The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository ( DTV No Longer Updated )

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

lalamanicer

Feb 29, 2020
This doesn't work for DirectTV.It works for DirecTV Stream.
Thanks for replying.

I'm very clear that this is for DirecTV Stream. What I was hoping for was to do the following:
1.) Download the android "DirecTV" app from one of the apk websites.
2.) Sideload said APK file.
3.) Use my satellite credentials to login in and what live tv via my streaming device.

Our satellite login works now on DirecTV APP (androidOS & iOS & iPadOS ). However, if I side-load the DirecTV APP onto a streaming device, I get an error when signing in.

Has anyone else got this to work?

lalamanicer

Feb 29, 2020
I thought the Android phone google play store app merged Dtv Stream and Directv Satellite into one app?? That's what the play store says--it's for Dtv Satellite and Stream customers. I guess the Fire tv apk wouldn't ---but there is a new android apk at apk mirror.
you're right, they did merge it.

However, when installing the APK that you would install on an android phone onto a streaming device (shield tv), it does not allow me to sign in. I get an error. I've been trying to do this since they allow both customers to use the directv app.

I believe the app is detecting the HDMI signal (I'm guessing here, I have no experience within this space).

gregoryh325

Apr 5, 2022
you're right, they did merge it.

However, when installing the APK that you would install on an android phone onto a streaming device (shield tv), it does not allow me to sign in. I get an error. I've been trying to do this since they allow both customers to use the directv app.

I believe the app is detecting the HDMI signal (I'm guessing here, I have no experience within this space).
Are you using version 4.0.36.37618 from apk mirror or the one posted in here recently- 4.0.35.37607 --which is the Fire Tv version. If you are trying to use the Fire tv version 4.0.35.37607 you are probably getting that error b/c Fire TV doesn't have that merged app. U need to use the 4.0.36.37618 at apk mirror---that is the merged apk one.

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
AntrixHDMan, would you be able to look into this and see if the android OS verison of DirecTV works with satellite login? I would be happy to share mine account if you don't have one. PM me if this is of interest to you. :)
Which device are you attempting to install the DTV Stream app (4.0.36) on? Looks like in one comment you mention TV, then you mention ShieldTV in another.

I'm wondering if you're facing the same issue I'm having. Loading the latest DTV Stream app no longer works for me on generic AndroidTV boxes (MiBox's, Tv's with Android OS built-in). However, the latest app, 4.0.36.x.x.x does work on my ShieldTV STB's.

I too was trying to get live TV working for one of my parents. The DTV Stream app on the MiBox was working. But then prompted for an update and wouldn't run. Once updated, and attempting to sign in, I was getting a 500 error I believe. I just wound up getting them a FireTV stick since the DTV stream app is supported on there.

lalamanicer

Feb 29, 2020
Which device are you attempting to install the DTV Stream app (4.0.36) on? Looks like in one comment you mention TV, then you mention ShieldTV in another.

I'm wondering if you're facing the same issue I'm having. Loading the latest DTV Stream app no longer works for me on generic AndroidTV boxes (MiBox's, Tv's with Android OS built-in). However, the latest app, 4.0.36.x.x.x does work on my ShieldTV STB's.

I too was trying to get live TV working for one of my parents. The DTV Stream app on the MiBox was working. But then prompted for an update and wouldn't run. Once updated, and attempting to sign in, I was getting a 500 error I believe. I just wound up getting them a FireTV stick since the DTV stream app is supported on there.
Hi Tnicko,

I have no issues with the DirecTV Stream app. It has always worked for me.

When I refer to "TV", i'm referring to my streaming device (Shield TV).

In my earlier post on this tread, I mention in full detail as to what I'm trying to achieve here. Simple put, I want to login using the "androidOS DirecTV app" on my "Shield TV", using my "DirecTV Satellite credentials". This has nothing to do with DirecTV Stream. :)

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
Hi Tnicko,

In my earlier post on this tread, I mention in full detail as to what I'm trying to achieve here. Simple put, I want to login using the "androidOS DirecTV app" on my "Shield TV", using my "DirecTV Satellite credentials". This has nothing to do with DirecTV Stream. :)
Well, there is only one DirecTV app for android which services both DirecTV (satellite) & DirecTV Stream (streaming) customers. It's called just DirecTV. "DirecTV Stream" is just the name of their streaming service, where "DirecTV" is their old school satellite service.

I personally am using the DirecTV app on my Shield TV box, version 4.0.36 (sideloaded). But I am a streaming customer only.

The issue may be your credentials and not the app itself. Even though the DirecTV app states it is for DirecTV & DirecTV Stream customers, you may have to call and inquire as to why your satellite credentials aren't working for the app.

gregoryh325

Apr 5, 2022
@I
Hi Tnicko,

Do you have an android phone so u can install the Directv app on it and test your credentials there? If you don't have an android phone you can download and install and android emulator onto your pc---go to google play store---install the Dtv app on it and test it. I use Bluestacks https://www.bluestacks.com/

Last edited:

neeksxda

Sep 27, 2017
I haven't gotten any of these APKs (Amazon or Play) to work on my Nvidia Shield Pro since updating to LineageOS for microG 18.1 (Android 11).

I'm using MagiskHidePropsConf and Universal SafetyNet Fix to get Widevine L1 support, which works flawlessly with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu and HBOMax.

When I run the DirecTV Stream apk from Amazon (DIRECTV STREAM_4.0.35.37607.apk), I can login and use the guide as intended. But as soon as I start to stream content, it errors out after a few seconds of struggling to play and then hits me with a "Looks like we ran into some trouble loading this content. Please try again in a bit. (100006-008)."

Here's a link to the logcat output when trying to run with Widevine Level 1: https://paste.pryv8.org/p/nauticalwindxerinae (XDA wouldn't save the attachment when I tried here). And also attached a photo of the visual glitches occurring on the screen

I know it's a DRM/Widevine related issue because if I disable MagiskHidePropsConf or use a Magisk Module to disable DRM, it works by falling back to a lesser quality stream. I don't want to sacrifice my L1 abilities in every other app just for DirecTV

---

When I try to use the new Play apks (4.0.36.37618), the app immediately quits on launch and outputs the following in logcat:

Code:
09-09 18:38:00.694  8794  8888 F com.att.tv: java_vm_ext.cc:577] JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: java_class == null
09-09 18:38:00.694  8794  8888 F com.att.tv: java_vm_ext.cc:577]     in call to GetMethodID
09-09 18:38:00.694  8794  8888 F com.att.tv: java_vm_ext.cc:577]     from boolean tv.youi.youiengine.CYIActivity.nativeSurfaceCreated(android.view.Surface)
09-09 18:38:01.150 25970 25970 D GmsGcmRegister: onBind: Intent { act=com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTER pkg=com.google.android.gms }
09-09 18:38:01.227  8794  8888 F com.att.tv: runtime.cc:655] Runtime aborting...

So it seems like the Play apks are heavily dependent on Google Play Services and MicroG won't cut it.

---

Fortunately, I can use the app from the Samsung TV -- but ideally I'd love not to be signed into any Samsung service and would be able to disable all their "smart" functions.

I've been searching for a better alternative that's Android friendly, but every other service seems to be missing a favorite network or two -- DirecTV is the only one comparable to traditional cable/satellite

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_182003_009.jpg
    IMG_20220909_182003_009.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

chaynes112

Aug 3, 2020
Well, there is only one DirecTV app for android which services both DirecTV (satellite) & DirecTV Stream (streaming) customers. It's called just DirecTV. "DirecTV Stream" is just the name of their streaming service, where "DirecTV" is their old school satellite service.

I personally am using the DirecTV app on my Shield TV box, version 4.0.36 (sideloaded). But I am a streaming customer only.

The issue may be your credentials and not the app itself. Even though the DirecTV app states it is for DirecTV & DirecTV Stream customers, you may have to call and inquire as to why your satellite credentials aren't working for the app.
I have tried installing DirecTV 4.0.36.37618 on my Shield Pro 2019 via the Downloader app and via sideloading from my Android phone. The app doesn't appear in the GUI, but I can find it in the installed apps list. When I click on it, the screen goes blank for a second and then closes out. Am I doing somethng wrong?

lalamanicer

Feb 29, 2020
I have tried installing DirecTV 4.0.36.37618 on my Shield Pro 2019 via the Downloader app and via sideloading from my Android phone. The app doesn't appear in the GUI, but I can find it in the installed apps list. When I click on it, the screen goes blank for a second and then closes out. Am I doing somethng wrong?
This happens to me as well. I could be wrong, but I wonder if it's detecting the HDMI signal?

The one that worked for me (using your directv stream login) is the one floating around this forum. Which I've posted below.

---------------------------
Lasted version: DirecTV Stream 4.0.35.37607
Downloader Code: 796393
URL: https://aftv.news/796393

volumnus1

Sep 22, 2022
So there's no way to use a DirecTV (non Stream) login even when using the modified version of the app?
I have the exact same question. It really doesn't make much sense. I have an Apple TV 4K 2021, a Fire Stick Max, and a Chromecast Ultra on my three TV's. If I had Xfinity or our local Fiber Optics cable TV provider, I could install their app and watch live TV on my Apple TV and my Fire Stick. I can't do that with DirecTV. I can only install DirecTV's app for people with satellite dishes on my Android phone and my iPad and then cast live TV to my Chromecast or Airplay live TV to my Apple TV. If DirecTV was worried about people getting something for nothing, why did they leave Chromecast and Airplay enabled on their mobile app for people with sattelite dishes? What is the difference between giving us the ability to cast and giving us an app for our AppleTV's and Firesticks? How hard would it be to port the DirecTV mobile-only app for people with dishes to a Fire Stick or an Apple TV? I assume it would be harder to port it to the Apple TV with all of Apple's proprietary nonsense.

baetis

Jan 7, 2015
So my old apk broke. Directv stream customer. I'm confused on which apk to use for Sony bravia. Please help if there is a working one.

volumnus1

Sep 22, 2022
I'm using version 5.29.001 directv apk. It says I have to upgrade but I just click ok and it lets me use the app. This is with satellite credentials on a Shield tv. You have to use mouse toggle or a bluetooth mouse for part of the navigating. Hope that helps. This is NOT the Directv Stream app.
Any hope of getting this for Fire Stick or Apple TV?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT INFO

The DTV Stream FireTV apk files no longer work on the Shield TV and various Android/Google TV devices.

You will need to sideload the latest mobile apk file and install the icon apk from my mediafire link

*** For future updates makes sure you just download the latest version from apkmirror ARM64-v8a if you have a Shield TV or ARM-v7a release if you have another Google/Android TV Device . ***

Mobile APK ARM64-v8a​

Mobile APK ARM-v7a​

Icon APK

***For Android TV devices to install icon press + on home screen and add Direct TV Stream.

On Google TV devices icon while automatically show up on home screen once APK file is installed***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.17.35261
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
    I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Working on the updates now, will update and reply to posts in a bit
    Lasted version: DirecTV Stream 4.0.40.37933

Downloader Code: 954562

URL: https://aftv.news/954562

Lastest version and has DireTV Stream Logo and not AT&T TV Logo that will show up on Android TV and Google TV devices.Apk was pulled from my Fire Stick added correct logo (DirecTV Stream) and no need for launcher apk.If you have my lasted version just install over that version.

Tested on Google TV,ONN Box and ShieldTV
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info