The OP5 Chill Out thread [OFF TOPIC ALWAYS ;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Drop in, introduce yourself, post pictures, ask dumb questions, talk, tease, chill out.

In memory of the beloved RC, @simms22 .

Attachments

• 71c440fc0f1516896553aad7ffbaa630.jpg
    71c440fc0f1516896553aad7ffbaa630.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Reactions: t2jbird

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Yep.
Stressed out and back home after a day's work. Was looking for a thread like this and found none. Nexus forums have a lot of these. At least when I used to own Nexus.
So thought I'd go ahead and create one cos I know we've got a lot of users.

Reactions: biglilsteve

enragedpaza

Aug 8, 2008
cincinnati
Should be getting my device today and I am excited. First OnePlus deviice. Hopefully no issues for me, fingers crossed. Used to be a heavy Android user, lately iPhone user. Making the decision to become a programmer has me interested in Android again and to learn java programming language. I will probably skin some things for this phone and maybe otthers if I pick up more Android phones, hell maybe build some roms in the near future.
bad night at work, mainly fixing others peoples f--- ups and sovling issues. I don't go back to work till Monday....... so fishing, gaming, messing with this phone (if no issues are found), birthday party, chilling with my daughters, school work, and swimming. Might be off work, but probably not much rest lol. :highfive:

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Should be getting my device today and I am excited. First OnePlus deviice. Hopefully no issues for me, fingers crossed. Used to be a heavy Android user, lately iPhone user. Making the decision to become a programmer has me interested in Android again and to learn java programming language. I will probably skin some things for this phone and maybe otthers if I pick up more Android phones, hell maybe build some roms in the near future.
bad night at work, mainly fixing others peoples f--- ups and sovling issues. I don't go back to work till Monday....... so fishing, gaming, messing with this phone (if no issues are found), birthday party, chilling with my daughters, school work, and swimming. Might be off work, but probably not much rest lol. :highfive:

Nice. I think you'll love the device.
Tip: Just don't bother with the negativity in the forum, the YouTube videos and news articles. Needless to say, I've seen people bitching about the device every which way. This phone has been great for me, I've seen zero issues so far. I got it during the preorder sale.

This is my first oneplus device too. Oneplus has come a long distance from being "just another cheap Chinese phone", when I was skeptical about it, to creating a name in the smartphone industry.
I have been a Nexus fanatic since the nexus 4 but I don't think they are worth the price tag anymore.

I kinda started out like you, interested in Android, started off learning Java, building roms for the Nexus 4 ( I was on a team that built roms called Euphoria OS, now defunct). Then, as everyone lost interest, I shifted to making money out of coding skills. Built a couple of Android apps. Now I also do Python and JavaScript mainly. Its been a fun ride, never regretted my decision.

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Jul 14, 2010
Northern Ireland
OnePlus 8T
Moderator Information,

Thread closed, Off-Topic threads are against the device specific rules. For off-topic discussions, please see the off-topic section.

Not allowed in ANY section (and also not in signatures):
  • everything prohibited by above linked forum rules
  • specified or implied off-topic threads
  • Discussion of / Linking to work of developers that are banned from xda. If they are banned, so is their work.
  • political/religious statements of any kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We've needed a thread like this ever since everyone wanted to constantly complain and nitpick (iPhone this, jelly that, etc). Cool.
    Drop in, introduce yourself, post pictures, ask dumb questions, talk, tease, chill out.

In memory of the beloved RC, @simms22 .
    Yep.
    Stressed out and back home after a day's work. Was looking for a thread like this and found none. Nexus forums have a lot of these. At least when I used to own Nexus.
    So thought I'd go ahead and create one cos I know we've got a lot of users.
    What roms are you guys using
    Staying stock for now. No need to root for me at the moment.

I'll probably jump on lineage for a bit when Android O is released.
    What roms are you guys using
    Stock for the foreseeable future. When I finally get to the point where I unlock, I'll probably be on an OOS based ROM. OOS is just so good. Plus it'll probably take awhile for aftermarket ROMs to get the dual camera working 100%.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone