The same issue, with 2 different roms

Search This thread

Nabukodonosor

Nov 19, 2009
Kraljevo
www.toolsify.com
Hey guys. I had this issue (or should I say issueS) with my previous rom, which was PixelOS 12. But now after doing a clean install of another rom, ArrowOS 12.1, I have the same issues. So, I guess it's something in the Android 12 kernel or aosp rom, or something, I don't know. When I do something on the phone, and turn off the screen via the power button, the screen turns back on immediately, after about half a second. It doesn't unlock, it stays on the lock screen, but it turns on. After I press the button again, it turns off, every time, it never turns on again after that second power button press on the lock screen. I have tried a different kernel, Vantom, but the issue remained.

The second issue happens rarely, but it happens sometimes, and it happened with the previous rom. After I do something with the phone, I write a message or something and put the phone away with the screen still on, it stays forever on, I have to turn it off manually. This happens rarely as I said, but it happens. The first issue happens 10-20 times a day.

Any ideas why this happens?

Hey guys. I had this issue (or should I say issueS) with my previous rom, which was PixelOS 12. But now after doing a clean install of another rom, ArrowOS 12.1, I have the same issues. So, I guess it's something in the Android 12 kernel or aosp rom, or something, I don't know. When I do something on the phone, and turn off the screen via the power button, the screen turns back on immediately, after about half a second. It doesn't unlock, it stays on the lock screen, but it turns on. After I press the button again, it turns off, every time, it never turns on again after that second power button press on the lock screen. I have tried a different kernel, Vantom, but the issue remained.

The second issue happens rarely, but it happens sometimes, and it happened with the previous rom. After I do something with the phone, I write a message or something and put the phone away with the screen still on, it stays forever on, I have to turn it off manually. This happens rarely as I said, but it happens. The first issue happens 10-20 times a day.

Any ideas why this happens?
did you flash the right firmware?

xyl0

Apr 28, 2017
I had the same problem. I've played around in settings and now it's gone. Probably something in system/gestures and movement or ambient display. Those are my settings there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-164831_Erweiterte Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220619-164831_Erweiterte Einstellungen.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220619-164805_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220619-164805_Einstellungen.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 27

xyl0

Apr 28, 2017
It's the third in System.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-154503_Einstellungen_1.png
    Screenshot_20220628-154503_Einstellungen_1.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 14

Nabukodonosor

Nov 19, 2009
Kraljevo
www.toolsify.com
I use the same rom. :) I did try that, I turn off the Ambient display, but then for some reason when I get a notification my display doesn't wake. If I turn on that option (which gets turned off when I turn off the Ambient display, for some reason), my screen does wake with notifications, but than again the Ambient display gets turned on again. Any solution to this?