• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

The Phone is Not ready--can't send sms often times..Help!

Search This thread

d1srupt3r

Nov 16, 2006
Hi guys! I always have this problem when sending sms. I searched everywhere in this forum about this problem but there is no specific answer for this problem. Has anyone of you experiencing this problem too? I read that there is a compatibility issue? How true is it? I am from Philippines and there are no types sim cards here just different networks..

My current solution for this problem:
1. Go to Comm Manager and turn off the Phone for 10 seconds and turn it back again and try to send the sms after 15 seconds.
2. If the step 1 doesn't seems effective try to reboot the device and immediately go to sms and send your text message.

Is there a permanent solution for this?

d1srupt3r

Nov 16, 2006
Okay I have fixed mine. I tried all versions but only version 2.30.21 of Radio ROM only fixed my problem. :) Thanks guys for all the help. :D

Richard Fantom

Mar 14, 2006
Warwick
I've also had this problem but only with some ROMs. I found that I had to reboot the phone to get a text to send and sometimes the phone was unavailable for voice calls. I have just changed from 2.47.21 to 2.69.21 and can send texts again, but if that doesn't fix it permanently will downgrade to 2.30.21 too.

Richard Fantom

Mar 14, 2006
Warwick
I'm still having problems with this. I changed to 2.69.21 Radio ROM and it seemed ok, but not for long. Then I changed to 2.30.21 and it seemed ok, but only for a while. So going to try another Radio Rom and if no better try a whole different ROM (possibly Korand 2.6) and see if that solves it.