The Multiplatform YouTube Bible

Search This thread

toddmanningfan

Jul 14, 2008
Saved videos?

I have .flv AND .wmv video files saved on my HTC wing.

Neither video types will play because windows media player doesn't support .flv, and the .wmv files are too big (my smallest clip is just a 2 minutes and 15 MB, but I guess that is still too much???)

I have about 18 running program memory after increasing my pool to 6MB.

I don't have internet access on my phone, just e-mail. So I can only play SAVED videos...any ideas?

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
I have .flv AND .wmv video files saved on my HTC wing.

Neither video types will play because windows media player doesn't support .flv, and the .wmv files are too big (my smallest clip is just a 2 minutes and 15 MB, but I guess that is still too much???)

I have about 18 running program memory after increasing my pool to 6MB.

I don't have internet access on my phone, just e-mail. So I can only play SAVED videos...any ideas?
you can

toddmanningfan

Jul 14, 2008
???

Yes, I can only play saved videos since I do not have the Internet on my wing.

The problem is, I cannot get my saved videos to play because of the reasons in my post above. Can anyone help me render this problem?

Sqeegiex

Sep 28, 2007
Try downloading Youtubeplay and then open the saved file, it should rectify that for ya. You can find youtubeplay if you just search for it. I think the wing has wireless internet in it too correct? Just connect up via wifi and download the app, then you'll be able to play and search for the vids you want and download them. Then play them back at your leisure.

Last edited:

Sqeegiex

Sep 28, 2007
No problem, my pleasure. I wonder if there is an update for that. I guess I'll have to see. but you're very welcome.

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
I've decided to stick my latest Bibles & tutorials in the General forum for some days in a round-robin fashion. That is, I stick some 2-3 articles at a time and, after some days, I stick another set. This way hopefully everyone will notice them without even searching and they get the exposure they deserve.

All in all, don't be afraid: it's only some days that a given article remains sticky - after that, I stick another one.

dedecoco

Aug 24, 2008
There had been a game which is cross platform, the game seems to be shadow of legend. now they had suspended the plan of crossplatform. they choose the shadow of legend 2.5d. I think it will be very funny.

dvddecrypter

Aug 21, 2008
HTC Hermes

Still trying to get youtube to play on a HTC Hermes with WM6.0 ATT Rom. After following the tutorial videos download to 90 something percent then the program quits. This happens on 3g or Wifi.

dedecoco

Aug 24, 2008
age of mobile MMO hasn't come yet

playing a MMO on the move surely sounds cool, though it doesn't work well right now.

maybe they can try it later.

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
YouTube Prime Time, CBS Mobile Video Prime Time, All The Time!

Get the best of the best YouTube Prime Time, All The Time, get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=362685 . { All Downloads in post #1}.........................!

CBS Mobile Videos Channels Prime Time, All The Time, to access you will need the newly just released RTSP Video Player with all new super video codecs, get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=365248 . Just point your mobile web browser to http://mvideo.cbsnews.com/channels.php? ...! You can click on this link to check out the 10 prime time CBS Mobile Video Channels.............! {All Downloads In Post #1, Download #1}

Both of the above video players, plays in crystal clear highly enhanced video resolution quality. The best of the best in prime time all the time..............!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
UPDATE (09/23/2008):

The Kinoma folks have released the Windows Mobile port of their well-known, famous Palm OS player, Kinoma Play. It has excellent (in my opinion, the best on Windows Mobile) online media access features, including YouTube access. No wonder it has become the #1 in the connected media player category of WMExperts' (unfotunately, pretty terse and, CorePlayer-wise, pretty questionable - it has never crashed on me on any of my [numerous] WinMo devices) roundup. It offers a lot that, currently, CorePlayer can't provide.

KinomaYoutubeMain.jpg

(list view)
KinomaYoutubePlayb.jpg

(playback in Landscape mode with controls shown (normally, they're hidden))

The biggest advantages of Kinoma Play (as of the current version) compared to the current version (1.2.5) of CorePlayer are as follows:

• it supports Youtube accounts:
KinomaYoutubeLogin.jpg

• the length of lists isn't constrained: at the end of all lists (including searches), there's a "More" menu item, which allows for loading the data for and displaying the next 20 list items:

KinomaYoutubeMoreItems.jpg

This, along with YouTube account support, is really missing from the current, pre-1.3 version of CorePlayer.

Now, the problems (as of the current (09/23/2008) version). Unfortunately, there are some.

• on (W)VGA devices, the increased resolution isn't utilized. With YouTube, where only H.264 offers 480*320 (as opposed to the 320*240 resolution of Flash-based videos), there isn't much difference; with other video sources like standalone files (or ones coming from podcasts), this might be a huge problem. This also means that, unfortunately, album art and standalone image files are also rendered in low (QVGA) resolution only. This will, of course, not be a problem with low-res (QVGA) phones. Now, with the huge popularity of the VGA Diamond (Pro) and the forthcoming WVGA X1 and HD, more and more users run into this problem. Hope this will be fixed soon.
  • There's no built-in support for switching between portrait and landscape orientation. In CorePlayer, you only need to tap the screen to do this. Fortunately, the program automatically rotates the screen if you also rotate the system screen orientation from Settings / System / Screen. This is, however, pretty awkward: CorePlayer's approach is certainly much easier.
  • The GUI (and particularly the video playback) is really slow in Landscape, particularly on VGA devices. (QVGA devices fare far better in this respect.) That is, you'll want to prefer using Kinoma Play in Portrait, even with the videos not filling in the entire screen estate.
  • Playing back lower-res (QVGA at most) videos take definitely more CPU (and, consequently, battery) than doing exactly the same in CorePlayer.

