The most stable/reliable ROM for the G Stylus

Search This thread

steppinthrax

Jun 16, 2015
I have the G Stylus and I love this phone and I rooted it when I got it, but never did anything special with getting a 3rd party ROM etc. I see several ROMS in this forum. What is a comparison of each. I'm currently running Android version 10 and it's starting to bog a little bit. I've been thinking of doing a complete wipe and reinstall to maybe "speed it up" a bit.

I was curious if anyone can shed some light on which roms and their features etc. I'm using this phone primarily for my work so I will need google authenticator and WORK containerization etc. I use MetroPCS and I'm in the US.

Last edited:
I have the G Stylus and I love this phone and I rooted it when I got it, but never did anything special with getting a 3rd party ROM etc. I see several ROMS in this forum. What is a comparison of each. I'm currently running Android version 10 and it's starting to bog a little bit. I've been thinking of doing a complete wipe and reinstall to maybe "speed it up" a bit.

I was curious if anyone can shed some light on which roms and their features etc. I'm using this phone primarily for my work so I will need google authenticator and WORK containerization etc. I use MetroPCS and I'm in the US.
Per the title thread Is have to say stock is the most stable and dependable.

Especially after a good debloating. If you're looking for more options and so on then try any of the custom ROMs. Andr 11 or R has been doing great. I've tried CR-droid, Arrow, and Stag. On Andy 10 or Q I've tried almost all.

I like tons of customization with good battery or the best balance. I love havoc, but RR allows more UI customizations. Personally I thought RR was harder on battery but i can't be 100% sure it wasn't me. A fresh install of arrow and the battery seemed to never die.

Thanks to the community, lineage, vache, and the other developers, testers, and users we have options galore.

Read all the instructions at least twice and try to read the thread if you're not familiar with things. That's the best way to see what works and what won't. If like me, you had never used dynamic partitioning read read read. Best luck.

If you're new to all this, I'll try to help when or if i can as I've been installing on different carriers and brands fur about 11 years. Wherever i got my dx might have been 2011

Good luck

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone