The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository ( DTV No Longer Updated )

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

JoeRockhead

Jan 30, 2019
Lake Tahoe, NV
Can we have that on Apple 4k TV? Can you link me?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I haven't created an Apple mod (yet). I'm just looking at the Apple IPA for parameter references, so we can apply them to the Android APK mod. Some of these parameters are fake, so the developers attempt to send us on a goose-chase. ACHILLES R32 is testing my Shield root mod. That root parameter had some deliberate fake info. I'm guessing that is why people were struggling to bypass root.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

From what I read tv had the same issue, but I don't have one to test and Roku may Also have the same issue. I don't watch on demand often, mainly live and DVR. Also shield TV shouldn't have any problems decoding Dolby Digital as it does it for the channel's. I believe it's Directv now's approach to streaming those channels, they may be accessing them some weird way. There is a thread on Reddit where the fix for a fire TV 4k is to set volume to normalize so it could be something to do with the app being sideloaded for us ?*♂️

I ran a Wireshark on the live and VOD streams. The live stream appears to stream in Dolby 5.1, then the client can either accept or down-convert to PCM. The VOD stream appears to be PCM only. I don't know if a parameter is available to tell the VOD stream to send in Dolby 5.1.

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Sorry, I haven't created an Apple mod (yet). I'm just looking at the Apple IPA for parameter references, so we can apply them to the Android APK mod. Some of these parameters are fake, so the developers attempt to send us on a goose-chase. ACHILLES R32 is testing my Shield root mod. That root parameter had some deliberate fake info. I'm guessing that is why people were struggling to bypass root.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I ran a Wireshark on the live and VOD streams. The live stream appears to stream in Dolby 5.1, then the client can either accept or down-convert to PCM. The VOD stream appears to be PCM only. I don't know if a parameter is available to tell the VOD stream to send in Dolby 5.1.
I got to find some root users willing to try it[emoji23][emoji23]
So if any root users are interested and they have a android tv box let me know ?. Quote or pm me.

I'll compile the apk in the next day or so.

Sent from my Pixel 2

jinx8402

Dec 23, 2009
FYI, if you have a Sony TV or a remote with numbers, you can use the number pad to skip to a letter in the alphabet in the guide like the beta box. Not sure how long that has been available or if known already. I am using the latest hbr app.

neo_smith

Feb 3, 2019
I have a MiBox 3 and the modified versions were working flawlessly up to version DirecTVNow_2.0.15.02146_modified.apk. (<---- This is the last version that still works, but it comes up with the location error and you hit retry and it works flawless after that. The last modified version, the HBR version_modified you posted on someones post the other day and the latest amazon store ones do not work, give same location errors. Any ideas? I made sure permissions are on for location and file access in each remove/install.

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
I have a MiBox 3 and the modified versions were working flawlessly up to version DirecTVNow_2.0.15.02146_modified.apk. (<---- This is the last version that still works, but it comes up with the location error and you hit retry and it works flawless after that. The last modified version, the HBR version_modified you posted on someones post the other day and the latest amazon store ones do not work, give same location errors. Any ideas? I made sure permissions are on for location and file access in each remove/install.

Not sure my some are having issues with the hbr files and the amazon ones.

I'll upload a modified file with just app store verification removed. I think it might be something that dtv now is changing. Many Sony TV users are having issues finding the location with the latest releases . Including me. So you may have to start spoofing your location.

here is the modified file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q8fs8n8mwalwams/DirecTVNow_2.0.15.03111_modified.apk/file

Last edited:
Reactions: troyhough

neo_smith

Feb 3, 2019
Not sure my some are having issues with the hbr files and the amazon ones.

I'll upload a modified file with just app store verification removed. I think it might be something that dtv now is changing. Many Sony TV users are having issues finding the location with the latest releases . Including me. So you may have to start spoofing your location.

Thank you.... I will try file in a few, wife is running warlord over the mibox right now lol. I will let you know.... As for location spoofing on the mibox, do you have any suggestions?... I tried Express VPN and it still gave the location error.

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Thank you.... I will try file in a few, wife is running warlord over the mibox right now lol. I will let you know.... As for location spoofing on the mibox, do you have any suggestions?... I tried Express VPN and it still gave the location error.
you'll have to use app cloner to spoof it costs 3.99 unfortunately vpn wont help. see the FAQ on the main page has all the steps for spoofing .

Reactions: neo_smith

veeco

Apr 17, 2007
High bit rate is working excellent, thank you... Is there a way to install this back on a fire stick?

Depending on which Fire device you install the modified apk, you will likely not get higher bitrate. The mod that I found changes the default bitrate, which is used since the device name does not match on non Fire devices. There are specific bitrate settings for each Fire device, and they have their own bitrate values. You could increase these settings for a specific Fire device as well but I suspect they are lower because the fire devices can not handle higher bitrate streams. Pretty much all Fire devices are set to a max of 6000000 except for "Fire TV Edition - Toshiba 4K (2018)" and "Fire TV Edition - Element 4K (2017)" which are set to the max of 20000000.

Reactions: damngood98

JoeRockhead

Jan 30, 2019
Lake Tahoe, NV
Depending on which Fire device you install the modified apk, you will likely not get higher bitrate. The mod that I found changes the default bitrate, which is used since the device name does not match on non Fire devices. There are specific bitrate settings for each Fire device, and they have their own bitrate values. You could increase these settings for a specific Fire device as well but I suspect they are lower because the fire devices can not handle higher bitrate streams. Pretty much all Fire devices are set to a max of 6000000 except for "Fire TV Edition - Toshiba 4K (2018)" and "Fire TV Edition - Element 4K (2017)" which are set to the max of 20000000.

I've experimented with the 20000000 bitrate setting on both Shield TV and Sony Bravia TV. The 20000000 rate did improve the video on both types of devices. I also experimented with settings > 20000000, but did not see any video quality improvement. 20000000 = 20Mbps. 20Mbps should be plenty for 1080p. Netflix runs h265 4k with only ~15-20Mbps. I've seen a couple bandwidth miscalculations on these forums. A couple of times I've seen people incorrectly use MBs instead of Mbps. 20000000=20Mbps or 20000000=~2.5MBs. Just FYI to those who are experimenting with this setting.

Last edited:

neo_smith

Feb 3, 2019
you'll have to use app cloner to spoof it costs 3.99 unfortunately vpn wont help. see the FAQ on the main page has all the steps for spoofing .

OK, the good news is that the modified 311 version (the latest one you posted on your response to me) now works on the MiBox 3! It even removed the small bug where it could not find the location once you start the app for a few seconds on the DirecTVNow_2.0.15.02146_modified.apk! Thank you for all your help! So for now, no spoofing needed on the Mibox 3 with the modified version! (On mine anyway!)

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
OK, the good news is that the modified 311 version (the latest one you posted on your response to me) now works on the MiBox 3! It even removed the small bug where it could not find the location once you start the app for a few seconds on the DirecTVNow_2.0.15.02146_modified.apk! Thank you for all your help! So for now, no spoofing needed on the Mibox 3 with the modified version! (On mine anyway!)
Good to hear that it works.
Looks like I'll start doing the non hbr Modified files again [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT INFO

The DTV Stream FireTV apk files no longer work on the Shield TV and various Android/Google TV devices.

You will need to sideload the latest mobile apk file and install the icon apk from my mediafire link

*** For future updates makes sure you just download the latest version from apkmirror ARM64-v8a if you have a Shield TV or ARM-v7a release if you have another Google/Android TV Device . ***

Mobile APK ARM64-v8a​

Mobile APK ARM-v7a​

Icon APK

***For Android TV devices to install icon press + on home screen and add Direct TV Stream.

On Google TV devices icon while automatically show up on home screen once APK file is installed***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.17.35261
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
    I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Working on the updates now, will update and reply to posts in a bit
    Lasted version: DirecTV Stream 4.0.40.37933

Downloader Code: 954562

URL: https://aftv.news/954562

Lastest version and has DireTV Stream Logo and not AT&T TV Logo that will show up on Android TV and Google TV devices.Apk was pulled from my Fire Stick added correct logo (DirecTV Stream) and no need for launcher apk.If you have my lasted version just install over that version.

Tested on Google TV,ONN Box and ShieldTV
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info