The Ultimate AT&T TV and FIRE TV APK Repository ( DTV No Longer Updated )

Which DTV NOW app do you use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
If you try it or switch, let us know what you think of the video quality between it and HBR ATT :D
My mom has it on her account, so I may add my other email to her family and test it out when I get back from my anniversary trip in a few weeks. Or I could ask Achilles to addecto his family temporarily heehee
Soo I added myself to my mom's Family and did some general testing, I love the fact that they have stats for nerds (some channels are only 720p), sofar I can't find any 5.1 audio via the Android TV version or the WebOS version but the WebOS Version does trigger the Dolby logo on my receiver indicating that the TV is pushing Dolby but only 2.0, unfortunately on the Android TV side the Audio is PCM 2.0, which is pretty common if the audio is AAC , I experience this on Plex withy movie Collection which is in AAC.

On the video side, seems like compression is more with less Bitrate compared to high Bitrate on AT&T TV HBR, 4K might be a way to counter act this as the video scaling seems to be horrible on the android side, but best I can say is YouTube TV's Quality = YouTube Quality but with Protection in the Stream.

Also side note: Data usage seems to be lower on on YouTube TV which less me to believe it's the compression.

Though I'm tech Savvy I'm not a Professional so by all means, if there are those who are better and have the proper tools etc please feel free to correct anything that I have stated.

troyhough

Jul 21, 2008
PositivePerfectLarva-size_restricted.gif

RIP AT&T TV

Reactions: My Fault

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston

Alexzz123

Jul 4, 2019
I don't know if this is the place, but I am having difficulty launching the apk on my Samsung Galaxy View (loaded with Lineage OS). The problem is that it switches between tv mode and mobile mode based off the screen size (Launches in TV mode but when I place the app into split view, it launches the mobile version). Is there anyway, I can modify the apk so that it launches in mobile mode and ignores TV mode?

muncrief

Jan 7, 2015
Started getting the "You must update to continue..." message on V4.07 on my Nvidia Shield this morning. Is there a newer version available to install? Regards, Kirk
Aaarrrg, me as well. Thank goodness the hard working devs at XDA usually update things quickly.

And here's hoping the new DirecTV Stream has an official Android TV app. AT&T really made a mess of things, but I'm grandfathered in and have a fantastic streaming deal that's not available at any price from anyone any longer.

muncrief

Jan 7, 2015
AchillesR32 will address it this evening when he gets home from work :)
That's greatly appreciated.

I always thought I could just sideload the Amazon Store and AT&T TV apk from my Fire TV Stick 4K, but after doing that I see there are other necessary modifications. Specifically it only works in stereo PCM, the video quality isn't as good, and the icon sizing is incorrect so it appears zoomed in.

By the way, I'm a retired embedded systems designer (hardware, firmware, and software) and I'd be happy to help keep this apk up to date if someone can't point me to some kind of directions. I'm not an Android developer (it was after my time, we used hex, assembler, and then C and C++; and Verilog and VHDL for hardware after hand drawn schematics were abandoned) but I've dabbled with Android Studio and other Java stuff so I'm sure I could follow an outline of the overall tools and process, with specifics on what needs to be modified in this apk.

I'd be happy to help with other apks as well, but I use this one so it would give me a lot of motivation to get up to speed ASAP.

Reactions: IcerJo

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
That's greatly appreciated.

I always thought I could just sideload the Amazon Store and AT&T TV apk from my Fire TV Stick 4K, but after doing that I see there are other necessary modifications. Specifically it only works in stereo PCM, the video quality isn't as good, and the icon sizing is incorrect so it appears zoomed in.

By the way, I'm a retired embedded systems designer (hardware, firmware, and software) and I'd be happy to help keep this apk up to date if someone can't point me to some kind of directions. I'm not an Android developer (it was after my time, we used hex, assembler, and then C and C++; and Verilog and VHDL for hardware after hand drawn schematics were abandoned) but I've dabbled with Android Studio and other Java stuff so I'm sure I could follow an outline of the overall tools and process, with specifics on what needs to be modified in this apk.

I'd be happy to help with other apks as well, but I use this one so it would give me a lot of motivation to get up to speed ASAP.
You would have to check with @AchilesR32 about that, I'm just the best friend who uses and tests out the software 😁 when new changes occur.

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
I found one posted in XDA forum, it works on both of my shields but one of them only launches from side loader.
I can't vouch for others, but I know of at least 1 other person who used to do it and knows the full process. I personally I know AchillesR32 and have become good friends with him from the get go, back when the app was called Direct TV Now and still relatively new :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the most extensive AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now) and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few years I have gathered various AT&T/DirecTV Now apks and other Fire TV apks.
    My plan is to continue uploading the latest AT&T TV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.
    Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT INFO

The DTV Stream FireTV apk files no longer work on the Shield TV and various Android/Google TV devices.

You will need to sideload the latest mobile apk file and install the icon apk from my mediafire link

*** For future updates makes sure you just download the latest version from apkmirror ARM64-v8a if you have a Shield TV or ARM-v7a release if you have another Google/Android TV Device . ***

Mobile APK ARM64-v8a​

Mobile APK ARM-v7a​

Icon APK

***For Android TV devices to install icon press + on home screen and add Direct TV Stream.

On Google TV devices icon while automatically show up on home screen once APK file is installed***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T TV and WATCH TV RELEASE NOTES:

What's new in version 4.0.17.35261
    •Performance improvements and bug fixes
    •User Interface & Playback enhancements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
    I have decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.

*** Icon fix applied to HBR and Modified versions of app, untouched apps have zoomed icon. ***

Original Amazon APKs
    : Apk file pulled from fire stick 4K , untouched.

Modified APKs : Amazon app store verification removed.

HBR (high bitrate video/audio ) : Higher Video and Audio bit rates resulting in the best possible quality.
    Working on the updates now, will update and reply to posts in a bit
    Lasted version: DirecTV Stream 4.0.40.37933

Downloader Code: 954562

URL: https://aftv.news/954562

Lastest version and has DireTV Stream Logo and not AT&T TV Logo that will show up on Android TV and Google TV devices.Apk was pulled from my Fire Stick added correct logo (DirecTV Stream) and no need for launcher apk.If you have my lasted version just install over that version.

Tested on Google TV,ONN Box and ShieldTV
    Update !!

@ACHILLES R32
    Released Today
    Version: 2.0.15.02146

New Release is available, see FAQ if you have questions. I also included a poll on the first post . Trying to see which versions users use most , thank you for participating in the poll.

DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
    What's new in version 2.0.15.02146
    · Performance improvements and bug fixes

Click Here to Download APKs

IMPORTANT: Enable both storage and location permissions, also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location.
    Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required

If you want to donate please see the donate button under my avatar . Thank You !

I also updated the AT&T Watch TV App new version is 2.0.15.02146 seems like the DTV Now and ATT Watch TV build numbers are the same now.

See the above link for download info