The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
I also noticed that on demand is sending out in stereo instead of 5.1. not sure on the video quality. Can that be controlled by the app?
All depends on the specific show, what I do know is that all of the ondemand Audio is in PCM and not Dolby digital Not sure why ATT/DTV did that..

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
All depends on the specific show, what I do know is that all of the ondemand Audio is in PCM and not Dolby digital Not sure why ATT/DTV did that..

I started playing more on demand content and it looks like it may be dependent on the network? I'm watching some diy on demand and there are no ads so I'll be looking more into this. To do wish the video and sound quality for on demand could be increased.

aas88keyz

Oct 23, 2017
Just a that a boy for the hard work put into this thread. I think I am behind in updates but I still got a working app. I notice improvements here everyday. I will probably do an update some time this week. Keep up the good work!

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
@ACHILLES R32 is it possible to get the ATT Watch HBR version modified so that amazon app store is not required?

TIA.
Here you go , latest HBR ATT Watch app.
Just HBR and Amazon verification removed , still has on-demand ads . Can try no ads at something point . Just wanted to get it uploaded asap

Let me know if you have issues, oh and I included your tip about the email login error . FAQ has been updated

https://m.mediafire.com/folder/fq8g91dygyowr
No problem at all! I’ll keep my eyes out for one. I don’t notice any difference from this one to newest though (other than no bugs on the older version).
Here is the DTV now file with just hbr has amazon verification removed

Let me know how that works , in regards to the video loading message

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dnce16escq723cq/DirecTVNow_2.0.16.01143_HBR_modified.apk/file

uicnren

Jun 19, 2007
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 2 XL
Here you go , latest HBR ATT Watch app.
Just HBR and Amazon verification removed , still has on-demand ads . Can try no ads at something point . Just wanted to get it uploaded asap

Let me know if you have issues, oh and I included your tip about the email login error . FAQ has been updated

Thanks a bunch. Works like a charm.

I do have a quick question, something changed at some point. Does this app have the same package name as the DirecTV NOW package?

For some reason I can no longer have them installed at the same time. It's not a big deal, just curious more than anything, as it worked until just recently with both installed.

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Thanks a bunch. Works like a charm.

I do have a quick question, something changed at some point. Does this app have the same package name as the DirecTV NOW package?

For some reason I can no longer have them installed at the same time. It's not a big deal, just curious more than anything, as it worked until just recently with both installed.
Yeah , I think the package names became identical few releases ago. It will probably change again . They had the same package names at one other time as well.

DTV Now
f2c7ab632f8e2b2a54b275fdd2952d78.jpg

ATT Watch TV
5f1bf0d89ffd0f56003f51e87cf91c46.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: uicnren

Flo655

Jan 4, 2019
Achilles: any chance you can extract the updated version of NBC Sports? Seems like they merged both NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold into a new NBC Sports app, latest version of the NBC Sports app is 4.0 as per the Amazon app store.
While I'm at it, on either NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold I can't seem to even reach 720p from their streams which is odd, I wonder if they're manually setting a max bitrate value on the Fire TV app for some reason. Has someone experienced the same thing?

Mimomaj

Jun 12, 2018
Achilles: any chance you can extract the updated version of NBC Sports? Seems like they merged both NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold into a new NBC Sports app, latest version of the NBC Sports app is 4.0 as per the Amazon app store.
While I'm at it, on either NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold I can't seem to even reach 720p from their streams which is odd, I wonder if they're manually setting a max bitrate value on the Fire TV app for some reason. Has someone experienced the same thing?
Yes I have the same problem regarding the resolution

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

When watching a recorded show, press and hold the selection button and a menu will come up, then you can arrow over to the skip ahead 15 seconds.
    Thanks, that's what I needed. 2x and 4x ff and rewind work, too.
    When watching a recorded show, press and hold the selection button and a menu will come up, then you can arrow over to the skip ahead 15 seconds.
    Thanks, that's what I needed. 2x and 4x ff and rewind work, too.

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

Just download the desired version and Enjoy!!

Click Here to Download AT&T TV APKs

Click Here to Download AT&T Watch TV APKs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.2.02100
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements

IMPORTANT

I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info
    @ACHILLES R32

New release....

Latest Developer Update: June 15, 2020
    Done :D

Latest ATT TV and ATT WATCH TV Apps have been updated, i uploaded the HBR version and the untouched apks.

Please test the apk and report back, i no longer have a subscription to AT&T TV Now so i cant test it myself.
    Thank You!!

Also if any user shares the modified apks with any other site please give us credit. I and numerous other people contributed to this thread over the years.

Click Here to Download ATT TV APKs

Click Here to Download ATT WATCH TV APKs

AT&T TV RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 3.0.22203.05022
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements
    Hey everyone,

Good news! I figured out how to get high bitrate steams for the DirecTV Now app.

TLDR: I decompiled the modified apk, found Bitrate settings, increased them to match higher end devices, recompiled.

ACHILLES R32, I can provide instructions if you want to start incorporating high bitrate versions of the DirecTV Now apk. Otherwise I'd be happy to compile new versions (but it will add a bit of delay if I'm not available).

Download High Bitrate APKs Here

Longer version:
    For the last ~2 months I've been using the DirecTV Now Beta streaming box (Osprey). I was lucky to receive and test one for free. The video quality on the beta box is noticeably better, but it's obvious the Shield is a more powerful streaming device. The Apple TV and higher end Fire devices also offer higher quality, so this got me thinking that there must be a way to enable the same quality on the shield. I decompiled the modified apk, which comes from the Fire TV. Inside the files, I noticed profiles for each of the Fire devices and each one had varying levels of Bitrate quality settings. Since we are installing this apk on non-Fire devices, the device name will not match up and it reverts to the Default Bitrate settings. The default bitrates are low (6000000 for live tv) while higher end devices use a setting of 20000000. I increased the default bitrates for live tv, DVR, and VOD. After recompiling and installing, the quality is much better!

I'm not aware of any way to view video bitrate statistics on the Shield or in the DirecTV App. So my crude way of testing bitrate is to monitor network traffic for 1 minute in my router, for each device. I've linked screenshots for shield low bitrate, shield high bitrate, and the beta (Osprey) box for comparison. You can clearly see the amount of data used is closer to the Osprey.

https://imgur.com/a/fUfKgpB
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone