• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[THEME] 10/15 CM7.1 FINAL Better Stock Battery

Search This thread

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
10/15 UPDATE TO 7.1 FINAL

Same, same....my version of the original gingerbread battery with percentage. The "nonumbers" does not have percentage.

(Flash in Recovery)

8/13-UPDATED TO 7.1RC1

Well, I really thought that 7.1 would be here by now, but since it isn't I'm updating these to 7.0.3. Now watch 7.1 final roll out here in the next couple days, lol. Same packages as before....the Better Battery one has percentages, and obviously the "no_numbers" version doesn't.

THESE ARE ONLY FOR CM7.1RC

CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBattery.zip
CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBattery-no_numbers.zip
CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBlue.zip

4/15:
Also for some of you old timers :D that might remember I had a blue theme sorta thingie...well I've played with making my aosp build blue here and there over the last few months. I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like, and I really haven't shared it with anybody cause it still needs work. But I thought I'd put it up here just for some variety. Maybe some of you can put some time in it as well :) It's got the Better Battery style, but blue (with percentage) and a few other blue items.
FOR 7.0
CM7_N1-final-BetterBattery.zip
CM7_N1-final-BetterBattery-no_numbers.zip
CM7_N1-final-BetterBlue.zip

Original description:
I completely re-made the stock battery and made it a smooth gingerbread battery. It's not as smooth as my circle mods since I didn't have as much graphic to work with (battery is only ~25 pixels tall, lol), but it is much nicer than the stock version, while still keeping the nice gingerbread look. It does have percentages now, but I also have it available without percentage if anybody wants it.

This is a "regular smooth" charge animation. It does not have my hybrid style. I can make another one up some of you would like one. I like it fine the way it is.

Oh yeah....this file will also change your volume bar/web loading/etc (progress-horizontal) to green instead of the bright yellow.

Last edited:

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, it looks just like the stock battery pretty much:

snap20110216_080358-1%20%281%29.png

Of course you know I made the animation better :)

gingerbread-charging3.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: madahab

ryan75

Feb 8, 2009
Dearborn, MI
After applying this, when I choose Cyanbread from the Theme Manager, the battery stays green. If I didn't flash this, would the battery also change to cyan with the Cyanbread theme, or is it green?

cgjjaf

Jun 25, 2010
Battery life issue

Is anybody seeing a major drop in battery life? I was doing fine before I flashed the battery mod, but after flashing my battery was dropping about 10% per hour. I don't know if this is a CM7 issue or a battery mod problem.

By the way, I am not complaining, I think that this mod is great and I really hope that it is something else. I will try flashing it again and see if the problem persist, and I will try to figure it out. Thanks for the hard work.

Bastafari

Dec 4, 2010
Miramar
OnePlus 8 Pro
Works great so far on my EVO with CM7 RC1. But I have a gray triangle between my wifi and cell reception. What is that? Can I take it off? And oddly enough after reboot the auto brightness is ALOT darker than normal so I turned it off. Thanks for the theming.

Last edited:

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
Tested on CM7rc1 and works great. I miss my circle indicator :(. On line kitchen has rc1 and I tried it and for a sec you see the circle prior to everything crashing and phone rebooting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10/15 UPDATE TO 7.1 FINAL

Same, same....my version of the original gingerbread battery with percentage. The "nonumbers" does not have percentage.

(Flash in Recovery)

8/13-UPDATED TO 7.1RC1

Well, I really thought that 7.1 would be here by now, but since it isn't I'm updating these to 7.0.3. Now watch 7.1 final roll out here in the next couple days, lol. Same packages as before....the Better Battery one has percentages, and obviously the "no_numbers" version doesn't.

THESE ARE ONLY FOR CM7.1RC

CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBattery.zip
    CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBattery-no_numbers.zip
    CM7.1rc1_N1-BetterBlue.zip

4/15:
    Also for some of you old timers :D that might remember I had a blue theme sorta thingie...well I've played with making my aosp build blue here and there over the last few months. I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like, and I really haven't shared it with anybody cause it still needs work. But I thought I'd put it up here just for some variety. Maybe some of you can put some time in it as well :) It's got the Better Battery style, but blue (with percentage) and a few other blue items.
    FOR 7.0
    CM7_N1-final-BetterBattery.zip
    CM7_N1-final-BetterBattery-no_numbers.zip
    CM7_N1-final-BetterBlue.zip

Original description:
    I completely re-made the stock battery and made it a smooth gingerbread battery. It's not as smooth as my circle mods since I didn't have as much graphic to work with (battery is only ~25 pixels tall, lol), but it is much nicer than the stock version, while still keeping the nice gingerbread look. It does have percentages now, but I also have it available without percentage if anybody wants it.

This is a "regular smooth" charge animation. It does not have my hybrid style. I can make another one up some of you would like one. I like it fine the way it is.

Oh yeah....this file will also change your volume bar/web loading/etc (progress-horizontal) to green instead of the bright yellow.
    Hey pendo, thanks for all the hard work. Would there be any way to get your circle battery on the samsung fascinate running cm7?
    yes.......if I could find some time. My already limited time is getting stretched even thinner for android. I have identified the fc errors in my market theme (already fixed version 3.3.11) and I now need to start on the newer version. Hopefully around the end of the week I might have some time to spend catching up around here. Remind me again if I don't catch up with you next weekend.
    Why I always have to disable the "signature verification" before flashing? when it says "SIGNED"

CM 7.1... N1
    Clockworkmod recovery..

Lol...don't know. I usually do sign my update zips..sorry if I slipped.:eek: But on clockwork I was under the assumption that signature verification was off by default already??
    Well, it looks just like the stock battery pretty much:

snap20110216_080358-1%20%281%29.png

Of course you know I made the animation better :)

gingerbread-charging3.gif
    I really like your battery % icons. They're a little taller and the text is bolder/clearer than my rom has. Animation is a lot nicer too. Do you mind if I use them on my next update?
    Thanks Pendo, will do.

Here ya go. This is for 7.1 stable, btw. I think my updater-script should work for you so just flash in recovery.

SmoothC-CM7.1_fascinate-signed.zip