The LG gPad 7 V400 Lollipop 5.0.2 is out!! !!

Search This thread

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
how is performance with lollipop against kit kat?

After a few weeks, I downgraded back to Lollipop. Have in mind that I'm a Lollipop fan (Nexus 5) and did a factory reset after the LG G Pad update to make it clean.

With Lollipop, performance is worse, and it's not such a visual/feature change than from AOSP Kitkat to AOSP Lollipop, because LG UI makes it "the same".

So, Kitkat is way better for me.

:)

Reactions: ozp

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
After a few weeks, I downgraded back to Lollipop. Have in mind that I'm a Lollipop fan (Nexus 5) and did a factory reset after the LG G Pad update to make it clean.

With Lollipop, performance is worse, and it's not such a visual/feature change than from AOSP Kitkat to AOSP Lollipop, because LG UI makes it "the same".

So, Kitkat is way better for me.

You know you said you downgraded back to KK, how did you do so? As in how did you get the flashable file and what tool did you use to flash? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeppa! Update completed, Lollipop on board!
    First (negative) thing I noticed is an issue that also appears on LG G2 (I updated it 2 days ago): clearing Recent apps requires quite a second.. I can clearly see the round progress bar in that second.. Don't know why but I hope they'll fix..

A question to who is still on KK: how much physical space does System Data take? You can see it from Settings / Storage / Misc. Lollipop takes 4.20 GB, but I don't remember how much did KitKat..
    Thanks guys..

[ zer0lab.dev ~ stock on gpad7 ~ xda free ]

3.90 GB on KitKat, so it looks a like a minor increase. Downloading Lollipop OTA right now :victory: I honestly did not expect an update for this device :eek:
    is there a way to root lollipop for G Pad 7.0? thanks

one click script:D
    3.90 GB on KitKat, so it looks a like a minor increase.
    thanks mate!!

I honestly did not expect an update for this device :eek:
    why not? I did, and it was one of the reason why I bought it! LG always said that the entire G Pad tablet line would have received Lollipop, and they keep their promise!

Funny for me was that usually I always read OTA / firmware update online and then receive it or manually flash (just like for example Nexus 7, LG G2, OnePlus One, all the Samsung Galaxy line etc): this is maybe the first time (except the Froyo/Gingerbread days) the OTA notif really surprised me!! :D Funny! :D
    i tried to update mine but i forgot to remove towelroot. i got a message that my device is suspected of rooting and cannot update. can you guys please help me in fixing this? thanks

I'm having this too. I'm on my 3rd strike here. I tried unrooting via SuperSu and uninstalling the residual Supersu apk. I'm trying not to factory reset. Will let you know how it works out.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

i tried to update mine but i forgot to remove towelroot. i got a message that my device is suspected of rooting and cannot update. can you guys please help me in fixing this? thanks

Hey. Just download LG PC Suite (used Windows) and click Check Updates on the pc suite with the tablet connected. The Suite will show you the update after a few minutes and will update via usb.

It's updating apps on bootup now, but it's lollipop and doesn't seem to have wiped (based on the number of apps being updated).

Good luck :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone