[THE] TF3D Fire Icons (Update 25th Nov - Call History & Calendar icons)

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
hey folks,
after some long waiting, here is the long promised fire theme
i also revisited the landscape icons to make them even better and match the new theme

UPDATE 25th November!
I Uploaded 2 more zip files
"Fire v2.1 (Calendar & Call History included).zip"
The same as the original version, however it included Calender and Call History

"All Files in 1 folder.zip"
This file ONLY contains the required system files. Everything is in 1 folder so that you can install it faster. Please read the "Read me.txt" included.

PLEASE READ ALL MY NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING!

Instructions:
1. Download my file and unzip it on your Storage Card on your mobile
2. Disable TF3D (Settings-Today)
3. Open Total Commander and navigate to the extracted folder
4. Right click on the manila file that you want to use (you can use the ctl button on Total Commander for multiple selection). Do NOT copy the whole folder containing the manila files; copy ONLY the manila files instead!!!!!! For extra information on the way i organized the zip file check Note 2
5. Click on copy/move. Then select the Windows directory on your phone & overwrite if prompted (Caution: your storage card might also have a windows folder. You need to select the one on your phone!)
6. Re-enable TF3D[/B].
7. Soft reset (only if it is not working yet)
8. Installing the volume control icon
(Volume bars from Prewien..I modified the colours to my needs :D)
Move the bmp file with Total Commander to the windows directory of your phone and then reboot
9. Red Selection in phone dial
Use a registry editor and navigate to HKLM-Software-HTC-Phone and change "highlightcolour" to 861600 in hex mode

Notes:
1. Landscape mode will NOT work on the Diamond by default (only if its modded to do so. Do not ask me how to do it, i have no idea)
2. Folder Content: The zip file contains separate folders each of which includes the files for a different mod. So for example, the folder "Fire Slider" ONLY includes the files required for the slider to work. you ONLY need to copy the manila files. I included the PNG icons in the zip just in case someone wants to mess around with them.
3. In case the icons don't work, use Diamond TF3D config-->Appearance-->Restore Default and then follow my steps.

Things to do:
Red Selection in TF3D
Globe in Internet Tab
Modified Program Tab

Last edited:

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
i just updated the topic

Changes: Call History and Calender icons
I also included another file for easier and quicker installation

Please refer to Post 1 for more details

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
i guess so..
I am using a touch Pro myself :p

the only difference between the Diamond and Touch Pro, compatibilitywise is that the Diamond does not support landscape mode

Boris83

Nov 27, 2008
New to Themes

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to pocket pc for that matter. I have'nt really installed that many apps on my phone but looking to get into it.

Your instructions seem a little cloudy to me, what is Total commander and where do I find the Windows directory on my phone.

I'm sorry if I sound newbish but.......I am.

Also, how do I do the unzipping? can I use Winrar or is there something special I need? can I do it on the phone or through the PC....

Last edited:

nuke1

Jun 1, 2008
To access File Explorer in a general scenario, go to Start>Programs>File Explorer. Press the 'Up' softkey in bottom left corner of the screen, then tap the Windows folder. This is where 95% of all system files are. Don't play around with this part especially as you're new.

Total Commander is a file explorer type program with more flexibility. Just give it a search in the forum. :)

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
just a note to nuke1's post..

total commander allows you to overwrite system files..this is why you need it
of course all other file explorers that do this can be used too..

as about the icons, its just a normal zip file..use whatever you feel comfortable to unzip it :D

when you install total commander follow my steps above and you should be set
Windows folder --> C:/Windows

Boris83

Nov 27, 2008
Okay I DLed total commander but I don't know how to access my windows folder on my phone. it doesn't show up on the total commander.

I've never used a zip file before (does winrar do it? I even Dled Winzip but I'm not sure if it unzips it when I select the file or do I have to make it do that.)

frustrating.....this is my first pocketpc and I thought it'd be a little easier...

Thanks for any help.

P.S. my phone doesn't show up on total commander at all.

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
actually its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

there are easier ways of installing stuff. Thats with .cab files. I would love to make those for everyone, but the program that makes it gives me errors in vista...

anyway here are some answers to your questions.
.zip is a compressed folder which can be created within windows (right click-->send to compressed folder). Similarly, you can extract them in windows without the use of another program.
Personally i use WinRar, as you will also find that many people use .rar files. With Winrar you will be able to extract most formats..
Anyway, once you extract the content of the zip file, you get my folder. Youcan use the instructions above to take it from there.

TOTAL COMMANDER:
here are some settings for an easy use of the program.
Click on Show and check "Full"
uncheck "hide files in ROM" too
Go to about/settings and click on single click start (this allows you to enter folders with 1 click instead of 2)

a small explanation
on top of the program you will find an adress bar. Next to it is a "\" This navigates to the root directory. the ".." is for going one folder up.

Anyway, you do not have to access the windows directory in order to use my files..what you can do is this:
Move the files in the storage card. Then press the "/" in TC and then go to storage card. Access my folder, and select the files that you want to copy (Landscape icons are only for the Touch Pro by the way. You only need to select the manila files, nothing else..) You can use the "ctl" button on TC to select multiple files one by one

Once you selected everything, long press on one of them to bring the popup menu
Copy/Move
Click on Tree
** clicking on a + opens a subtree, - closes it. Subtrees are more inclined to the right. The very top one "/" is the root directory..When you open it you get subdirectories (Like Application Data, ConnMgr, Content,.....Storage Card, Temp, Windows)
Select that Windows one and click on OK
Then click on Move...That should do it

I know this post might be a bit messy but hopefully you get an idea of what you have to do.

Tell me if something is unclear

Boris83

Nov 27, 2008
That was a very good explanation. I'm somewhat familiar with how to use the windows system, it's just that I've never reallly ever run into any zip files before. (probably because I use Winrar and it takes care of all the unzipping without me even knowing it.) Also I've installed programs on my phone before and I usually ran into cab files for instalation so this was a lil different than what I new

Again thank you very much

Boris83

Nov 27, 2008
I can't find the option "hide Rom" on total commander to uncheck so I still can't see my phone files on my computer. Furthermore when I try to just copy and paste them in my phone I get an error message saying "check system memory and/or ROM is protected" when I select to overwrite the files. I know that I have enough memory for these files (about 134mb) so itmust be the later.

what can I do to have my windows folder from my phone shop up on Total Commander?

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
hmm sounds weird..even the normal file explorer should show the windows directory :s

anyway, from your pc you should copy on the mem card not in any windows foldr on your phone. otherwise you will get an error..
if i have time today i will try making a cab on another pc and see what happens

can you tell me in detail what you did?

Boris83

Nov 27, 2008
I extracted the file from my computer to my memory card with winrar. It showed up on my phone as a folder not a zip file so I'm assuming that's good. I tried copy/paste and cut/paste the manila files (only) from inside the folder of my mem card to the Windows folder of my phone memory. everything but the the extraction to my phone was done on my phone since I couldn't use total commander to copy/move. when I tried to paste the error message was given.

Thanks again...