The screen of my Galaxy Note 9 doesn't detect the S pen.

Search This thread

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016
Hello friends:

Hope to find a solution to this problem...
So... a friend asked me to check her phone (Galaxy Note 9) because the S pen wasn't working properly. It was possible to use the commands when pressing the S pen button, but whenever I tried to use the S pen to navigate through the screen it was completely useless, the screen doesn't responded to the S pen.

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and I tried the Galaxy Note 9's S pen on it and worked as charm.

I did try these solutions:

1.- Soft Reset
2.- Reboot in Safe Mode
3.- Reset S Pen

None of them worked

HELP!!! I really wanted to impress my friend she's georgeus AF!!

hgajjar

Feb 20, 2010
California
Does Note9 have a screen protector on? Some cheap quality screen protectors/films cause this issue. Also, check if she already has a S pen in the note! (she might be testing your tech skills) default Note setting will not allow you to use second pen if one is already in the Note :)

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016
Does Note9 have a screen protector on? Some cheap quality screen protectors/films cause this issue. Also, check if she already has a S pen in the note! (she might be testing your tech skills) default Note setting will not allow you to use second pen if one is already in the Note :)

Perhaps that's the reason but I'm not going to tear up her screen protector... the S pen that she have is the first one that come with the Note 9

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016

I already tried to reset the S pen, it didn´t work

darekz

Nov 23, 2006
Go to a test mode and try again. If not working then there is a problem with digitizer and possibly service required. Try hard reset before sending for repair

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone