• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
Tried the latest release same issue like the prior one installes but won't load. This might be the end lol. But at least the android mobile app works
You have to install the arm7 or arm8 (64 bit) depending on the device I know you know this but those trying to install on a chromecast or non-shield need the arm7.

The shield works with arm8 version great.

They work perfect just need to install the icon only apk from a few pages back to see the icon!

Last edited:

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
You have to install the arm7 or arm8 (64 bit) depending on the device I know you know this but those trying to install on a chromcast or non-shield need the arm7.

They work perfect just need to install the icon only apk from a few pages back to see the icon!

Yup yup, at the time APK mirror didn't have links for the newer APK so I sent a backup copy from my phone to @troyhough

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
With that being said, I guess we/ @ACHILLES R32 can retire from the Amazon apps, at least for DirecTV Stream side and can/will do other apps when time permits after a request. Thanks again for the APK shortcut and for the time and effort you put into this side load project over the years! For me I will still talk with you on the daily offline heehee!

Reactions: DES765

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
With that being said, I guess we/ @ACHILLES R32 can retire from the Amazon apps, at least for DirecTV Stream side and can/will do other apps when time permits after a request. Thanks again for the APK shortcut and for the time and effort you put into this side load project over the years! For me I will still talk with you on the daily offline heehee!
Seriously!!! I can’t tell you how reliant we’ve all been on you since none of us want to use official DTV Stream devices!

That dtv stream icon apk is a life saver for most!

Without your lead on this most of us would have dumped our grandfathered plans years ago!

Reactions: IcerJo and DES765

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
Here's a quick launch file make by @ACHILLES R32 for the mobile app/APK, I haven't tested for the non 64bit version

Note: install the mobile app or the Amazon app and then install this shortcut APK to add the DirecTV Stream icon to your app menu :)
I can confirm this icon apk works for both arm7 and arm8 versions of the app flawlessly!

Now let’s see when they change their logo since they seem to every 3 months lol!!

Reactions: IcerJo

DES765

Jul 18, 2021
You have to install the arm7 or arm8 (64 bit) depending on the device I know you know this but those trying to install on a chromcast or non-shield need the arm7.

Thanks for this. The arm8 would not install on the A80j. But the arm7 did install along with the shortcut APK. Seems to be working okay. I'll know better the more I use it.. I'll keep 4.0.23 on the flash drive just in case.

Meme6868

Nov 22, 2021
Thanks for everything to this point Achilles!!
Indeed the icon and v8a apks work perfectly for the shield
Hopefully a good sign moving forward.
Is there a 4.025 that works for the firetv 4k as the latest one(v7a) seems to crash on startup?

troyhough

Jul 21, 2008
Ok so installed the latest .25 Android version on my Shield. Seems to work fine but still can't select channels to play in the guide, etc. What's weird is if you check the version under apps it says 1.0???

For fun I uninstalled it and tried the 32 bit version. It installed fine but can't select channels to play from the guide, just like the regular 64 bit version. Uninstalled it and went back to 64.

On a side note, I tried to install the 64 bit version on the onn UHD streaming device, which I thought was a 64 bit chipset and it wouldn't install. I installed the 32 bit version and it works fine, can select channels from the guide, etc.

PadreDeVeeco

Jun 26, 2019
Ok so installed the latest .25 Android version on my Shield. Seems to work fine but still can't select channels to play in the guide, etc. What's weird is if you check the version under apps it says 1.0???

For fun I uninstalled it and tried the 32 bit version. It installed fine but can't select channels to play from the guide, just like the regular 64 bit version. Uninstalled it and went back to 64.

On a side note, I tried to install the 64 bit version on the onn UHD streaming device, which I thought was a 64 bit chipset and it wouldn't install. I installed the 32 bit version and it works fine, can select channels from the guide, etc.
1.0 is the app launcher icon. I had the guide select problem on my 2017 Shield with Harmony remote but skinny remote worked. No problem on my 2015 or 2019 shields.

DES765

Jul 18, 2021
4.0.25 has been having issues with the A80J. Very slow to start. Freezing with the network busy message. And switching channels on it's own. So I went back to 4.0.23.

Woody3250

Jul 17, 2021
I'm currently running 4.0.23.35620 on my 2019 Shield and it's working fine, except I don't have rewind / ff capability. I've followed all the posts in this thread, but with the issues that have come up over the last few months, I want to confirm before proceeding. Am I safe to install 4.0.25.35854? Will this add the rw / ff buttons? Thanks for the advice. And a HUGE thank you to all who work on keeping this thing afloat. Like many others, I have a grandfathered plan, and I would hate to have give it up.

PadreDeVeeco

Jun 26, 2019
I'm currently running 4.0.23.35620 on my 2019 Shield and it's working fine, except I don't have rewind / ff capability. I've followed all the posts in this thread, but with the issues that have come up over the last few months, I want to confirm before proceeding. Am I safe to install 4.0.25.35854? Will this add the rw / ff buttons? Thanks for the advice. And a HUGE thank you to all who work on keeping this thing afloat. Like many others, I have a grandfathered plan, and I would hate to have give it up.
I'm running 4.0.25.35854 on my 2015 and 2019 Shields. Everything is fine and FF/Rewind works on recorded shows.

Meme6868

Nov 22, 2021
The fire stick has version 4.0.25 in its own AppStore. There is no need to sideload it.
Im using it from the uk with a vpn on my brother-in-laws account to watch english premier league games on nbc.
Up to now the various modified versions made by Achilles have worked perfectly on both my shield and 4k firestick
4.0.2.5(64 bit/v8) version is working fine on shield but the 32bit v7a crashes on boot up on the firestick.

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
Im using it from the uk with a vpn on my brother-in-laws account to watch english premier league games on nbc.
Up to now the various modified versions made by Achilles have worked perfectly on both my shield and 4k firestick
4.0.2.5(64 bit/v8) version is working fine on shield but the 32bit v7a crashes on boot up on the firestick.
Why are you not installing it from the fire TV AppStore directly??? You don’t need to sideload

11/19/2021 There is a link to my google drive with latest 4.0.2.5 apk ripped directly from my firestick 4k. This is from amazons AppStore.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    32bit v7a here...

Re.uninstalling ..i use a file.manager (xplore) on both my firetv and shield and it recognises both the main directv stream apk and logo.apk as 2 separate files thus easily uninstalled
    So Discovery bought AT&T (and HBO Max and Warner Bros Films) so they obviously understand the importance of saving DTV. So, why no official Android TV app yet? Wouldn’t they get a large number of new subscribers if they did? So weird… like they are trying to fail and have been since day one.
    No love for nvidia shield
    Yeah but now Android TV has become the #1 OS for Smart TV’s and there is the successful Chromecast with Google TV and ONN box.
    I installed the armeabi-v7a 26.36 on my Sony TV Android TV but the icons doesn’t show. The app is installed as a system app. How can I fix this?

Edit: The latest APK that runs fine is the 4.0.23.35620 which I cannot longer find online. The icon shown is incorrect.
    32bit v7a here...

Re.uninstalling ..i use a file.manager (xplore) on both my firetv and shield and it recognises both the main directv stream apk and logo.apk as 2 separate files thus easily uninstalled
    Thanks, this work perfectly!!!

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

Just download the desired version and Enjoy!!

Click Here to Download AT&T TV APKs

Click Here to Download AT&T Watch TV APKs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.17.35261
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements

IMPORTANT

I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Working on the updates now, will update and reply to posts in a bit
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info
    @ACHILLES R32

New release....

Latest Developer Update: June 15, 2020
    Done :D

Latest ATT TV and ATT WATCH TV Apps have been updated, i uploaded the HBR version and the untouched apks.

Please test the apk and report back, i no longer have a subscription to AT&T TV Now so i cant test it myself.
    Thank You!!

Also if any user shares the modified apks with any other site please give us credit. I and numerous other people contributed to this thread over the years.

Click Here to Download ATT TV APKs

Click Here to Download ATT WATCH TV APKs

AT&T TV RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 3.0.22203.05022
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements