The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters

kbadone

Dec 13, 2008
United States
Thank you! Could be placebo but it feels a bit faster and 10/10 times my channels loads with no problems upon first open. I tend to get the retry screen alot with the other one. Also if you go to the quick channel select screen and scroll all the way down it seems like they (AT&T) may be taking the easy way out and sending an apk copy of their android device without the android tv interface options. Just a wild guess lol anywho! Thank you again for all the hard work!!
Looks like it's faster indeed! I am using it on Shield TV Pro and the thumbnails are loading much faster and the guide loading is instance! Wish they add the quick mini guide access similar to AT&T osprey box.

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
will any version work?
I just tested the directv app v 5.24.004 that I pulled from the play store . App is only in portrait mode on the shield. This is the only thing I found from few pages back.

Here is the directv app from apkmirror if you want to download it and try it yourself and use the other app to change orientation

-----------------
Hi Guys, I am new around here. I have acc for Direct TV only, not ATT or ATT TV NOW app, can anyone tell me how to install Direct TV app on Mi Box 3, I have apk for android phone, but picture is adjusted for phones and is rotated. Can you tell me how to fix that or you have apk for fixed verson. Thanks very much!
[/QUOTE]
At the very least, you can set the screen orientation with this app.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/eyes-...e/set-orientation-1-1-4-android-apk-download/

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anth75

Jul 26, 2010
East Boston
I just tested the directv app v 5.24.004 that I pulled from the play store . App is only in portrait mode on the shield. This is the only thing I found from few pages back.

Here is the directv app from apkmirror if you want to download it and try it yourself and use the other app to change orientation

-----------------
Hi Guys, I am new around here. I have acc for Direct TV only, not ATT or ATT TV NOW app, can anyone tell me how to install Direct TV app on Mi Box 3, I have apk for android phone, but picture is adjusted for phones and is rotated. Can you tell me how to fix that or you have apk for fixed verson. Thanks very much!
[/QUOTE]
I'll give that a shot. Thanks

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
Good day fine people!!

I just bought my very first android TV (Sony Bravia X900H) and low and behold I cannot download DirecTV Now (AT&T TV)... I would rather not use my firestick as I'd like to fully experience the android TV UI.

Am I in luck, can i sideload a version of DirecTV Now to my TV? I'd prefer to also not use Chromecast to stream as I like the interface on TV.

Thanks!!

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Good day fine people!!

I just bought my very first android TV (Sony Bravia X900H) and low and behold I cannot download DirecTV Now (AT&T TV)... I would rather not use my firestick as I'd like to fully experience the android TV UI.

Am I in luck, can i sideload a version of DirecTV Now to my TV? I'd prefer to also not use Chromecast to stream as I like the interface on TV.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum !!,

Yes you can side load the AT&T TV app to watch directv now/ att tv now/ att tv content. The link should be a few posts above or page 83 if you are using the XDA app.

I want to start by saying Thank You to @kbadone , he figured out to fix the zoomed/stretched icon on the most recent version of the ATT TV app v 3.0.24201.09160.

I have applied the fix and re uploaded the file to mediafire. If you installed the previous version, please uninstall that along with the icon fix apk.

i still have to apply the fix to the HBR_modified apk ( which has amazon app store verification removed).

For the time being here is the most up to date version of the ATT TV HBR apk. Enjoy !!

Last edited:

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
Welcome to the forum !!,

Yes you can side load the AT&T TV app to watch directv now/ att tv now/ att tv content. The link should be a few posts above or page 83 if you are using the XDA app.
Very nice!!!

One question... I Would not get auto updates correct? OR... once it's on an android device, it would auto update to newer versions? How would you advise I check back for an update to keep my app up to date?

Thanks,
Robert

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Very nice!!!

One question... I Would not get auto updates correct? OR... once it's on an android device, it would auto update to newer versions? How would you advise I check back for an update to keep my app up to date?

Thanks,
Robert
Correct no auto updates, you have to sideload each time. Im pretty good about uploading the updates the same day they are released on the play store and amazon app store . ATT tends to release a update every few months . In the past they had more frequent updates.

I recommend following this thread and have notifications on or download the XDA app

Reactions: troyhough

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
Correct no auto updates, you have to sideload each time. Im pretty good about uploading the updates the same day they are released on the play store and amazon app store . ATT tends to release a update every few months . In the past they had more frequent updates.

I recommend following this thread and have notifications on or download the XDA app
Much appreciated … so now the million dollar question... what the H is going on that Sony Android TV does not have the ability to nativly download this app? Is there a backstory (apologies, i didn't have time to read through 84 pages).

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
Much appreciated … so now the million dollar question... what the H is going on that Sony Android TV does not have the ability to nativly download this app? Is there a backstory (apologies, i didn't have time to read through 84 pages).
Short story, it's not a native application for Android TV so we are sideloading a ripped application from the Amazon Fire TVapplication store.

Reactions: troyhough