Question The nav bar!!!

Search This thread

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Google Pixel 7
Whyyyy still to this day is the nav bar not transparent with just the pill why does there gotta be a big white navbar at the bottom taking up the nice screen? Is there any ways to have a transparent nav bar and just leave the nav pill there?? It's irritating lol it's transparent on the home screen yeah but in other apps it's just like whyyyyyyy 😂 the was a mod to have it transparent but I think that mod was patched, any other way? Like take a look at that big white thing below
Screenshot_20220729-173730.png

• Angry
Reactions: Mrcactuseater

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Whyyyy still to this day is the nav bar not transparent with just the pill why does there gotta be a big white navbar at the bottom taking up the nice screen? Is there any ways to have a transparent nav bar and just leave the nav pill there?? It's irritating lol it's transparent on the home screen yeah but in other apps it's just like whyyyyyyy 😂 the was a mod to have it transparent but I think that mod was patched, any other way? Like take a look at that big white thing belowView attachment 5671629
Easier to just get rid of the navbar.

Spookymyo

No:( I use to root with all my phone's but I don't see to much benefits these days besides battery , CPU tweeks and ad blocking, I normally run into to much hassle with rooting especially with online banking
No? Yes.

If you're rooted you can manipulate the nav bar any way you want.

I don't have the nav bar showing at all. There's no pill and no shading at all. The left gesture is completely disabled so it's easier to use apps built in swipe menus. I have 3 swipe up gestures.

And there's plenty reason to still root phones.

You can control which apps can have access to your phone and when they run in the background. Apps like Facebook and TikTok are constantly running and sending and receiving data. I have them locked down so they can't do anything unless they're open.

And online banking is an easy fix too. You just have to know what you're doing. It can be a little bit of a hassle getting everything done but it's worth it when you see the end results.

A properly setup rooted phone is better and more secure than it's non rooted counter part.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whyyyy still to this day is the nav bar not transparent with just the pill why does there gotta be a big white navbar at the bottom taking up the nice screen? Is there any ways to have a transparent nav bar and just leave the nav pill there?? It's irritating lol it's transparent on the home screen yeah but in other apps it's just like whyyyyyyy 😂 the was a mod to have it transparent but I think that mod was patched, any other way? Like take a look at that big white thing belowView attachment 5671629
    Easier to just get rid of the navbar.
    If you're rooted it's a simple fix
    Navbar color is controlled by app. Switch to dark theme in system settings or light theme in xda app. Problem solved.
    No:( I use to root with all my phone's but I don't see to much benefits these days besides battery , CPU tweeks and ad blocking, I normally run into to much hassle with rooting especially with online banking
    No? Yes.

If you're rooted you can manipulate the nav bar any way you want.

I don't have the nav bar showing at all. There's no pill and no shading at all. The left gesture is completely disabled so it's easier to use apps built in swipe menus. I have 3 swipe up gestures.

And there's plenty reason to still root phones.

You can control which apps can have access to your phone and when they run in the background. Apps like Facebook and TikTok are constantly running and sending and receiving data. I have them locked down so they can't do anything unless they're open.

And online banking is an easy fix too. You just have to know what you're doing. It can be a little bit of a hassle getting everything done but it's worth it when you see the end results.

A properly setup rooted phone is better and more secure than it's non rooted counter part.
    While I agree with you, note that some bank's apps just can't be fooled.