The Z Fold 2 Case Thread

Search This thread
Ok it's been awhile since I bought a case for the ZF2. I got the AI Autofocus with the kickstand from Ebay and it was delivered today. Delivery from China was 12 days from order date.

It is slightly wider than the original to provide more protection. The added thickness does make it a little harder to use the fingerprint scanner when folded but it still works. There is a cut out on the top half to use the edge screen slider. It is in the middle of the front screen. You need to go to settings, adjust the slider to the cutout location and it works flawlessly. The top half is a little taller than the original but I have no problems typing on the edge side keys of the keyboard with the added height. The bottom half is the same as the original with the addition of the kickstand.

The kickstand is metal and rotates 360 degrees. When folded in landscape mode it supports the ZF2 nicely. The problem is when you unfold the ZF2 and use the kickstand it is a little unstable. As long as you tap on the bottom half it's stable. If you tap on the upper half it is easy to topple over. I believe this is due to the the part of the kickstand that contacts the surface is small. The reason for the instability is that the open kickstand is not centered to the back of the phone. It is off by a 1/4" and that 1/4" is enough to make it unstable when you tap the top half. Dont try to use the kickstand in the vertical position either folded or unfolded because it is very unstable and likely to close back into the case.

Wireless charging works well and I think it is more stable on the charger than the Aramid case since the kickstand area itself is wider.

I'll try it out to see how it works but likely keep it for the edge cutout but might go back to the Aramid kickstand.

20201203_192022.jpg20201203_192108.jpg20201203_192146.jpg20201203_192206.jpg

I ordered the YTF carbon fiber case from Ali and am impressed with it. Back fits snug, and the front is the best that I have got so far. I have a Spigen Slim Armor Pro on the way but may hold off on using as I really like this carbon fiber case.

I hated the YTC case. I had it on the device for all of 10 minutes before removing it.

The right-hand side of the front cover didn't sit flush with the device, so my finger kept catching on the inside edge. The gap was large enough that it would have attracted dust and other debris, possibly leading to abrasion.

Being so thin, there was also a huge amount of flex in the cover when opening the device. I could pull it quite a distance away from the casing. I did like that it didn't impair any gestures, including the Edge Panel handle, but the front felt like a stencil that had been cut from paper. That's how flimsy it was.

I'm currently waiting for the new Samsung flip cover to be delivered from Germany. It should be here early next week.

My custom Noreve case is also finally en route from France after a manufacturing delay of a month, but if the flip cover works out, it will no longer be needed.

Ok it's been awhile since I bought a case for the ZF2. I got the AI Autofocus with the kickstand from Ebay and it was delivered today. Delivery from China was 12 days from order date.

It is slightly wider than the original to provide more protection. The added thickness does make it a little harder to use the fingerprint scanner when folded but it still works. There is a cut out on the top half to use the edge screen slider. It is in the middle of the front screen. You need to go to settings, adjust the slider to the cutout location and it works flawlessly. The top half is a little taller than the original but I have no problems typing on the edge side keys of the keyboard with the added height. The bottom half is the same as the original with the addition of the kickstand.

The kickstand is metal and rotates 360 degrees. When folded in landscape mode it supports the ZF2 nicely. The problem is when you unfold the ZF2 and use the kickstand it is a little unstable. As long as you tap on the bottom half it's stable. If you tap on the upper half it is easy to topple over. I believe this is due to the the part of the kickstand that contacts the surface is small. The reason for the instability is that the open kickstand is not centered to the back of the phone. It is off by a 1/4" and that 1/4" is enough to make it unstable when you tap the top half. Dont try to use the kickstand in the vertical position either folded or unfolded because it is very unstable and likely to close back into the case.

Wireless charging works well and I think it is more stable on the charger than the Aramid case since the kickstand area itself is wider.

I'll try it out to see how it works but likely keep it for the edge cutout but might go back to the Aramid kickstand.

View attachment 5147043View attachment 5147045View attachment 5147047View attachment 5147049

That's a good looking case. Though I don't think I could get used to the edge panel on the right. I hold my phone in my left so I've always set up my edge panels on the lower left side. Have since the S8. Luckily the edge panel works fine with the Ringke Slim.

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
I ordered a case from Noreve almost 2 months ago. Still hasn't shipped. I keep getting a blanket reply that they are working on it. Has anyone actually received a Noreve case?

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
I hated the YTC case. I had it on the device for all of 10 minutes before removing it.

The right-hand side of the front cover didn't sit flush with the device, so my finger kept catching on the inside edge. The gap was large enough that it would have attracted dust and other debris, possibly leading to abrasion.

Being so thin, there was also a huge amount of flex in the cover when opening the device. I could pull it quite a distance away from the casing. I did like that it didn't impair any gestures, including the Edge Panel handle, but the front felt like a stencil that had been cut from paper. That's how flimsy it was.

I'm currently waiting for the new Samsung flip cover to be delivered from Germany. It should be here early next week.

My custom Noreve case is also finally en route from France after a manufacturing delay of a month, but if the flip cover works out, it will no longer be needed.
How did you order the Samsung Flip Cover case? I would love to buy one in USA.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 16, 2017

Wow, mine has none of those problems, fits more snug than any other case I have had and doesn't flex at all, but maybe we handle it 2 different ways, not sure. I know the one problem I had with the Ringke Matte Clear was the front side by the buttons was loose and it got on my nerves, but this YTF case is good there.

How did you order the Samsung Flip Cover case? I would love to buy one in USA.

It's not on sale in my country either, so I ordered it from a shop in Germany and had it sent to Mailboxde, who are a reasonably-priced German box-forwarding company. I originally used this company a year ago when I purchased my original Fold 5G, since at the time, the device was scheduled to go on sale in the Netherlands. So, I have had a very good experience with this company.

Anyway, they sent it on to me for a modest price last week and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I actually ordered 3 cases to get the per unit cost down. Even after the forwarding costs have been added, it's still a lot cheaper per piece than buying it from Samsung's German webshop. There, it's €88, whereas third-party shops are selling them for under €60.

Crazy, really, since that's cheaper than the original back-only leather cover goes for.

Samsung NL have said that the flip cover case will be on sale soon in this country, but they're taking their sweet time about it. Searching the Internet, I see it for sale only in South Korea, Germany and Switzerland at the moment.

Well, my Noreve case arrived today and it lasted all of 5 minutes on my device. In fact, the back half didn't even make it onto the phone. I disliked the front half so much that there was no point in even trying the back.

The front cover has the highest rim of any case I have seen thus far. It makes it impossible to place one's finger anywhere near the edge of the screen. It's totally impractical and a huge, expensive disappointment. This was a custom order and cost €144,50 after discount.

I want to return this case immediately for a full refund, but just came across the following verbiage on Noreve's site:

1607530043142.png

It remains to be seen whether or not they put up a fight about taking it back.

Elsewhere on their site, they have this:

1607530132025.png

which seems rather disingenuous in light of the small print above.

So, caveat emptor!

I'll update the thread when I hear from their customer service regarding their willingness to accept the case for a full refund.

Attachments

• 20201209_152620.jpg
    20201209_152620.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 20201209_152839.jpg
    20201209_152839.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 20201209_152653.jpg
    20201209_152653.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
Reactions: Mr. Orange 645
I bought the Samsung official leather case and aramid standing, I prefer using the aramid right now since it feels slimmer than the leather. Wish there's an outside screen protector. I have an unboxing video of my galaxy fold 2 with red hinge

Ooo... I want a blue hinge. But I bought second hand, so I just got the plain black one.

I love the leather case, though I ordered an Aramid case too. But I actually prefer how the leather give me a little more to hold onto when typing.

flipxjpn

Dec 11, 2020
Ooo... I want a blue hinge. But I bought second hand, so I just got the plain black one.

I love the leather case, though I ordered an Aramid case too. But I actually prefer how the leather give me a little more to hold onto when typing.
I am looking for a front case. I saw Ebay has it carbon fibre but not sure if its good. price around $70 cad.

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
Finally, I love it. I got notice that mine finally shipped. I got the quilted one in pebbled black leather. Glad you like yours. It's been a long wait.

Finally, I love it. I got notice that mine finally shipped. I got the quilted one in pebbled black leather. Glad you like yours. It's been a long wait.

Wait until your receive and try it before you cheer too loudly. It looks great, but works much well than it looks.

Noreve have even admitted now that there is a production issue with some units:

"We are indeed aware of these defects that we noticed on the very first production batch. Unfortunately, your cover must have been one of them."

I don't actually believe that this matters, though. I suspect that all cases of this model display the same issue to some degree, because it's inherent in the design that the case would impede the use of the front screen's edges. More recently manufactured units may mitigate the issue somewhat, but I don't believe it can have been eradicated.

After some badgering, I have finally got Noreve to agree to take mine back for a full refund, so I won't be waiting for the free replacement that they offered me. The defective case took a month longer to manufacture than the estimate I was given at the time of ordering, and was impractical to the point of being unusable on arrival, so Noreve have consumed all the patience I had for them at this point.

Even if the case had worked perfectly, I would still consider it overpriced. Mine was a custom unit, €145 after a 25% discount. As nice as it looks, that's way too much for what you get; which includes, as you can see from the photos above, some luxurious packaging that you will use precisely once to remove the case from.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new official Samsung flip cover finally arrived here today from Germany. It took a while, but I'm happy to report that it was worth the wait.

