• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
q3n75.png

Since we got update threads scattered everywhere, I figured I'd organized things into one thread, as well as give away some new updates.

Retail EU:

Retail GB:

Orange GB:

O2 DE:

Vodafone FR:

Brasil BR:

AmericaMovil MX:

If you have an OTA update.zip please PM it to me or contact me on google talk ([email protected]) and I will quick add it to this thread, with safe hosting, credits to The Firmware Team's Pzyduck for providing safe-haven for these types of files.

Instructions for pulling an OTA update.zip:
  • Do NOT install the update! Do these first!
  • Be rooted. We got plenty of methods. Motofail2go for ICS, and my RAZRiRoot.zip for turl1's Clockworkmod.
  • Download the Root Explorer app, or the ES File Manager app. (Instructions are for Root Explorer.)
  • Open Root Explorer and go to the ~/cache/ directory, which resides on the root directory of the phone '~/'
  • Hit the 'Mount R/W' in the corner, if successful will then say 'Mount R/O'
  • Copy the update file .zip from the ~/cache/ to your sdcard, external to be safe. External is in ~/mnt/external1/ and Internal is ~/sdcard/.
  • Copy over the update file .zip from the sdcard(s) you chose to your computer and upload it.
  • You will want to use Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper before updating if you have a locked bootloader, you can find my thread on a RAZR i compatible version here.
  • Send me or post a link here to the update and exactly what System Version you were on, and where the update takes you to.
  • The community will thank you for your help! :)

Enjoy. Remember to do your part to the community and contribute all updates!

Last edited:

bighleo114312

Dec 1, 2012
zacatecas
OnePlus 7 Pro
You cannot install any of these on different carriers without use of fastboots and unlocked bootloader.

These updates will ONLY work from PointA-PointB.

mattlgroff, im in 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU - 4.0.4. and in software update i get notification of an ota. i down loaded that file when ask if i want to install it i select yes. but when in recovery it always fails. why, isnt that the official? because after that i tried flashing it in recovery but it fails too.
before alll this i was already on 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU - 4.0.4. coming from 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU. but i wanted to downgrade back to 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU. and my phone died. thanks to hsd pilot my phone came back to life he sended me a file http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1528201&d=1354399653. but now im stuck in what i told you at the begining. why?? what can i do to go back to 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU. i know this is not the thread sorry but i was watching your new otas. and i cant install the one for my version.

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Are you rooted? If yes and you used the Root with insecured Kernel, then you probably have the wrong Boot.img on your Phone. Grap the Boot_signed out of the 31006 Fastboot File and flash it through fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot_signed

Sent from my XT890

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Are you rooted? If yes and you used the Root with insecured Kernel, then you probably have the wrong Boot.img on your Phone. Grap the Boot_signed out of the 31006 Fastboot File and flash it through fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot_signed

Sent from my XT890

As HDS-Pilot says.

The error message from side-loading will tell us exactly the problem.

Reactions: bighleo114312

bighleo114312

Dec 1, 2012
zacatecas
OnePlus 7 Pro
As HDS-Pilot says.

The error message from side-loading will tell us exactly the problem.[/QUOTE
thank you guys!!! that was the problem and another one was that i erase alot of apk.s that i dont use so at time of flashing i saw it said something about an apk. missing so i fastbooted again and flash boot.img and here i am with the 40002.rt.eu. and now waiting for jellybean

Calzzetta

Aug 9, 2011
I have version 871.110.12008.XT890.Brasil.en.BR installed from sbf.droid-developers
My Razr i bootloader is unlooked and rooted. When i try to install the update with the android button (in about system) i recive error message after reboot. How can i install this update manually with fastboot console?

Thanks!

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
First, use an Root Explorer and copy your downloaded Update Zip out of the Cache Folder and leak it ;)

Edit : Ok, it's in the OP already. Sorry, it's 1am in Germany :sly:

Your RazR i is rooted, how did you root it? If you used the Unlocked Root (insecure Kernel), than grap the boot signed out of the sbf you flashed and use fastboot to install it

fastboot flash boot boot_signed.

After that it should work. If not, you maybe deleted some System Apps. If that's the case, flash the system_signed.

Sent from my XT890

josmel91

Nov 24, 2012
Hi all, if I have link2sd linked applications. if I do what he says here respectively, applications may be lost or will stay intact?

I have this doubt, I would not lose my apps linked by link2sd when updating

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hello matt,

Could you pull the latest homescreen & circle widget combo from the latest ota of XT890. I noticed that the occasional lag on on the launcher has been fixed with new version. I want to install it on my droid razr to get a fresh taste. :)

After getting a DMCA Takedown Request from posting those before from the MB886 I'm afraid I can't help you there.

jenova941

Apr 18, 2011
The 81.5.31002-81.5.39001.Retail.en.GB OTA update did something to my RAZR i's GSM radio, and now it can't recognize any SIM that I put in it ('No service'). :\ It used to work perfectly on 81.5.31002 prior to the update. Can anyone help me out? :(

I have tried reflashing the original 81.5.31002 stock firmware, the 81.5.39001 firmware as well as the latest EU firmwares using RSD Lite, didn't help at all. The GSM radio still seems to be out. I have also tried setting the network type to GSM in the *#*#4636#*#*-triggered menu and rebooting the phone, but even that doesn't help.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
The 81.5.31002-81.5.39001.Retail.en.GB OTA update did something to my RAZR i's GSM radio, and now it can't recognize any SIM that I put in it ('No service'). :\ It used to work perfectly on 81.5.31002 prior to the update. Can anyone help me out? :(

I have tried reflashing the original 81.5.31002 stock firmware, the 81.5.39001 firmware as well as the latest EU firmwares using RSD Lite, didn't help at all. The GSM radio still seems to be out. I have also tried setting the network type to GSM in the *#*#4636#*#*-triggered menu and rebooting the phone, but even that doesn't help.

Use my home-made fastboot to go back to 81.5.31002.
Install the OTA again up to 81.5.39001.

See if that works

Reactions: jenova941

Top Liked Posts