• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THEME] 12/27 Transparent Market 3.4.4

Search This thread

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
12/27 - Fixed a couple small text color issues, otherwise the same. Link updated below.

12/22 - Update to 3.4.4

Flash in recovery. Updater-script installs in the /system/app directory so don't forget to uninstall updates in settings if you have been OTA updated to 3.4.4. As always, please let me know of any issues anyone runs into.

xmas3.png
TransMarket-3.4.4bl-v2-signed.zip
xmas5.png

Update for 3.3.11:
For now it's just the blue trimmed version. I would like to get the others up as well, but I've had several requests to extend this onto mdpi screens as well, so that's next on the agenda.

Flash in Recovery
TransMarket-3.3.11bl-signed.zip

Please ensure you've uninstalled updates or otherwise removed all com.android.vending.apk entries from data/app, as this zip will place Vending in your /system/app directory.

9/25 Update to 3.1.5

Ok, finally got my theme ported into 3.1.5. I'll admit that this hasn't been real thoroughly tested, but so far so good for me. The themes are almost exactly like before...it's not identical, but it would be very hard to tell the small changes that were made. Still hdpi only.

FLASH IN RECOVERY
Blue trim-TransMarket_3.1.5bl-signed.zip

Green trim-TransMarket_3.1.5gr-signed.zip

*These will flash to /system/app directory. It is very likely that you were silently updated to 3.1.5 and therefore have the apk in /data/app. If the Market is not themed after flash, go to settings>applications>manage applications>select "All" tab and scroll down to Market. Select uninstall updates.

Original stock market: AndroidMarket_3.1.5-stock-signed.zip

OLDER POSTS
=================================================

8/27-Version 3.1.3 recovery zips

TransMarket-3.1.3blue

TransMarket-3.1.3green

Originally I hadn't intended on theming the new market, but I was asked by another member to help him with his and in the process of trying to help I started tinkering with it myself. :) The layout of this app doesn't lend itself well to a transparent theme, but it did turn out much better than I expected.

One of the aspects that I knew I wanted to keep if I ever did anything was the color coordination of the different product groups. I think that added a nice touch to the app. This actually made things somewhat difficult, and I had to venture into the land of smali edits (not my strong suit). However, I did reuse my newer buttons from the last market so many of them are blue, and the progressbar that I've integrated into the app is blue. The progressbars are ONLY IN THIS APP, it doesn't affect anything else on your phone.

**This looks best over darker wallpapers. The text colors are designed as such**

Here's some screenshot's:

TransMarket3.0.27-NS1.png
TransMarket3.0.27-NS2.png
TransMarket3.0.27-NS3.png
TransMarket3.0.27-NS4.png

Please do let me know of any omissions that you find as I have not checked all pages. Oh, and this isn't resigned so there shouldn't be any FC issues like in previous editions.

Thanks for looking!!

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Trans-Market_3.0.27-v1.0.zip

Here's the stock, unmodified market. Also in a flash zip: Vending_3.0.27-stock.zip

Previous version: Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip

Last edited:

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
Do I need to do full blue theme to get blue highlight and blue around text box¿ I see in pic but mine still amber color

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Reactions: thegod2012

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Do I need to do full blue theme to get blue highlight and blue around text box¿ I see in pic but mine still amber color

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

yeah, the change in the keyboard is pretty subtle. The only things that will change with LatinIME.apk are mainly going to be the suggested words that appear as you type, and the popup box when you hold down certain keys will have a blue ring around the letter. The space bar's highlight when suggestion popop and the caps lock light are blue, too. The other stuff you're talking about is actually going to be in framework-res.

I've been tinkering around with blue theming for a while now, and the keyboard is just part of that WIP. But since it's a 2.3 keyboard I thought I'd throw it in as well. The market, though works well on it's own or in conjunction with a blue theme.

Flashed the two files and still the same mate;(

JD

Did you try wiping caches too? There's been mixed results in most of these Market threads from what I've seen. Some don't see the change, others have no issues at all. That's the whole reason I included the plain apk. I know some folks have com.android.vending-2.apk. It's the same file, just named different.

I've not done much theming outside of framework-res so please forgive me for not having an exact answer for you. Hopefully someone with a little more experience than me-particularly with theming system apks-will step in and offer some advice.

The apk is good, though for sure. Way too many people rocking it out right now for it to not be. Just gotta find out what small difference makes it not apply to some.

Last edited:
J

JupiterDroid

yeah, the change in the keyboard is pretty subtle. The only things that will change with LatinIME.apk are mainly going to be the suggested words that appear as you type, and the popup box when you hold down certain keys will have a blue ring around the letter. The space bar's highlight when suggestion popop and the caps lock light are blue, too. The other stuff you're talking about is actually going to be in framework-res.

I've been tinkering around with blue theming for a while now, and the keyboard is just part of that WIP. But since it's a 2.3 keyboard I thought I'd throw it in as well. The market, though works well on it's own or in conjunction with a blue theme.

Did you try wiping caches too? There's been mixed results in most of these Market threads from what I've seen. Some don't see the change, others have no issues at all. That's the whole reason I included the plain apk. I know some folks have com.android.vending-2.apk. It's the same file, just named different.

I've not done much theming outside of framework-res so please forgive me for not having an exact answer for you. Hopefully someone with a little more experience than me-particularly with theming system apks-will step in and offer some advice.

The apk is good, though for sure. Way too many people rocking it out right now for it to not be. Just gotta find out what small difference makes it not apply to some.

ThanKS Mate, will definitely flash when you guys get a system that works, Thanks for your hard work;)

JD

phil0sophic

Sep 13, 2009
Heber Springs
Blue keyboard

Hello fellow Nexus brethren :)

I know there's already a couple of these market threads, but I'm pretty sure none are themed quite like mine. I'm not a present N-S owner, but since we're related and all....I figure it's ok :p Pretty much every png has been changed.

A quick screenshot:

432acab1.png

I'll have to defer to you all as to what the best way to install this is, so I've got a couple options. First the link below is a regular flash.zip installer that will mount system, and flash Vending.apk to /system/app. Also in the attachment section at the bottom is the the Vending.apk file itself.

I've also got my lightly themed keyboard. This won't affect the text you see in the subject field, but does have the blue text in the suggestion area:

snap20101212_172752.png

The link is a flash.zip that will mount system, and place LatinIME.apk in /system/app and a lib file in /system/lib. In the attachment section is a zip that contains just apk and lib file.

Thanks for looking!

How tough is it to get a black one like this

Attachments

• SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_HVGA.png
    SwypeRef_PT_Standard_wBlue_HVGA.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 776

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Market Update:

Ok, so this is pretty popular I guess, judging by my inbox, lol. I've been helping a Nexus S owner in his transition from the N1 and he just discovered something....He was previously unable to get the flash to work (I just found out that the phone's odexed :eek:) But he flashed the cyanogen alpha and the update flashed just fine. No problems. He did have to mount the system first in the recovery menu prior to flashing but it took just fine.

So there's one way to try if you're interested.

Thanks!

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for posting Chris. Got your message btw ;)

@allareconnected,

I mentioned this in the above post, but for him it was critical that he actually mount the system in the recovery menu in order for it to take. Skipping that step prevented the flash from taking, even though there was no error.

I'm still a little confused as to why he needs to do this, since 1) the script in the zip has a mount system command, and 2) never had to do this with any other phone. I suppose it's possible that I missed something during the rooting process as I kinda helped him with that a little.

In any case, I'd think that pushing via root explorer would work fine as well.

I did have an issue earlier myself that was self inflicted (most of mine are, lol), but I kept getting a permissions FC. The way I ended up resolving the problem was by reinstalling a previous market (v1.82) that was in a gapps.zip from I downloaded in clockwork. After installing it, I rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed my 2.2.7 and has been perfect all day. Even in miui.

mesajoejoe

Jan 18, 2008
If your having problems installing this, and you have the latest "new" market installed. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all and find market, click it and choose uninstall updates.

After that, it should revert to this blue themed market

Did this for T-Mo Vibrant

MAMBO04

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2009
Brighton
@pendo, love this Market, works well on the SGS, but would it be possible to make a green themed one with your icons/images etc? That would be awesome :) Anyway great themed Market, and keyboard, keep it up!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12/27 - Fixed a couple small text color issues, otherwise the same. Link updated below.

12/22 - Update to 3.4.4

Flash in recovery. Updater-script installs in the /system/app directory so don't forget to uninstall updates in settings if you have been OTA updated to 3.4.4. As always, please let me know of any issues anyone runs into.

xmas3.png
    TransMarket-3.4.4bl-v2-signed.zip
    xmas5.png

Update for 3.3.11:
    For now it's just the blue trimmed version. I would like to get the others up as well, but I've had several requests to extend this onto mdpi screens as well, so that's next on the agenda.

Flash in Recovery
    TransMarket-3.3.11bl-signed.zip

Please ensure you've uninstalled updates or otherwise removed all com.android.vending.apk entries from data/app, as this zip will place Vending in your /system/app directory.

9/25 Update to 3.1.5

Ok, finally got my theme ported into 3.1.5. I'll admit that this hasn't been real thoroughly tested, but so far so good for me. The themes are almost exactly like before...it's not identical, but it would be very hard to tell the small changes that were made. Still hdpi only.

FLASH IN RECOVERY
    Blue trim-TransMarket_3.1.5bl-signed.zip

Green trim-TransMarket_3.1.5gr-signed.zip

*These will flash to /system/app directory. It is very likely that you were silently updated to 3.1.5 and therefore have the apk in /data/app. If the Market is not themed after flash, go to settings>applications>manage applications>select "All" tab and scroll down to Market. Select uninstall updates.

Original stock market: AndroidMarket_3.1.5-stock-signed.zip

OLDER POSTS

8/27-Version 3.1.3 recovery zips

TransMarket-3.1.3blue

TransMarket-3.1.3green

Originally I hadn't intended on theming the new market, but I was asked by another member to help him with his and in the process of trying to help I started tinkering with it myself. :) The layout of this app doesn't lend itself well to a transparent theme, but it did turn out much better than I expected.

One of the aspects that I knew I wanted to keep if I ever did anything was the color coordination of the different product groups. I think that added a nice touch to the app. This actually made things somewhat difficult, and I had to venture into the land of smali edits (not my strong suit). However, I did reuse my newer buttons from the last market so many of them are blue, and the progressbar that I've integrated into the app is blue. The progressbars are ONLY IN THIS APP, it doesn't affect anything else on your phone.

**This looks best over darker wallpapers. The text colors are designed as such**

Here's some screenshot's:

TransMarket3.0.27-NS1.png
    TransMarket3.0.27-NS2.png
    TransMarket3.0.27-NS3.png
    TransMarket3.0.27-NS4.png

Please do let me know of any omissions that you find as I have not checked all pages. Oh, and this isn't resigned so there shouldn't be any FC issues like in previous editions.

Thanks for looking!!

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Trans-Market_3.0.27-v1.0.zip

Here's the stock, unmodified market. Also in a flash zip: Vending_3.0.27-stock.zip

Previous version: Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip
    Hey, pendo, market updated once again :eek: here's the apk if you'd like it :) http://db.tt/ABMvsrp

Sent from a truly Epic phone on the XDA Premium app ;)

Yeah, thanks. I had actually already done it but apparently the version I had was designed for tablets or something. It had a slightly different version code in the manifest, which caused all sorts of problems with permissions and what not. I just now got trans-red and trans-blue fixed up.
    OP updated with 3.1.3 :)
    Transparent Vending updates for 2.3.3 at the top of the op :)
    updates for 2.3.4 at the top of the op :)