• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

"the system has been destroyed" HELP!

Search This thread

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
so today i decided to root my Redmi note 8T. and now i deeply regret it. I had no idea what i was doing and now im ended up with "The system has been destroyed". what can i do now? ive tried flashing a new rom on to it with mi flash tool, but it gave me a "can not find flash_all_lock.bin" so now i cant do anything. the only thing i can get into is fastboot mode. what can i do to fix this?

help is much appreciated.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
so today i decided to root my Redmi note 8T. and now i deeply regret it. I had no idea what i was doing and now im ended up with "The system has been destroyed". what can i do now? ive tried flashing a new rom on to it with mi flash tool, but it gave me a "can not find flash_all_lock.bin" so now i cant do anything. the only thing i can get into is fastboot mode. what can i do to fix this?

well this is easy to do. I mean both easy to fix and as you now know easy get into this situation.

Little background info here will help you understand what has happened.

Android systems have gone to what is know as avb type system (A.ndroid V.erified B.oot), which means the system knows when the factory supplied software has been changed. The message you received basicly is just telling you , "hey this software is not the same as when it left the factory"

The system know this has been changed by checking files signature information. This signature is stored in a separate partition. The "vbmeta" partition.
When you use any modified system, you are supposed to tell the vbmeta partition to ignore the changes.

You do this by flashing the vbmeta.img to it's partition with a command to disable verification.

***Update will come here when I cut and paste the command and file from the many other threads here with the Info****. Or maybe you do a search and find it before I get to it.

here is a link to the answer
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82470133&postcount=6

Last edited:

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
got it fixed.

well this is easy to do. I mean both easy to fix and as you now know easy get into this situation.

Android systems have gone to what is know as avb type system (A.ndroid V.erified B.oot), which means the system knows when the factory supplied software has been changed. The message you received basicly is just telling you , "hey this software is not the same as when it left the factory"

The system know this has been changed by checking files signature information. This signature is stored in a separate partition. The "vbmeta" partition.
When you use any modified system, you are supposed to tell the vbmeta partition to ignore the changes.

You do this by flashing the vbmeta.img to it's partition with a command to disable verification.

***Update will come here when I cut and paste the command and file from the many other threads here with the Info****. Or maybe you do a search and find it before I get to it.

well. i got the system is destroyed thing fixed by unlocking again with the unlock tool , i guess i didnt give enough context. i was trying to re-lock it after regretting ever touching that "Unlock Now" button and i tried the command line method that every video i found used. and thats what threw me in that hell. i still havnt figured out how to re-lock the bootloader though. any chance you know how? thanks.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
well. i got the system is destroyed thing fixed by unlocking again with the unlock tool , i guess i didnt give enough context. i was trying to re-lock it after regretting ever touching that "Unlock Now" button and i tried the command line method that every video i found used. and thats what threw me in that hell. i still havnt figured out how to re-lock the bootloader though. any chance you know how? thanks.

yes.
you seemed to have been on the correct path before. but maybe you didn't have the fastboot rom downloaded.
The message you had as an error was "flash-all-lock file not found" this file (just a windows batch file by the way).

if you made ANY changes with unlocked bootloader, then locking it most dangerous.

Its recommended to use the flash-all-lock method.

maybe, if you are having trouble with the manual flashing, you can use a "tool" to do all the work. Like this one

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-8/how-to/tool-tool-one-driverstwrpfactory-t4009869

Reactions: mcheraghimn

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
yes.
you seemed to have been on the correct path before. but maybe you didn't have the fastboot rom downloaded.
The message you had as an error was "flash-all-lock file not found" this file (just a windows batch file by the way).

if you made ANY changes with unlocked bootloader, then locking it most dangerous.

maybe, if you are having trouble with the manual flashing, you can use a "tool" to do all the work. Like this one

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-8/how-to/tool-tool-one-driverstwrpfactory-t4009869
Does that actually work? Kinda scared to do things now. If it works, why isn't it the first result that comes up when someone Googles it? It would be so much easier

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
yes.

so, it would be dangerous if i already flashed twrp on it?

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3

well since i now want to re-lock it i tried doing that but the same problem still occurs.

vinay069

Feb 8, 2015

Do i need to flash vbmeta if i don't flash any custom rom ??? I mean just flash twrp and reboot to stock miui????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do i need to flash vbmeta if i don't flash any custom rom ??? I mean just flash twrp and reboot to stock miui????

Yes, if you do not, then the stock recovery gets restored.

yes.

any idea what this means in mi flash... error:Not catch checkpoint (\$fastboot -s .* lock),flash is not done

Not sure. I did see other person post that they had that message, and can't remember what they did to get around. But this should show up if you search the note 8 forums
    so, it would be dangerous if i already flashed twrp on it?

Yes it will.