• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

The phone suddenly resets itself

Search This thread

kriticar

Jun 24, 2012
Hi,

I am on rooted P7-L10 C900 B852, for a long time, but recently my phone suddenly resets itself.
When it happens, I have a hard time to turn it on. I have to do it several times, and sometimes I end up with "Optimizing app x of y" message (that is message that is shown after upgrading rom).

After optimizing is completed, my all wireless passwords are cleared so I have to rejoin again.

I tried to do the factory reset from twrp, but with no success – everything is the same as before.

What are my options now?
Can I somehow check hardware (I believe that there are some codes that I can type in for that)?
Could I reinstall B852 again?
How to clear everything and start from very beginning?

Regards.

RangerP7

Oct 1, 2015
So now you are at B852 after a automatic reset?
What about restore a backup with twrp?
And what do you mean with twrp factory reset is not working? Is twrp not able to mount the data partition?

Reactions: kriticar
Oct 30, 2016
If you want to reinstall B852 you have 2 options:
  1. Flash the stock recovery then update using the UPDATE.APP
  2. Get the Huawei Update Extractor tool, extract the UPDATE.APP package and then using fastboot flash the system, boot, cust and cache partitions

Reactions: kriticar

kriticar

Jun 24, 2012
I had a really hard time with the phone. Looks like my sd card has gone, so I ordered the new one.
I have downloaded update.app and I have flashed B830 recovery.

Is this anything I need in order to flash stock rom again?
I will use three button restart in order to activate flashing process.
Whatever I do, I want to put phone in factory state.

What is current twrp version that I have to flash in order to root the phone (supersu)?

Regards.

kriticar

Jun 24, 2012
After flashing stock recovery, I used recovery to do factory reset. Than I have put update.app on sd card, and installed B852.

After installation has completed, I have installed twrp from the link above and flashed supersu.

By now, I am using the phone for few days with no problems at all. Even battery has more stamina.

Thanks guys. 👍

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts