Question The laptop can't boot from USB drive

Search This thread

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
I don't know. You'd have to check the Asus website to see if they still have your current BIOS version, although updating it would generally be better.

No, the CMOS is usually soldered to the board. CMOS = Complimentary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor...which in contemporary terms means almost every integrated circuit and chip.

Resetting BIOS through the setup isn't quite the same as clearing all values. If you're able to access the BIOS battery (most likely by removing the bottom of the laptop) you can remove it and short the terminals for about 60 seconds. I searched for some information on your laptop and unfortunately the user manual wasn't any help.

Nah, I'm way too good looking to be related to you :D
Good one :D

rmrbpt

Nov 4, 2011
Try to boot from USB without a hard drive plugged in.

If it still doesnt work then the laptop itself is to blame.
Possibly corrupted BIOS, try to reset BIOS settings to defaults or discconect CMOS battery.
If it's still the same probably some problem with the moterboard.

Kristal9

Jun 12, 2022
I don't know. You'd have to check the Asus website to see if they still have your current BIOS version, although updating it would generally be better.
I wrote in my main post that when I try to update it I get an error. And I thought you understood that when you wrote in your previous post this
especially given that attempting to update the BIOS results in an error
How can I know how to reflash BIOS of this laptop?
No, the CMOS is usually soldered to the board. CMOS = Complimentary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor...which in contemporary terms means almost every integrated circuit and chip.

Resetting BIOS through the setup isn't quite the same as clearing all values. If you're able to access the BIOS battery (most likely by removing the bottom of the laptop) you can remove it and short the terminals for about 60 seconds. I searched for some information on your laptop and unfortunately the user manual wasn't any help.
I plug it out for long time and when I plug it in I tried to boot from my USB drive again. It doesn't help.
And to me?

PeterGroft29

Sep 30, 2022
When Windows can't boot from USB, you need to make sure your bootable USB drive is formatted in the FAT32 file system if your computer supports UEFI and you are attempting to install Windows in UEFI mode. That is, you cannot use a USB drive with the NTFS file system to boot and install Windows in UEFI mode.

Hope This Works,
Peter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bro, I am sure you didn't read my first post completely, only partly. Because there is this important information.
    This

And this
    I am not your "bro".

I was mainly responding to this:
    When I try to boot from USB drive which has installation distributive I get different errors.
    But my mistake.

If every one of your drives is able to boot on other PCs but not this laptop, you have the common denominator - the laptop. It sounds to me like a broken/buggy BIOS, especially given that attempting to update the BIOS results in an error.

Have you tried clearing CMOS/NVRAM? This may be difficult seeing as it's a laptop; removing the CMOS battery in my Alienware 17 requires complete disassembly as it's not accessible unless the mainboard is removed from the chassis. However, many OEMs provide some means of clearing CMOS/NVRAM by a key combo.
    Can I reflash BIOS of this laptop?
    No. But I reseted BIOS settings to default of manufacture. Should I buy a new CMOS or just to plug out and plug in it?

You sure ? I thought you were my bro !! :p