• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The Verge slams the Moto 360 in an article about the Apple Watch

Search This thread

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Anyone who reads the Verge should know that they are Apple fanboysto the death. They are always praising Apple products and will bash companies that Samsung because they give Apple direct competition (nd now the Motot 360). It's funny how they were hyping up the Iwatch to have the same round shape as the moto 360, but now that it doesn't, they want to do damage control for Apple by knocking Motorola because they know that people prefer the round look of the 360 smartwatch.. They are fanboys to the fullest, and the only site that is probably worse is BGR, also known as I-BGR. Those mutha f** there would pay to drink piss from the cup of Jobs!
This x10000

My question is.. Who are they getting paid by. Why do they love the apple product so much? What shareholder owns the most amount of stock, for companies like 'The verge' and what other stock do they own.

This all should be a matter of public record.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRCANNADY

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
This x10000

My question is.. Who are they getting paid by. Why do they love the apple product so much? What shareholder owns the most amount of stock, for companies like 'The verge' and what other stock do they own.

This all should be a matter of public record.

Some of these guys actually do own stock in Apple, or they get perks/etc for promoting a certain brand, so they use their websites as a hype machine to try and convince people to buy one brand over another. For instance, I notice when an Android phone receives great ratings, BGR would tell people that they should not buy that current device, but wait for the newer model to come out when it drops, because it'll be better (no DUH by the way). Yet, they NEVER tell people to hold off on buying Apple products, never!

They have been hyping the Iphone and how great the Iwatch would look, with fake renders and everything. Also stating how Android owners would jump ship to Apple once the Iphone launches just because the ONLY reason why people choose android phones were due to the screen size difference. The owner of BGR, Jonathan Geller, is a known apple fanboy, and he and his crew do their best to hype up anything related to Apple.

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey
Anyone who reads the Verge should know that they are Apple fanboys to the death. They are always praising Apple products and will bash companies that Samsung because they give Apple direct competition (nd now the Motot 360). It's funny how they were hyping up the Iwatch to have the same round shape as the moto 360, but now that it doesn't, they want to do damage control for Apple by knocking Motorola because they know that people prefer the round look of the 360 smartwatch.. They are fanboys to the fullest, and the only site that is probably worse is BGR, also known as I-BGR. Those mutha f** there would pay to drink piss from the cup of Jobs!

You mean the same verge that praised the new moto X as the best android phone ever. Those biased guys. You are all so blinded

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey
Right. I think you should read that post you just quoted. Then fact-check for yourself.

What does reading that post that I quoted have anything to do with what I said being inaccurate. Your premise is that the verge is apple fanboys. Yet they claimed the moto X 2014 is the best android phone ever and the review was glowing. Which in turn disproves the apple fanboy

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
EDIT: Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/7/5477768/gabor-balogh-circular-smartwatch-concept

"The watch that Apple or Google need to make.."

A CIRCULAR SMARTWATCH!

End of discussion. Now I know why you've already been ignored one time in this thread

You're wasting your time my friend, apple defenders usually never admit to bias when that bias benefits Apple.

All apple fanboys wanted the circular watch from Apple, they all talked about how great it would look, how it was going to look better than the moto watch... but now that Apple's watch is square, they will convince themselves that he square look is better and that the moto is ugly in comparison. And they wonder why we call them Isheep..they only like what Apple tells them too.

Last edited:

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey
You're wasting your time my friend, apple defenders usually never admit to bias when that bias benefits Apple.

All apple fanboys wanted the circular watch from Apple, they all talked about how great it would look, how it was going to look better than the moto watch... but now that Apple's watch is square, they will convince themselves that he square look is better and that the moto is ugly in comparison. And they wonder why we call them Isheep..they only like what Apple tells them too.

I'm not an apple defender just because I like one of apples products better than one android product. That's the problem with this place. If you like anything to do with apple your automatically a fanboy or apple defender

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

EDIT: Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/7/5477768/gabor-balogh-circular-smartwatch-concept

"The watch that Apple or Google need to make.."

A CIRCULAR SMARTWATCH!

End of discussion. Now I know why you've already been ignored one time in this thread

Meanwhile your using a verge article to contradict another verge article which slams the 360 for being crap yet its round. So yea...

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
You are insane. You come to an android forum and not expect us to do due diligence to prove that you are or aren't telling the truth? I just posted two very telling articles that says you are fos.

Now, this is the difference between iSheeple and Android owners, we really know the difference between fact and fiction and have proof.

