the king has fallen (high end games that dont work smoothly on max setting)

Search This thread

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
The mali 400 in sgs 2 is bound by it's vertex and triangle perfomance so newer vertex and triangle heavy games will not run smoothly on S2

here some list that i tested :

Real Boxing no full effect
Gangstar rio (effects disabled on android)
Gangstar vegas(need optimization, still quite playable on high)
Anomaly 2 (vertex and triangle heavy games low perfomance benchmark score test)
modern combat 4 (need compatible rom and kernel,playable on latest neatrom but still not smooth)
Tainted Keep
Horn ( SGS 3 and note 2 optimized,seriously???!! lag on my sgs 2)
Conduit HD (optimized tegra 3 vertex and triangle heavy,still very playable but not smooth)
The dark knight rises (little - mid Stuttering on some area, i wonder is there any android phone that run this game smoothly)

still our S2 can play 90% games smoothly on max setting,the best and cheapest android gaming phone to date

any info or tips to play those game smoothly... just post below

Last edited:

alvster

Aug 6, 2012
I have i9100G and powervr.. is it better than i9100 mali 400?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Paul Blake

May 14, 2013
Baia Mare
Well its true that our mali 400mp its OLD almost 3 years
But still can play games
And what the f*** intensive graphics games on a phone ...c'mon i dont think that someone have an s2 (and plays the dark knight rises,i played it too and arkham origins) and doesnt have at least a dual core pc with at least 2 gb ram
I play games like assasins creed 4 far cry3 and crysis 3 on my i7 4770k 16gb ram ddr3 2133mhz on 2 monitors using asus gtx 690 4gb ram at 1920x1080 for each monitor

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ahmedelhofy

Apr 12, 2012
Shebin El-Koum
Hey, BTW
Real Boxing was working with Tegra 3 graphics on my i9100
Gangster Vegas was working very good on High as well
Modern combat 4 works great
The dark knight rises works great as well
I haven't encountered any lags with those games
Even Dead trigger 2 performance on the s2 is acceptable with the high graphics enabled

NOTE : I am running stock cyanogenmod 10.2

Sent from my GT-I9100

Bleeding-Edge-Armour

Apr 12, 2012
Bombay
Hey, BTW
Even Dead trigger 2 performance on the s2 is acceptable with the high graphics enabled

Sent from my GT-I9100

I can pretty much confirm this on CM10.1, except maybe 'Real Boxing' haven't got around to ever playing it :p

rrgrrg

Aug 31, 2012
Alexandria
rrgrrgofficial.wordpress.com
all i can say that the galaxy s2 is always and will be a device that has its magic ;) ... i tried the s4 and the note3 and all the galaxy new devices but the s2 has its ironic shape that most if us like and its performance is very very good and we are getting every single android version here thanks to xda alive members :) and its 4.3 inch screen which is to me the best in the business where its not small nor big :good: ...but all i hope is we can get an official kitkat or a new TW official rom newer than 4.1.2 :cool:

mesaj

• Jun 13, 2009
    Katowice
    CyanogenMod performance is much better than any touchwiz based rom, dorimanx kernel is awesome too but it's just part of your system not full system. I'm sure performance increase in games is also noticeable compared with samsung crap loaded roms. "Clean" android (aosp) is really clean. Only downside might been not perfect implementation of system parts that are only available for newer devices and these supported already by official updates to system base, so android 4.2.2, 4.3.1 and 4.4.1 is not perfect on s2 just because unofficial libraries still taken from 4.1.2 base. For example GTA III wasn't working on 4.3.1 but had no problems back with android 4.0.4... Compatiblity is random :p For FPS in games I'm still really happy we can at least run these games and as said before better get a PC if you want to play games, for price of today's high end phone you got great machine. S2 is enough for having a smooth android based device and for me that's a border where you need to think you need spend money on phone that won't be big change anyways or pc, console that will make real difference in gaming.

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
    Hey, BTW

Sent from my GT-I9100

for gangstar vegas and the dark kngiht rises does it always run smoothly or stutter in some area?
    which version for real boxing?
    which kernel?
    mali v2?
    cm 10.2 version build?
    any buildprop edit?
    seriously gonna download ASAP

Last edited:

-Grift-

• Jan 9, 2011
    Singapore
    for gangstar vegas and the dark kngiht rises does it always run smoothly or stutter in some area?
    which version for real boxing?
    which kernel?
    mali v2?
    cm 10.2 version build?
    any buildprop edit?
    seriously gonna download ASAP
    Try running these games on DorimanX Kernel with CPU and GPU OCed. Should stutter less:good: (I dont play too much games myself but from experience DorimanX kernel + OC = Best performance SII and ever provide)

critikality

Jun 22, 2013
    so after reading a couple of posts i guess it all comes down to rom level. I myself personally have not had any good gaming performance on slimbean roms or either it doesn't work at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
    uktopgear.blogspot.com
    I haven't played the games you listed, but a week back I did install Injustice: Gods Among Us.
    And I have not seen a single hiccup at all.

I'm running Stock 4.1.2, unrooted so obviously not overclocked either.
    I'd say this is still a hell of a device.. ;)

LYandroid

Sep 16, 2013
    Benghazi
    Hi guys,
    The king has not fallen yet.
    Have you heared about PurePerformances X MOD? It does increase the phone performance without OC , someone told me he can play dead trigger 2 at max setting (playable)with this mod:good:,note:its flashable via CWM so flash this recovery first and the MOD.
    Hope this helps:)

Sent from my GT-P5200 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: critikality

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey, BTW

Sent from my GT-I9100
      all i can say that the galaxy s2 is always and will be a device that has its magic ;) ... i tried the s4 and the note3 and all the galaxy new devices but the s2 has its ironic shape that most if us like and its performance is very very good and we are getting every single android version here thanks to xda alive members :) and its 4.3 inch screen which is to me the best in the business where its not small nor big :good: ...but all i hope is we can get an official kitkat or a new TW official rom newer than 4.1.2 :cool:
      Hi guys,
      The king has not fallen yet.
      Have you heared about PurePerformances X MOD? It does increase the phone performance without OC , someone told me he can play dead trigger 2 at max setting (playable)with this mod:good:,note:its flashable via CWM so flash this recovery first and the MOD.
      Hope this helps:)

Sent from my GT-P5200 using xda app-developers app