[THEME][08/07/15] Official ViperOne Theme Thread [ViperDark / Icons / Status Bar]

Search This thread

Basil3

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
viperphonegraphic_zps4d1f7b9d.png

So, you've downloaded and been blown away by the most advanced ROM on the HTC One - ViperOne!!

Well, the fun doesn't end there! Thanks to Team Venom's powerful theme engine, you can change multiple elements of the theme on the fly - a never-before seen feature on any ROM.

Of course as with anything new, there is much confusion how this works. The aim of this thread is to clarify how to change various aspects of the theme, and unleash the full power of the Viper!

There are 2 aspects to themeing on ViperOne:

• The built in theme engine (covering statusbar icons, Sense icons, wallpapers, fonts etc)
  • The full flashable theme, which completely transforms the look of your device

To some degree, the effects of these are independent. So you can change aspects of the built in theme without changing the skin, or change the skin but keep theme elements. Or even keep everything, and just change the Sense icons. The possibilities are endless.

The secret to ViperOne's stunning good looks is a combination of the above, and you can find more information on this over the next 4 posts

Please post any theme questions / issues here rather than on the main ROM thread, let's keep that clean for ROM issues.

Thank you

Last edited:

Basil3

Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
4b7f9ym.png

So you've read about the revolutionary theme engine in the ROM thread. But what exactly can you do with it? Basically, it allows you to alter some of the graphical elements on the fly, without needing to flash or even reboot.

Using Venom Tweaks, you can change the appearance of:

• Statusbar icons
  • EQS icons
  • Battery icons
  • Sense icons
  • Notification shade background
  • App drawer background

These elements are all independent and can be changed to suit your tastes. So, you can use icons from different icon sets to mix and match your own personal theme.

But that's not all. Take a closer look at the screens where you choose statusbar themes and icon sets. You'll notice that each supported statusbar icon can be changed independently. So you like wifi icon from theme A, but battery from theme B? No problem, download both and mix it up as much as you want. You're only limited by what's available in the Hub.

And if there's some icons you want that aren't in the Hub? That's what the Venom kitchen is for.....​
Special thanks to:

• jotha - for the battery Icons

:)

EYEVuhs.png

As if the ROM wasn't customisable enough, the ROM devs have also developed the Venom theme kitchen.

Really want some statusbar icons that aren't in the Hub,or got a great idea for a set of Sense icons? Why not make it yourself and share it with others via the Venom Hub?!

We've put some themes in the Hub to get you started, but the aim is to fill it with user generated content.
We've tried to make the tutorial as easy as possible, but if you have any questions, here's the place to ask.

Post your completed themes here, with a screenshot. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!

One thing we ask though - ideally you'd be using icons you've created yourself. If you are going to use someone's else icons, please ask them for their permission first.
We all spend a lot of our free time making these, and it's really annoying to see your work ripped off by someone else! I'm sure you'd all agree.

If you used icons from the UOT kitchen, then say so.

Happy theming!

Download the Venom Theming Tutorial v2.0 here
Thanks to @ViNOK16Bit for his input!

Attachments

• UOT_Battery_renamer.rar
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • VenomActivityFinder.apk
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,257
Last edited:

Basil3

Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
ViperOne Theme Download Centre
All Themes can be downloaded here. Many thanks to @Whiskey103 for providing all the Viper themers with somewhere to upload to!

InKQTp1.png

LATEST VERSIONS OF THEMES WILL USUALLY BE FOUND ON THE HUB BEFORE THEY APPEAR HERE. PLEASE CHECK THE HUB FIRST FOR LATEST VERSION!

ViperDark offers you a stock inverted theme, with the ability to customise to your own liking.

WKYD3xk.png

- Fully compatible with HTC Theme engine
- Choose dark header colour options with Settings > Personalize > Change Accent Colours
- Stock icons throughout

dqiWyDS.gif

HiTwlxj.png

ViperDark 9.0.x only available on Venom Hub

Just flash the zip through recovery. To revert back, just reflash the ROM without wiping.

Special thanks to @rayford85 and the original Red Venom Team, and @fisha21 for all his help!

Last edited:

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
kJJsD9u.png

This post will be a go-to for all user contributions in this thread. I will also try to upload to the HUB when I get a chance, but all links will remain here as well. A lot of the icon packs such as the ones found in this post will also install and work on the One.

SENSE ICON PACKS:
Install apk then select using Venom Tweaks > Sense > Icon Pack

STATUS BAR / EQS THEMES
Install apk then select using Venom Tweaks > Status Bar > Status Bar Icons Theme

KEYBOARDS:

BOOT/DOWN ANIMATIONS:
To apply: Venom Tweaks > Advanced > Custom Boot Animation

SPLASH SCREENS:
Flash in recovery

SENSE CLOCKS:

Digital Clocks by @ViNOK16Bit
Dark Green Clocks by @ViNOK16Bit
Brushed metal weather and clock mods by @ViNOK16Bit
Black corporate Clock and keyboard theme by @Raymond Ebertt
Transparent, 80% Transparent and 50% Transparent 4x1 clock mods by @Basil3
Clock and dock themes by @Raymond Ebertt
Red themed clocks by @mwr666
Red 4x1 Sense Clocks by mwr666
This zip from one of my other threads is fully compatible with Viper One. You can mix and match clocks and backgrounds however you want. As more themers do mods to the 4x2 weather clock, I will probably combine all into an aroma zip.

WEATHER:

WALLPAPERS:

TWRP RECOVERY THEMES:

OTHER MODS:

Last edited:

hd2neuling

Nov 14, 2010
Upper Bavaria
Yesss!!! Finally our Ones are evolving to another level :)

I did small Boot/Downanimation + Splashscreen (red text fits pretty well):

inject_venomkl.gif

Bootanimation

Downanimation

Splashscreen

Wallpaper

• Bootanimation to copy anywhere to sdcard and select in Tweaks-Advanced
  • Splashscreen to flash in Recovery

*** *** ***​

Moar Red:

Screenshot_2013-06-25-13-20-49.jpg

Download & flash in Recovery ;)

LG, Helmut

Last edited:

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member
InKQTp1.png
-
Bootanims & Downanims
-
VenomBlueBootAnim.gif
VenomBlueDownAnimation.gif
VenomBootanimation.gif
VenomRedDownAnim.gif

VenomWhiteBootanim.gif
WhiteDownAnimation.gif
VenomGreenBootAnim.gif
VenomGreenDownAnim.gif
LightRedBootAnim.gif
LightRedDownAnim.gif

-
Boot Splash Screens
-
VenomBlueSplash.png
VenomViperOneBootSplashRed.png
VenomWhite.png

VenomGreenBootSplash.png
ViperLightRedBootSpash.png

-
-
TWRP Themes Including Recovery Boot Splash
-
curtainred.png
VenomBlueTWRPcurtain1.png
VenomGreenTWRPcurtain.png

image003.png
image006.png
curtain.png

NewStyleBlueVenomTWRP.png
NewStyleRedVenomTWRP.png
VenomGreenTWRP.png

- z31s1g edition -
image002blue.png
image003blue.png
image001blue.png

image002.png
image003.png
image001.png

Huge Thx to @thecoby and @z31s1g for this great GUI implementation and the original idea!!

-
Downloads

Boot & Down Animations
Flash in recovery.

Venom Blue Boot
Venom Blue Down

Venom Red Boot
Venom Red Down

Venom White Boot
Venom White Down

Venom Green Boot
Venom Green Down

Venom Light Red Boot & Down

BootSplash HTC One M7 INT
Flash in recovery.

Venom Red Bootsplash
Venom Blue Bootsplash
Venom White Bootsplash
Venom Green Bootsplash
Venom Light Red Bootsplash

BootSplash HTC One Sprint
How To!!

SplashScreenpackage Sprint

BootSplash HTC One Verizon
How To!!

SplashScreenpackage Verizon

TWRP Themes
Recovery comes as flashable RECOVERY.IMG, no need for ui.zip anymore.
Themes are hardcoded in the recovery so if you still have a ui.zip in the TWRP/theme folder it has to be removed to let the build in theme work.

HTC One International ( flashable zips)
TWRP_2.6.3.4_m7_VenomGreenTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
TWRP_2.6.3.4_m7_VenomBlueTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
TWRP_2.6.3.4_m7_VenomRedTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
Light Red Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.4
Green Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.4
Red Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.4
Blue Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.4

TWRP_2.6.3.3_m7_VenomGreenTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
TWRP_2.6.3.3_m7_VenomBlueTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
TWRP_2.6.3.3_m7_VenomRedTWRP_z31s1g_flashable
Light Red Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.3
Green Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.3
Red Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.3
Blue Venom RecoveryTWRP 2.6.3.3

HTC One Verizon (to be flashed with fastboot)
TWRP_2.6.3.4_vzw_VenomBlueTWRP_z31s1g
TWRP_2.6.3.4_vzw_VenomRedTWRP_z31s1g
Light Red Venom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.4
Green Venom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.4
Red Venom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.4
Blue Venom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.4

HTC One Sprint (to be flashed with fastboot)
twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wlsVenomRed.img
twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wlsVenomBlue.img
twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wlsVenomGreen.img
twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wlsVenomLightRed.img

For older versions and more stuff take a look in my theme thread​

Last edited:

mwr666

Dec 6, 2008
Why did the team take away my beta tester status? I was a tester at One X, was making themes... been gone for some time and now lost my status.

I'm back got ONE and want to make stuff again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    viperphonegraphic_zps4d1f7b9d.png

So, you've downloaded and been blown away by the most advanced ROM on the HTC One - ViperOne!!

Well, the fun doesn't end there! Thanks to Team Venom's powerful theme engine, you can change multiple elements of the theme on the fly - a never-before seen feature on any ROM.

Of course as with anything new, there is much confusion how this works. The aim of this thread is to clarify how to change various aspects of the theme, and unleash the full power of the Viper!

There are 2 aspects to themeing on ViperOne:

• The built in theme engine (covering statusbar icons, Sense icons, wallpapers, fonts etc)
    • The full flashable theme, which completely transforms the look of your device

To some degree, the effects of these are independent. So you can change aspects of the built in theme without changing the skin, or change the skin but keep theme elements. Or even keep everything, and just change the Sense icons. The possibilities are endless.

The secret to ViperOne's stunning good looks is a combination of the above, and you can find more information on this over the next 4 posts

Please post any theme questions / issues here rather than on the main ROM thread, let's keep that clean for ROM issues.

Thank you

ViperOne Theme Download Centre
    All Themes can be downloaded here. Many thanks to @Whiskey103 for providing all the Viper themers with somewhere to upload to!

InKQTp1.png

LATEST VERSIONS OF THEMES WILL USUALLY BE FOUND ON THE HUB BEFORE THEY APPEAR HERE. PLEASE CHECK THE HUB FIRST FOR LATEST VERSION!

ViperDark offers you a stock inverted theme, with the ability to customise to your own liking.

WKYD3xk.png

- Fully compatible with HTC Theme engine
    - Choose dark header colour options with Settings > Personalize > Change Accent Colours
    - Stock icons throughout

dqiWyDS.gif

HiTwlxj.png

ViperDark 9.0.x only available on Venom Hub

Just flash the zip through recovery. To revert back, just reflash the ROM without wiping.

Special thanks to @rayford85 and the original Red Venom Team, and @fisha21 for all his help!
    4b7f9ym.png

So you've read about the revolutionary theme engine in the ROM thread. But what exactly can you do with it? Basically, it allows you to alter some of the graphical elements on the fly, without needing to flash or even reboot.

Using Venom Tweaks, you can change the appearance of:

• Statusbar icons
    • EQS icons
    • Battery icons
    • Sense icons
    • Notification shade background
    • App drawer background

These elements are all independent and can be changed to suit your tastes. So, you can use icons from different icon sets to mix and match your own personal theme.

But that's not all. Take a closer look at the screens where you choose statusbar themes and icon sets. You'll notice that each supported statusbar icon can be changed independently. So you like wifi icon from theme A, but battery from theme B? No problem, download both and mix it up as much as you want. You're only limited by what's available in the Hub.

And if there's some icons you want that aren't in the Hub? That's what the Venom kitchen is for.....​
    Special thanks to:

• jotha - for the battery Icons

:)

EYEVuhs.png

As if the ROM wasn't customisable enough, the ROM devs have also developed the Venom theme kitchen.

Really want some statusbar icons that aren't in the Hub,or got a great idea for a set of Sense icons? Why not make it yourself and share it with others via the Venom Hub?!

We've put some themes in the Hub to get you started, but the aim is to fill it with user generated content.
    We've tried to make the tutorial as easy as possible, but if you have any questions, here's the place to ask.

Post your completed themes here, with a screenshot. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!

One thing we ask though - ideally you'd be using icons you've created yourself. If you are going to use someone's else icons, please ask them for their permission first.
    We all spend a lot of our free time making these, and it's really annoying to see your work ripped off by someone else! I'm sure you'd all agree.

If you used icons from the UOT kitchen, then say so.

Happy theming!

Download the Venom Theming Tutorial v2.0 here
    Thanks to @ViNOK16Bit for his input!
    DarkViper TWRP theme

Venom Viper inspired theme for TWRP
    Version 1.5​

DV_1.5_Main.png
    DV_1.5_Settings_page.png
    DV_1.5_Vibration_page.png
    DV_1.5_Install_confirm.png

Changelog:

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]Added Vibration controls for TWRP 2.7 and up
    [*]Changed the slider button to the new Venom  Logo
    [*]All other changes are TWRP changes. Thank them guys.
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Minor update to latest TWRP theme base - See “Backup” page, includes new function to auto-generate backup name
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added little Icon on “Language” button on Keyboard - might put a custom ViperBackup there in near future.
    [*]resized all images for FullHD devices
    [*]XML reworked for FullHD devices
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Changed Text-Input cursor color
    [*]Minor change for the progress-bar animation
    [*]XML reworked for TWRP 2.5.0.0 with new elements and layout-changes. (See Teamw.in for list of changes)
    [*]Pixelformat changed from RGB565 to RGB8888 for TWRP 2.5 (Now theme looks like it was supposed to).
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed Button position on flash confirm page
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]

Credits:
    Buttons and backgrounds are made with Photoshop CS6 Extended by me.
    Viper-Logo on the Slider: Lesscro in the 1.5 version and @Behold_this in the previous versions. Home, Back and SlideOut Buttons: @rootrider. Thank you mate.
    NavBar: stock HTC Sense5, ripped off the ONE (thanks @he_stheone64 ;) ), Thanks HTC!

ui.xml is pretty much the reference layout at teamw.in’s repo over at OmniRom and has only placement and color edits from me to make all stuff fit, so it's pretty much stock.

HowTo:
    download the ui.zip
    place it on your SDcard into the folder "theme" which is located inside the folder "TWRP". If that folder doesn't exist, create it.
    Correct path: \sdcard\TWRP\theme\ui.zip
    then boot into recovery and enjoy.
    Notice: all datamedia devices that have TWRP located on /data/media or /data/media/0 need the “theme” folder in small letters, not capitalized, or else the theme won’t be recognized! I believe Dees_Troy is looking into this but for now you need to pay attention to this.

Disclaimer:
    According to TeamWin, it is possible to introduce bugs and malicious code into TWRP by means of a theme. I spent a lot of time testing this myself and asure you, i found no malicious button or hidden function in it ;)
    However, i cannot guarantee, that there won't be problems from using a theme. If you ever suspect this theme of doing something bad to your phone, please let me know asap, so i can fix that.
    I do not want to harm anyone's tech, but i also can't take responsibility for this, as using themes is always the sole responsibility of the user. I am not god. I can't foresee everything.

Update 27th of April 2014: This theme has been updated to TWRP 2.7.0.0 and is functional on all versions 2.7 and up so far. it will also be working on all FullHD devices, so M7 and M8 for sure, probably others.

- = Download = -
    [NEW] TWRP 2.7.0.0 FullHD Theme: http://goo.gl/9JqDq9
    [OLD] TWRP 2.6.3.0 FullHD Theme: http://d-h.st/Nyy
    [OLD]TWRP 2.5.0.0 FullHD Theme: http://d-h.st/Dng

qHD Themes (OneS): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40135187

For bugs (that would mainly be layout issues) let me know. I will even that out whenever i find time. Thanks.