The screen of my Galaxy Note 9 doesn't detect the S pen.

Search This thread

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016
Hello friends:

Hope to find a solution to this problem...
So... a friend asked me to check her phone (Galaxy Note 9) because the S pen wasn't working properly. It was possible to use the commands when pressing the S pen button, but whenever I tried to use the S pen to navigate through the screen it was completely useless, the screen doesn't responded to the S pen.

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and I tried the Galaxy Note 9's S pen on it and worked as charm.

I did try these solutions:

1.- Soft Reset
2.- Reboot in Safe Mode
3.- Reset S Pen

None of them worked

HELP!!! I really wanted to impress my friend she's georgeus AF!!

hgajjar

Feb 20, 2010
California
Does Note9 have a screen protector on? Some cheap quality screen protectors/films cause this issue. Also, check if she already has a S pen in the note! (she might be testing your tech skills) default Note setting will not allow you to use second pen if one is already in the Note :)

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016
Does Note9 have a screen protector on? Some cheap quality screen protectors/films cause this issue. Also, check if she already has a S pen in the note! (she might be testing your tech skills) default Note setting will not allow you to use second pen if one is already in the Note :)

Perhaps that's the reason but I'm not going to tear up her screen protector... the S pen that she have is the first one that come with the Note 9

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016

I already tried to reset the S pen, it didn´t work

kevinfalcon

Aug 5, 2016

Tailborn

Nov 15, 2013
Hey go to display settings and enable touch sensitivity. Just try doing so :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts