The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository ( DTV No Longer Updated )

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Achilles: any chance you can extract the updated version of NBC Sports? Seems like they merged both NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold into a new NBC Sports app, latest version of the NBC Sports app is 4.0 as per the Amazon app store.
While I'm at it, on either NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold I can't seem to even reach 720p from their streams which is odd, I wonder if they're manually setting a max bitrate value on the Fire TV app for some reason. Has someone experienced the same thing?
I'll update it over the weekend

Sent from my Pixel 2

Dub510

Mar 1, 2019
I have a Sony Bravia and I cannot get anything to work :(

The only option that seems to work is loading the Amazon Store app (Amazon App Store.apk) and the older Beta app (DirecTVNow_beta_amazon_2.0.11.02115.apk).

When I load the App Store, Then Beta, I'm able to Login, I do get the prompt about login to amazon store, clicking OK to that and letting it load seems to work. I simply hit "back" and I'm free to browse/use the app.

All other modified apps just crash and or ask for location services (which I have enabled).

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
I have a Sony Bravia and I cannot get anything to work :(

The only option that seems to work is loading the Amazon Store app (Amazon App Store.apk) and the older Beta app (DirecTVNow_beta_amazon_2.0.11.02115.apk).

When I load the App Store, Then Beta, I'm able to Login, I do get the prompt about login to amazon store, clicking OK to that and letting it load seems to work. I simply hit "back" and I'm free to browse/use the app.

All other modified apps just crash and or ask for location services (which I have enabled).
Did you try spoofing the location.or app . What model is your Sony Bravia?

Sent from my Pixel 2

Reactions: Dub510

Dub510

Mar 1, 2019
Did you try spoofing the location.or app . What model is your Sony Bravia?

Sent from my Pixel 2

I did not spoof the location.

I am running a Bravia XBR-55X800E with Android 8.0.0 . I should mention, I'm installing the APK's directly onto the Sony TV and not through a external device.

However, I'm about to just pick up a Firestick and call it a day (likely an easier option overall). I wanted to checkin with my results as they didn't seem to work with recent releases directly on to Android 8 installed onto Sony TV. Some installations with location issues regardless of enablement (no spoofing however) and others with crashing/restarting in a loop.

I moved to the older beta version which gets me in and able to watch live TV.

Flo655

Jan 4, 2019
Yes I have the same problem regarding the resolution

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

I had a look through the nbc sports app decompiled and I can confirm they're enforcing a max bitrate value in a file called "VideoABRConfig.smali". I do not have the knowledge to either write smali code or debug live to see how exactly is it used though.

troyhough

Jul 21, 2008
I did not spoof the location.

I am running a Bravia XBR-55X800E with Android 8.0.0 . I should mention, I'm installing the APK's directly onto the Sony TV and not through a external device.

However, I'm about to just pick up a Firestick and call it a day (likely an easier option overall). I wanted to checkin with my results as they didn't seem to work with recent releases directly on to Android 8 installed onto Sony TV. Some installations with location issues regardless of enablement (no spoofing however) and others with crashing/restarting in a loop.

I moved to the older beta version which gets me in and able to watch live TV.

My buddy has a Sony XBR. I installed DTVNow on it a couple weeks back. Would not work UNTIL i installed a gps spoof app. I selected his actual location so wasn't really spoofing anything, probably just giving the Tv/app an accurate location.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps

Dub510

Mar 1, 2019
My buddy has a Sony XBR. I installed DTVNow on it a couple weeks back. Would not work UNTIL i installed a gps spoof app. I selected his actual location so wasn't really spoofing anything, probably just giving the Tv/app an accurate location.

Appreciate the reply, I'll give this a roll in a few and let you know the outcome! :good:

jdown077

Dec 27, 2018
Do either of the latest files have the HBR mod where upon first loading a channel (initial bitrate) it loads the max value instead of a lower bitrate, then adjusting to higher after a few seconds? I know this change was made in one of the earlier versions of the HBR mod, but it seems as if the file I am using now loads channels at a lower bitrate (blurry video) before adjusting to HBR after 5-10 seconds.

Dub510

Mar 1, 2019
You will have to enable gps spoof in developer settings, just an fyi.

Thanks for the heads up, I downloaded (gps spoof) and set it up using with "DirecTVNow_2.0.16.01143_amazon.apk". I was able to get past my past challenges, super helpful!

Also for noteworthy, the other versions (modified/hbr) all would open and crash. It is only the amazon version which seem to open and stay open.

Thank you all again for the help and suggestions.

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Do either of the latest files have the HBR mod where upon first loading a channel (initial bitrate) it loads the max value instead of a lower bitrate, then adjusting to higher after a few seconds? I know this change was made in one of the earlier versions of the HBR mod, but it seems as if the file I am using now loads channels at a lower bitrate (blurry video) before adjusting to HBR after 5-10 seconds.
Yeah the initial request bitrate on start has been set to 20mill for some time now. Along with all the other bitrates.

So it shouldn't buffer at the lower rate , not sure if dtv now changed some other stuff

Sent from my Pixel 2

shoman94

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
I'm having a few issues with DVR'd content. I'll fast forward and end up with a black screen and have to back out to the DVR again and restart it.

remark900

Jun 5, 2008
Yeah the initial request bitrate on start has been set to 20mill for some time now. Along with all the other bitrates.

So it shouldn't buffer at the lower rate , not sure if dtv now changed some other stuff

Sent from my Pixel 2

DTV must have changed something because I have been using the latest version of the HBR modded app for a few weeks and just within the past day or 2 the initial buffering has returned :confused:

Reactions: jdown077

troyhough

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, I downloaded (gps spoof) and set it up using with "DirecTVNow_2.0.16.01143_amazon.apk". I was able to get past my past challenges, super helpful!

Also for noteworthy, the other versions (modified/hbr) all would open and crash. It is only the amazon version which seem to open and stay open.

Thank you all again for the help and suggestions.

Do you have Amazon store installed? If so, uninstall it and try.

shoman94

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
Why is it that ad removal works on some networks and not others? Anyone know?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT INFO

The DTV Stream FireTV apk files no longer work on the Shield TV and various Android/Google TV devices.

You will need to sideload the latest mobile apk file and install the icon apk from my mediafire link

*** For future updates makes sure you just download the latest version from apkmirror ARM64-v8a if you have a Shield TV or ARM-v7a release if you have another Google/Android TV Device . ***

Mobile APK ARM64-v8a​

Mobile APK ARM-v7a​

Icon APK

***For Android TV devices to install icon press + on home screen and add Direct TV Stream.

On Google TV devices icon while automatically show up on home screen once APK file is installed***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.17.35261
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
    I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Working on the updates now, will update and reply to posts in a bit
    Lasted version: DirecTV Stream 4.0.40.37933

Downloader Code: 954562

URL: https://aftv.news/954562

Lastest version and has DireTV Stream Logo and not AT&T TV Logo that will show up on Android TV and Google TV devices.Apk was pulled from my Fire Stick added correct logo (DirecTV Stream) and no need for launcher apk.If you have my lasted version just install over that version.

Tested on Google TV,ONN Box and ShieldTV
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info