The apple guys just want to proselytize everything that comes from Tim Cook's mouth

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey
OK I am not an apple guy I have been a member here for a long long time and have had a ton of android phones from the G1 forward. Also I'm not the one who posted a contradictory article from the SAME people who wrote the disparaging article about the Moto 360! Finally I have never said that the apple watch is better or whatever the hell "created "facts you think exist. People like what people like man! just because some on here like the apple watch better its fine and its SUBJECTIVE. They're are millions of people who like apple phones they aren't wrong! Its what they like. So if anyone is insane its YOU. the like what I like or your a loser mentality is you lot. I have multiple devices with multiple OS and I like different things of them all unlike you. You calk people isheep yet your an android drone. If it isn't android its not for you. So please get real with your self before you run your mouth spouting more speculative stupidity

Last edited:

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Troglodytes? Do you even know the meaning of that word without looking it up?

Name calling isn't even close to following guidelines of this forum. But, whatever. I'm not going to report it. Fact is, it is just like an apple fanboi to lash out because he's been proven wrong. Welcome to my ignore list.

You are making all kinds of friends here! Maybe you should try an apple forum.

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey
Troglodytes? Do you even know the meaning of that word without looking it up?

Name calling isn't even close to following guidelines of this forum. But, whatever. I'm not going to report it. Fact is, it is just like an apple fanboi to lash out because he's been proven wrong. Welcome to my ignore list.

You are making all kinds of friends here! Maybe you should try an apple forum.

yes I know the meaning and i'm done arguing like I said. does it really freaking matter which watch is better no, and honestly after all this back and forth what I really realized is that i don't even know if I will get a watch, they don't seem ready for primetime yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow... I just.. Wow...

Here's the first paragraph:

The Moto 360 is too aggressive. It's too big. It's too shiny. Its face is too large in comparison to its bezel. Its strap flops out from the edge of its case like a dog's tongue on a hot day. That's my opinion. Many will disagree with me, but I don't care. I will never wear a Moto 360. I might wear an Apple Watch, though. I expect millions of others might too.

Too big, too shiny, not enough bezel, and what was that last one? Strap flop?

If the Apple Watch was a turd, he'd say the Moto 360 "smells too nice".

It's like Apple is to The Verge what Kim Jung Un is to the North Korean media. Jesus christ..
    Lol that's funny because of how much the verge has already said how nice looking the Moto 360 is... For months now...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/25/5843028/up-close-with-the-moto-360-the-best-looking-smartwatch-yet

This one calls it the "Jon Hamm of smart watches":
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/5/6108947/moto-360-review

Make up your mind, Verge editors!
    The fact that you don't like the look of it doesn't mean it's poor hardware. What do you want to bet this pup isn't substantially more capable than any current smart watch?

No, the fact that it has a terrible user interface means it's poor hardware. Ever tried winding a watch or adjusting the time with the crown, without first loosening the strap? There's a reason digital watches moved away from rotating crowns, and it's because they're a terrible control method. Apple has based its design around that control.

I do find it amusing that you are raving about it without ever having seen anything except one very carefully-crafted presentation from the most biased source possible, however, and you aren't applying even one iota of critical thought to what you've seen.

Unless you are sporting a Timex or Casio on your wrist, you should know most folks sport a number of watches in their wardrobe; sport, casual, and dress. Apple has addressed this scenario, albeit maybe out of your price point, but addressed it nevertheless. Their straps and bracelets are beautiful, and while maybe that fact is lost on you, sit back and watch how much money they rake in because of it.

Actually, most folks don't sport a watch at all. Out of those few I know of personally who do still sport a watch, they sport precisely one watch. They might own a couple (I own three or four myself), but they only ever wear one.

I don't doubt they'll rake in money from iSheep who have more money than sense. That doesn't make it a good design.
    Wow... I just.. Wow...

Here's the first paragraph:

Too big, too shiny, not enough bezel, and what was that last one? Strap flop?

If the Apple Watch was a turd, he'd say the Moto 360 "smells too nice".

It's like Apple is to The Verge what Kim Jung Un is to the North Korean media. Jesus christ..

I think the author's the one with the tongue wagging out. See that a lot with iSheep.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For me, the most unattractive aspect of the moto 360 is the strap arrangement. I loved the original teased photo of the 360 with the large link black metal band. That's not what we got. Even the metal bands that are coming have no resemblance to that band.

When on your wrist, the cavity the strap exits from shows about an eighth of an inch of... umm... er... well, slop. It reveals the case is not solid, and really looks like an afterthought. In contrast, Apple's band design is brilliant. Whatever you may hate about the Apple watch, you gotta give it to 'em in this regard.

Bravo! I know this is a majority android loving site but why can't people be objective like you. I have been an android guy for a long time and I have to admit the same. The apple watch looks much nicer and higher end.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Not at all mate, the iWatch looks like a toy.

Honestly that's crap, if the apple watch looks like a toy what do the Samsung and lg watches look like ?