Xperia Z3 Compact - can hardly get a more precise position than 10 m (used to have 3-4 when using Z1 Compact without a screen protector)... :(

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I use a saphire shield, it is a wee thinner and flexes since my 8 inch screen is larger than the Note 2's screen. Dropped many of times no scratches chips or cracks on both display glass and protector. It cost me $10.00 from China and I use a gel cover as well, and improves the impact resistance a great deal. It was another $5 from China.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use a tempered oleophobic glass screen protector on my Galaxy Note 2. Just yesterday, it saved my phone from a 1 m drop onto a tile floor. There is now a hairline crack in the protector, but that's much better than having a hairline crack in the Note 2's screen itself. It would've been the screen if it weren't for the protector!

If I had used a plastic film protector, it would have bee a different story. Those flimsy films only protect from scratches, which this tempered glass protector does a much better job at anyway.

These protectors only cost around $10 on eBay, so it's a worthy investment to prevent spending $300 to replace the whole screen assembly.
    ZQHmeM8.jpg
    Damn, should've checked here before I got one on Amazon for twice the price. By the way if anyone's looking for some reliable instructions on applying them here's a nice guide I wrote as a review earlier:

1. I don't know about you but I'm a bit anal with my phone so that whole just "line it up as best as you can and drop it" stuff isn't good enough for me. I'm going to introduce to you the hinge method which will allow you perfect alignment. Lay your screen protector over your screen exactly where you want it to be placed. Don't remove any of the plastic coating just yet, you just want to line it up. Then, tape the bottom part of the screen protector down with two pieces of tape effectively making a hinge. When you go to apply it you will simply remove the backing and the screen will lay down perfectly where it needs to be but we'll get to that in a bit there is still a little more prep required.

2. You are going to need to clean your screen so you don't have any particles under it to cause bubbles this is probably obvious but I would be remiss not to include it. This kit includes a microfiber which for most installations should be just fine however if you feel you need a little extra cleaning help you can also try a little bit of isopropyl alcohol.

2. Your enemy is dust so you want an environment that is less conducive to that. Let the shower run for a while until the steam builds up to ground the dust. Humid=Less dusty. If you haven't guessed by now you will be applying the screen protector in your bathroom.Set up a little station so you can have the phone/screen protector as close to eye level and and as visible as possible to spot any dust particles.

3. The moment of truth! Take another quick swipe with your microfiber cloth and check for any dust particles. You can now peel off the backing. There should be no guesswork here due to your hinge method so this part should be a piece of cake. Slowly lower it starting with the side closest to the screen and it should hinge close. Run your finger down the middle of the screen. You should see it adhere to the rest of the screen on it's own for the most part. Remove the front protective layer. Wrap the little card (or a credit card) with the microfiber and push out any remaining bubbles. You're done! If you did everything correctly not only will your screen protector be perfectly aligned but you will have no bubbles.
    Can someone link me one?

just do search on ebay.
    Here's a link to the one I bought.

Disclaimer: Not actually bulletproof.

Note: You don't have to buy from this link if you don't want to - it posts from China, so it may take a very long time for most people. Try searching for a tempered glass screen protector locally first.
    Thanks, where in Bangalore did you get it done and how much did you pay?

Sorry for the late reply. At Koramangla 5th Block near Tibetian Mall.