All of the cases I have tried on the Fold2 until now ill befitted the device in some way. Most worked poorly, hindering the use of the front screen along its edges, or worked only because they protected just the back of the device, leaving the front exposed. Those that functioned better on the front screen due to a low profile, such as the Spigen Thin Fit, felt cheap when juxtaposed with the Fold2's high production values. Others had a profile low enough not to hinder the use of the front screen, but this thinness resulted in negligible protection for the front of the device.

The official Samsung flip cover addresses most, but not all of these concerns. It provides a good level of protection for the back of the device, a moderate amount for the hinge, and a perfunctory amount for the front. The front will be protected from scratches while the device is in transit, but the protection provided during a fall would be close to non-existent. Crucially, though, it doesn't hinder the use of the front screen in any way. Being a flip cover, it is completely removed from the front screen when the cover is open; and when the device itself is unfolded, the cover protrudes a small amount from under the left side, but not enough to become an inconvenience to the user.

The flip cover is made of luxurious leather, somewhat grainier than the official Samsung leather back cover, and is very pleasing to the eye and touch.

As a bonus, the device can detect the presence of the front cover, so the phone's display turns on when the cover is opened, and off when the cover is closed.

This is without a doubt the best of the many covers I have tried on my Fold2. It enjoys the distinction of being the only one I have liked enough to consider an acceptable solution for my needs, and that comes as quite a relief after the amount of time, energy and money I have spent chasing inferior products. This was, in any case, to be the last cover I intended to try, having pretty much exhausted all of the alternatives now.

In conclusion, whilst the Samsung flip cover isn't perfect, I don't think any case for this device could be. The physics of the form simply don't lend themselves to a completely practical solution. For me, though, this is as good as it gets. I'm satisfied.
    Latercase came in today... I'm digging it plus my edge panels work with phone folded..

My leather flip cover case came yesterday. Until today I have been using Samsung Aramid case and some clear case from Amazon. I have ordered this flip cover through eBay from South Korea, since this case is not being sold in USA at this time. Don't know why, are you reading Samsung? Paid $105.00 including expedite shipping, it took 11 days to get here ( including holidays, so it maid been here even sooner if not for Christmas ) The material is very soft leather - if it is real leather, I would prefer little bit more grainy leather for better grip. But it will give you feel of very premium leather vallet or something like that. It stays pretty firm on the back of the phone. The front screen cover is not bad, but it doesn't lock into one position when closed, but it slightly moves, which makes turning the screen on / off . No big deal, but annoying clicks when transported in jeans front pocket. The leather is slightly curved so it fully covers the rounded edge of the front screen. Very important for me since I already have dropped the phone one week after I got it and cracked the front screen. I actually like , that the front of the case turns the phone "ON" and "OFF" just by opening the cover. What makes me very happy is that the charger cut out opening is big enough that it accepts my Ultra Fast Samsung 45 W charger cable, which is thicker than cable that came with the phone. ( has square thicker ends than regular cable) It supports wireless charging. The material inside the case is some kind of soft cloth, I do wonder how long it will last. The case adds to the already thick body of the phone, but unless you are carrying the phone in swim shorts, it shouldn't bother you. When you put it on the table, it looks very premium, almost luxurious. Some people may think that you put pretty fat vallet on the table... It doesn't look like a phone at all. The engraved Samsung logo on the back of the case looks good. Nice touch. Now the things I don't like: You can't stand the phone like with the Aramid case. Not that bad. You can't see any notifications. You cant just quickly glance at the screen to check the time. I wish Samsung came with some kind of case that has the side with clear plastic so you can display time and notifications on it, something like book cover case, that I use for my Note 20 plus. Its kind of awkward to hold the phone and taking the pictures in fully open position having the case on, but it surprisingly makes it easier to take pictures with rear camera using just front screen. ( not open ). I like that you can grab the phone with one hand and grab the case cover with the other hand. Reaching the volume and power buttons is quite easy, it's not any worse than with Aramid case. I think, but it may be just my personal feeling, that by using this case the volume and cleanliness of the phone calls is not as crisp as without the case at all. Over all, this is probably the best case Samsung could produce for semi full protection of the expensive phone. It works for me for now, in summer months I may switch back to Aramid case so it doesn't look awkward in my summer shorts pockets. If you want to order this case, search for model EF-FF916
    20201229_112305.jpg
    20201229_110328.jpg
    20201229_110518.jpg
    20201229_110855.jpg
    20201229_110906.jpg
    20201229_110918.jpg
    20201229_112105.jpg
    20201229_112122.jpg
    20201229_112133.jpg
    20201229_112143.jpg
    20201229_112153.jpg
    20201229_112202.jpg