The ridiculous thing about the Arc/Arc S

Search This thread

shinaipt99

Jan 26, 2009
Porto
Google Pixel 5
Hello to you all, once again :)
I've been an android user since the beggining and i always loved the free part of it. I mean the free development, the free will and the free sharing of it. The arc s is my 3rd android phone and sadly i see that apart from the free development, free will and free sharing, there are people who charge you for "services" that could well be shared. I see the threads of my early phones and they florish but this one it gets stuck, over and over. Its a competitive world, i get it. but i think that here in xda, which is a forum i follow since my earliest and survivour omnia, it was all about sharing knowledge and experience with each other. Anyway, just a thought.

matus201

Oct 16, 2010
I think the problem with Arc is that there is no easy / free way of unlocking the bootloader for people who have their phone from a carrier. And without unlocked bootloader there are no custom ROMs..

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I've been an android user since the beggining and i always loved the free part of it. I mean the free development, the free will and the free sharing of it. The arc s is my 3rd android phone and sadly i see that apart from the free development, free will and free sharing, there are people who charge you for "services" that could well be shared. I see the threads of my early phones and they florish but this one it gets stuck, over and over. Its a competitive world, i get it. but i think that here in xda, which is a forum i follow since my earliest and survivour omnia, it was all about sharing knowledge and experience with each other. Anyway, just a thought.

Agree...
I used an x10 for almost 2 years,love the community back there,the people are so damn helpful
,not saying that here is not,but it's different.....

Reactions: josephnero

pushtostop

Jan 4, 2011
wexford
I think the problem with Arc is that there is no easy / free way of unlocking the bootloader for people who have their phone from a carrier. And without unlocked bootloader there are no custom ROMs..

+1

If it costs the devs to unlock our phone ,you can hardly expect them to pay that .
Most of the dev here is free the only thing I ve seen that is been charged for is bl unlocking.

PS. if a stranger stopped and fixed your car for free ,would u offer him a few quid ?
Now image that the stranger is the other side of the world using his computers,internet and free time developing for a phone he may not even use (ie fxp serve all 2011 xperias + some 2010 and I'm sure they don't personally use them all).

In my opinion people have to have some consideration and appreciation. devs use a lot of their resources to help our community and if everyone gave a few quid donation from that bowl of penny's everyone has ,to the person who has helped u
It not a big deal really is it?

Also I am not a dev or anything ,just someone who gives a little to get a lot.

Sent from here to there.

Last edited:

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
+1

If it costs the devs to unlock our phone ,you can hardly expect them to pay that .
Most of the dev here is free the only thing I ve seen that is been charged for is bl unlocking.

PS. if a stranger stopped and fixed your car for free ,would u offer him a few quid ?
Now image that the stranger is the other side of the world using his computers,internet and free time developing for a phone he may not even use (ie fxp serve all 2011 xperias + some 2010 and I'm sure they don't personally use them all).

In my opinion people have to have some consideration and appreciation. devs use a lot of their resources to help our community and if everyone gave a few quid donation from that bowl of penny's everyone has ,to the person who has helped u

Sent from here to there.

Fxp gets free phones from sony,you can ask them..but you are right still

Last edited:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
The people who charge for bl unlocking have to buy credits for SE Tool.
If they make it free, they would pay on their own and lose money.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
There is reason why our developers are not hacking the bootloader for Sim locked ones. Since Sony has provided us with the option unlock bootloader for sim free devices they don't want to screw up the relationship with Sony developers.

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010

You phone was subsidized by your carrier.

I paid extra for my phone to be SIM-Free, so why should people with cheaper carrier subsidized phones get unlocked bootloaders?

players21

Nov 2, 2010
+1

Sent from here to there.

I agree dev should get paid or compinsated for there work. Its the carriers or Sony that has lost the concept here .Putting out a phone that requires us to pay money to use it to its true full extent...as a previous x10 owner I loved the fact that I could flash a new rom once a week if I choose too . After all I did pay to own this device not rent it!!!!

Sent from my LT15a using XDA App

lofty5

Mar 2, 2012
There is reason why our developers are not hacking the bootloader for Sim locked ones. Since Sony has provided us with the option unlock bootloader for sim free devices they don't want to screw up the relationship with Sony developers.

sim locked phone have already been hacked, so what do you mean?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Agree...
    I used an x10 for almost 2 years,love the community back there,the people are so damn helpful
    ,not saying that here is not,but it's different.....