Unfortunately, video playback speed problems are pretty common with Kinoma Play, particularly with video formats requiring a lot of computation power to decode. This means you won't be able to watch VGA-resolution H.264 movies on your (W)VGA handset. While CorePlayer can play them at almost full frame rate (with 5-10% framedrops at most), Kinoma Play will only deliver about 0.5-2 fps – and only at QVGA resolution.

Note that, stereo audio playback-wise, it works exactly like with the desktop version and unlike with CorePlayer on Windows Mobile. This means clips that are playbed back by CorePlayer in stereo in H.264 mode (for example, THIS and THIS) but only in mono in desktop browsers using the Flash player and, of course, in Kinema. On the other hand, clips like THIS are played back in stereo on both the desktop and in Kinoma but mono only in CorePlayer.

Hope the above-listed bugs will be fixed before long; currently, for YouTube searches / playback / browsing / login, it's far better a choice than the current (again, 1.2.5) version of CorePlayer. If you, on the other hand, don't find CorePlayer lacking in these respects (because, for example, you don't have a YouTube account or don't need more search results than 13), CorePlayer might be a better choice.

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
RTSP Deluxe Diamond<>Back Streaming Media.Cab WM Smartphones, No Wifi ReQuired

The ALL new just released RTSP Deluxe Diamond<>Back Streaming Media Player WM smartphone version is now available. The Deluxe Diamond<>Back Streaming media Player WM smartphone version is built similar to the sister HTC Diamond PocketPC version, EXCEPT the WM smartphone version has the ALL new blu-ray address/title bar across the TOP of the screen, this is another first for TechnologyXDA Laboratories.{see the photos below} Two other different features from the pockertPC version, the WM smartphone version is packing the monster H263 and H264DvcLib.dll codecs for the ultimate in video resolution quality. The volume control UP AND DOWN is through your stereo bluetooth headset, exclusive for this version only. You can get the download by following this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=365248 and go down to DOWNLOAD #1 in post #1. Don't forget to check out http://www.zoovision.com in stereo, the total video house, prime time all the time On Demand................! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ScreenShot026.jpg
    ScreenShot026.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot030.jpg
    ScreenShot030.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot031.jpg
    ScreenShot031.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot036.jpg
    ScreenShot036.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 9

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
NEXT GENERATION S740 Hi RES RTSP VIDEO PLAYER 9.0 {JEDI CLASS} IS NOW AVAILABLE

The average wm smartphone/pocketPC owner would wants the {Diamond<>Back<> Streaming Media Player} on their mobile device to access all those hot rtsp:// videos, music videos and news websites. In some countries over in South East Asia, this player will be used for live TV on mobile devices and in Europe some people will use it on their mobile device to watch the world news videos on BBC. Right here in the good old USA we use it to watch CBS news daily on the hour mobile video news updates, CBS sports, NFL news video and AccuraWeather video updates 24 Hrs a day via rtsp video feeds.

Jockyw2001 and I were the first to introduce a working rtsp.zip file YouTube player smartphone version formated excusively for wm smartphone here at xda-developers several years ago. I was the first to come out with the blu-ray screen for the smartphone format. I offered the blu-ray screen on the wm smartphone rtsp:// video player long before HTC did it recently on SoftBank of Japan's Dash like smartphone.

On the other hand, with this new Diamond<>Back<> Streaming Media player, notice their has been no other rtsp:// streaming video player on the market with a blu-ray address/title bar at the TOP of the screen, another first that I have introduced.{see the photos above}, Whats so awesome about this rtsp:// video player, no wifi is required to stream the videos, the download is always ahead of the video data stream with Monster codecs on board for the highest video resolution quality similar to mobile Definition TV.

I have another super rtsp:// streaming video player called the "blu-ray screaming video player" this baby works on just about all wm smartphones and wm PDA devices via wifi, 3g. You can get it here at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=365248 and go down in post #1 to download #1, have fun.......!

Did you know, this new next generation RTSP streaming video player allows you to stream {LIVE BROADCASTS OR ON-DEMAND} media content from the web. You do not have wait until the entire media content is completely downloaded before watching the video or hearing the sound. The media is sent in a continous data stream to your device and is played as it arrives, along with the audio. This Streaming Media program allows to play 3GP and MPEG-4 files.

It also supports playback of SDP {Session Description Protocol} files an {SDP} file is a text file that contains the format, broadcast time, media content and other information about a live broadcast or it may contain a playlist and links to prerecored media files if you are viewing on-demand streaming media. The HTC S740 Blu-ray 9.0 Hi Color RES RTSP video player is truly next generation technology.......!

*CHANGE HAS COME! NEXT GENERATION HIGH VIDEO RESOLUTION RTSP VIDEO PLAYER!
*NEXT GENRATION HI COLOR RES RTSP VIDEO PLAYER IS NOW AVAILABLE AT THE ABOVE LINK SITE WITH NEW FEATURES, SEE PHOTOS BELOW....!

Attachments

• ScreenShot061.jpg
    ScreenShot061.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot055.jpg
    ScreenShot055.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot052.jpg
    ScreenShot052.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot049.jpg
    ScreenShot049.jpg