• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The XPERIA X2 (Vulcan) Software Library

Search This thread

Soul72

Jan 26, 2009
Treviso
I use Spikegotti's UnOff V11 or V12 - don't remember exactly which one. It seems (as expected) that not all the X2 software runs flawlessly - for instance, I have problems with Myriad Java - JBenchmark Pro quits automatically when I try to run any test.

Currently I have the CommManager, TaskManager, X2 drivers and Myriad Java. I'm very satisfied with the TaskManager and the X2 drivers. CommManager is cool although a bit slow on startup. Myriad Java is fast, but not polished in my opinion.

Yes but as far as I know it is a wm 6.5. Instead when i installed the panel manager from X2 the task manager worked perfectly.

Anyway no prob, the rest is very good, just sometimes the X2 dialers do not show all the calls :confused:

ddutchie

Dec 16, 2008
Cape Town
i have noticed this too. on the cab dialer on the r3 6.1 rom.

i think its how u originally saved the pic to the contact. the contact that i saved a pic to from the standard contacts comes up small but when i saved a pic through spb shell (file, camera or facebook pic) comes fall screen. im guessing that when u save a pic to the normal contacts it makes a small thumbnail and spb saves a bigger thumbnail to the contact (once the pic is added using spb shell it is saves to normal contact file so if u remove the shell the pics are still on the contacts. also if u have already saves pics to contacts then add the spb shell, the pics are small till u change them using the "change contact pic" option in the shell).

Thanks Ganodolf, that makes perfect sense as i was using spb on that rom, now if only x2 dialer had facebook integrated.

You rock

gtrab thanks for those new panels, keep em coming ;)

Peace love

ddutchie

Dec 16, 2008
Cape Town
Okay so I managed to get all my contacts back to full screen caller ID in the Xperia2 Dialer, but it looks like any manilla favourite contacts have reverted back to small thumbnails even after selecting BIG photos in xperia2 dialer.

HTC and Sony should not have ever teamed up, or at least htc should have finished the xperia1 interface as well.

Oh well, cant wait for htc-hero or tp2, maybe an iphone, feels like i'm wasting my life flashing my phone.

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
for your testing pleasures... just when you thought this thread was getting bored...

NEW XPERIA X2 (Vulcan) PANELS
ALL ORIGINAL CAB installers downloaded from the "official" Sony Ericsson X2 dowloads page I found exploring the phone

X2 CNN panel (new format !! :eek:)
X2 Facebook panel (R31)
X2 Growing Panel
X2 Pixel City Day panel
X2 Pixel City Night panel
X2 Tracker panel (this one's COOL :cool:)
X2 YouTube panel (yes: a NATIVE YouTube PANEL from SONY !!)
X2 3D fish panel (not working ??)

Please test and report

more panels @ next post

WOW Thanks! The cabs you posted all work beautifully except for the tracker panel :(, in the middle of the installation i get a popup saying "failed to install program" and after a few more seconds the installation is reported to have been unsuccessful. I am currently running jerpelea's X2 ROM beta 9d.

EDIT: i read this a few pages back:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5001955&postcount=221

is it related?

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
Tilewave panel messaging

Does anybody know why my tilewave panel does not bring up the wm messaging app? When I click on the corresponding symbol it zooms in and out again without bringing messaging up. Im on wm 6.1 R3A Switzerland (Xperia X1).

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
Does anybody know why my tilewave panel does not bring up the wm messaging app? When I click on the corresponding symbol it zooms in and out again without bringing messaging up. Im on wm 6.1 R3A Switzerland (Xperia X1).
I could solve this myself. There where still some registry entries I had forgotten to adapt. Found them by searching the registry. But now I have another question: I realised that besides the panelmanager.exe there are constantly 6 instances of panelprocess.exe running. One that consumes a relatively big amount of ram for the panel currently in use and 5 others of exactly the same size (approx. 65536 bytes). Whats this? Does anybody know if this is the usual behaivour of the X2 Panel Manager or is there something wrong?

£thereal

Nov 19, 2008
some bug and problems ;)

don't know what could be the problem maybe it is the proirity of installing programs or the programs that i use but i know for sure after 6-10 days these program all togather get a little bit laggy , i haven't seen any problem with keyboard ecxept it just disapears after a restart u need to select it again , the dialer seems fine but sometimes it makes the phone goes nuts the calls are lagged for 2-4 sec (no biggy its still cool) and also landscape mode won't work.panel manager works perfect the is no problem withit
tilewave is allright most of the times but when you update the weather it needs a softreset so it can work as fluent as before , for youtube panel you should have the original application downloaded from youtube mobile to run it and its pretty cool, video drive works perfect it makes some applications go faster than before(i don't know but it may cause some conflicts) , amazing thing is when i use the phone lock with these softwares its good for a week or so but after that the lock screen that sould come before loading windowsmobile appears for a sec and then it won't show up and some applications works (the ones on the screen , you can't access to top bar none of the softkeys work x or ok ,or lock ,call ,and end) so basicly you are stuck and need to hardreset your device , i assume the problem is with pocket player cause all of these problems rise after installing this software and tilewave won't work with this software as well

so i find the problem its with the video drive , as soon as you install it the lock screen won't come up notice if you want to have it you shouldn't assing a key to righ softkey so you can cancel the first error ;)

to run the pixel city and other flash panels also use SE FRAMEWORKS the laset version for x2 everything will run smoth

Last edited: