[Theme] 2/2/13 Beta Blue Poison V.03 for Viper V3.01

Search This thread

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Viper3Logo_zps0baa6641.png

Posted 2/2/13 Beta V.03
Pics are from the Mean rom. Will update later.

EVOLTEBlueberry2.gif
EVOLTEClearSkin.gif
Blue_Dragon_Skin.gif
BUEGLASSJB.gif

[Left: Default Blueberry Theme] Link found below for[Middle: Clear skin] [Right: Blue Dragon skin][Far Right: Blue Glass

Aluminum_Skin2.gif
Matte_Skin.gif

Theme Added to Aluminum & Matte Default skins (Already in the theme)

* Always check the update section and flash the update post flashing the theme

Install instructions
1. Download and install Mean rom
2. Download the theme zip and copy to sdcard.
3. Boot into recovery, no need to wipe the theme will do it for you
4. Reboot
5. Please post your feedback, it's much appreciated

Update Section 2/2/12

IconsExamples4.jpg

Special ackowledgement and thank you to following member's for their donations to assist in keeping my themes available to all
* Donated < 1 X

*sharky17
*baknblack
roninep
triatlt
royshero
billyho7993
rgaeta2000
Cobra57
*travisw0204
evomike
awillis11
seewhyphotos
gianmarco00
NascarKid
sslbaron
Schmeggy929
bjohnson69
bwebber
lanewhit
netengineer
sbdags
beanbean50
Comspec
dctwilliams
lartomar2002
sebagh
If I do not have you correct name posted, please pm with your correct xda username.

Credit: (Long over do!)
Viper Team for the awesome rom to work with
mikeyxda as well for his great rom
Team420 for setting the standard for making skins
Badseed Team for posting so many tutorials and sharing their knowledge
eg1212 from Badseed with his help and easy 123 guide to making skin work with inverted roms
Pneuma from Team Anonymous with their help over the years
Jabeboy7 for correcting so many of my post
nick1313 for his help and quidance over the years
tbonanno231 for giving me answers to as many or more of questions I had
schmeggy929 again another fellow themer who is willing to answer any question
musicman625 for asking so many questions, make me sharpen my teaching skills
And many more that have went their separate way and lost touch
To all who made donations to keep my work as direct downloads with no waiting times:)

Files affected in the theme
Framework
com.htc.resources.apk
framework-htc-res.apk
framework-res.apk
Apps
Aluminum.apk
AndroidHtcSync.apk
Automotive_Home.apk
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
Calendar.apk
Camera.apk
Concrete.apk
ConnectionsOptimizer.apk
fusion.apk
Gmail.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Graphite.apk
HomePersonalize.apk
HTCAlbum.apk
HtcCalendarWidgets.apk
HtcContacts.apk
HtcContactWidgets.apk
HtcDialer.apk
HtcMusic.apk
HtcMusicWidget.apk
HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
HtcPowerManager.apk
HtcSoundEnhancerSetting.apk
HTC_IME.apk
Idlescreen_Base.apk
Mail.apk
Matte.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Phonesky.apk
Steel.apk
SystemUI.apk
Talk.apk
Usage.apk
Weather.apk
WorldClock.apk
Data Apps
com.android.chrome-1.apk
com.coremobility.app.vnotes-1.apk
com.dictionary-1.apk
com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk

Jelly Bean Blueberry Theme
*****Before flashing the theme, use the Market app to update Google Search (aka Google Now) to latest version if you had not done it already. Then flash the theme and enjoy*****
If you already flashed V.01, then uninstall any Google Search you have installed. Then download from the Market just to be sure you have the correct one. Theme flash V.03.
Download Link Main Theme: http://rapidshare.com/files/33250876/Blueberry_JellyBean_Viper_Beta_003.zip

Note: Please this a beta and I took some shortcuts to get this posted so fast. I used the apps done for the Mean rom. Except Settings, SystemUI, Framework-res, Framework.htc-res, Resources, Velvet (Google Now). I see no side effects for what I have done. All appears to be working as the Viper Team designed the rom. Skins are 100 % working, except one thing. In the Quick Setting Notification area the slider button icons are what is in the base theme (com.htc.resources.apk). This is cause by the method used by the Viper Team in the modded Systemui.apk, not something wrong with the skins. For now I left Sprint Voice Notes out of the theme since a new update is available and needs a whole new theme added.

All Jelly Bean Skins
Follow this link for all skins

Post Link: Uploading version .03

Apex Launcher 3 add-on packs (1/22/13)

ApexThemesPreview.gif

Blue Glass 1 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/3939562855/TW671.Apex_Blue_Glass_V1.apk

Glass 1 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/550001205/TW671_Apex_Glass_V1.apk

Blue Glass 2 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/2205847984/TW671_Apex_Blue_Glass_V2.apk

Blue Theme for TWRP (works with the new 2.3 as far I can tell)
Copy the ui.zip to your Phones /sdcard/TWRP/THEME/ (you may need to create the THEME directory) You do not need to unzip, just place the file in the directory you create

TWRP_Wolf_preview1.jpg
TWRP_Blue_Preview1.jpg
TWRP_preview.jpg

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/3967379431/TW671_Wolf_1_TWRP.zip

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/1081767088/tw671_blue_twrp.zip

Pic #3 TWRP 2.3.1.0 Theme

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/522342178/TW671_TWRP_2_3_1_0_UI.zip

Last edited:

lanewhit

Mar 4, 2011
Re: [Theme] 2/2/13 Beta Blue Poison V.01 for Viper V3.01

It's READY! Come and get some!:cowboy:

So far, so good. I have not tried any skins yet but I typically stay with stock especially since you added the silver clock. I will keep playing and will let you know if anything pops up.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Edit: uninstalled google search as instructed before installing theme now it force closes...

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
So far, so good. I have not tried any skins yet but I typically stay with stock especially since you added the silver clock. I will keep playing and will let you know if anything pops up.

Edit: uninstalled google search as instructed before installing theme now it force closes...

Ok, thanks for the feedback on the problem with Google Now and the f/c's. Didn't happen with me, so I will restore the basic rom and go thru the steps again. I may have to tell folks to remove the Velvet.apk from the \system\app directory before flashing if this is causing problems. Question: Did you update the Google Now before u flash the theme? It's possible the Google Now has been updated and the one that came with the Viper rom is newer than what I have in the theme. To correct you problem, uninstall Google Search 2.2.10.54 in TB and install again from the Market will fix the problem for you and anyone else who has the same problem.

Edit: $hiT, didn't test Google Now until now. It is f/c on me as well.

Edit2: Found the problem, my google now is newer than the one with the rom. 2nd, the problem is in the name of the file in the zip. Take and rename the file from Velvet.apk.apk to Velvet.apk and it will work. Didn't notice I did that

EDIT 3: For now just delete the file from the zip, found it will f/c on exit from the search!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Reactions: Riff76

lanewhit

Mar 4, 2011

Ok, thanks for the feedback on the problem with Google Now and the f/c's. Didn't happen with me, so I will restore the basic rom and go thru the steps again. I may have to tell folks to remove the Velvet.apk from the \system\app directory before flashing if this is causing problems. Question: Did you update the Google Now before u flash the theme? It's possible the Google Now has been updated and the one that came with the Viper rom is newer than what I have in the theme. To correct you problem, uninstall Google Search 2.2.10.54 in TB and install again from the Market will fix the problem for you and anyone else who has the same problem.

Edit: $hiT, didn't test Google Now until now. It is f/c on me as well.

Yep. I reinstalled the stock non-themed version from the market and it works fine again.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Yep. I reinstalled the stock non-themed version from the market and it works fine again.

Found the problem, my google now is newer than the one with the rom. 2nd, the problem is in the name of the file in the zip. Take and rename the file from Velvet.apk.apk to Velvet.apk and it will work. Didn't notice I did that.

Go back and read all of post 7 or delete Velvet from the \system\app directory.

Last edited:
Reactions: volk9029 and Riff76

lanewhit

Mar 4, 2011

Found the problem, my google now is newer than the one with the rom. 2nd, the problem is in the name of the file in the zip. Take and rename the file from Velvet.apk.apk to Velvet.apk and it will work. Didn't notice I did that.

Go back and read all of post 7 or delete Velvet from the \system\app directory.

I feel silly but I don't seem to be able to delete apk's from the zip. I see it but can't figure out how to delete it. I'm sure it's simple but none of my viewers let me delete... Any help?

Edit. Never mind...Googled it.

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
I feel silly but I don't seem to be able to delete apk's from the zip. I see it but can't figure out how to delete it. I'm sure it's simple but none of my viewers let me delete... Any help?

Edit. Never mind...Googled it.

Sure, just wait till I upload beta .03. Found the problem, the Google Now (aka Velvet.apk) in the rom was the old the version. I knew that when I tested the theme. I put the new updated version the \system\app directory just like it was in the rom.... I forgot there are some lib files need updating as well. Also I had a copy the same app in the \data\app directory as well with the correct name and folder to install like the Market will. The uploading zip will install to the correct directory and have the correct name. For those just now downloading, if you haven't flash the theme then wait til I get version .03 posted. Then all you have to do before flashing the theme is update Google Now in the Market and then flash the theme. Plus I changed the boot animation from red to blue and reduced the size for 27mb's to 6.

Heck I didn't even know the Viper rom was available until midnight last night. Keep me up till 0300 so I could get some theming done so I could live with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riff76 and volk9029

billyho7993

Jul 21, 2012
Henderson
Nice work on the theme wolf but there is a problem when on the home screen I hit menu then choose wallpapers and its telling me the app isn't installed here is a screenshot of what it says...also look up in the left corner of my screenshot..isn't that sweet! I love viper Rom tweaks!

Edit: also your theme breaks the customization of the lockscreen carrier caption and the icons in case you didn't know...I know its just a beta but I just wanted to let you know the things I'm seeing :)

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359958358221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359958358221.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: Riff76

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
billyho - can you share that wallpaper ? its sweet

TW - switched back to Viper over weekend and your theme is exactly what its always been - great.

billyho is right in that the lockscreen icons arent showing and carrier info wont go away.
I also noticed that the battery icon under the power settings looks off. Like its a smaller, cut off image.

And preference question - are the check mark colors within the menus, etc changeable? they are that JB blue
color and Id like to make them a darker royal blue, similar to your theme. Are they just a png change ?

Thanks - Themes incredible and Im glad you brought it back to Viper.

Nice work on the theme wolf but there is a problem when on the home screen I hit menu then choose wallpapers and its telling me the app isn't installed here is a screenshot of what it says...also look up in the left corner of my screenshot..isn't that sweet! I love viper Rom tweaks!

Edit: also your theme breaks the customization of the lockscreen carrier caption and the icons in case you didn't know...I know its just a beta but I just wanted to let you know the things I'm seeing :)

Reactions: billyho7993

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
As promised TW, I tried this on the new ota and as suspected it breaks system.ui. Dont know why 3.16 will work with the mean version of this theme and ot the viper, but oh well at least one of them works with it.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
This is what I have been waiting for! Some feedback to what is broke. I knew some things would not work correct. :good:

This week I will work on using only the Viper apps all the way to fix any and all problems. Hard to tell what I do not need to change and as you can see from the OP. A lot of files to do, hang in there I will get this done over the next couple of weeks or sooner if I can.

billyho - can you share that wallpaper ? its sweet

TW - switched back to Viper over weekend and your theme is exactly what its always been - great.

billyho is right in that the lockscreen icons arent showing and carrier info wont go away.
I also noticed that the battery icon under the power settings looks off. Like its a smaller, cut off image.

And preference question - are the check mark colors within the menus, etc changeable? they are that JB blue
color and Id like to make them a darker royal blue, similar to your theme. Are they just a png change ?

Thanks - Themes incredible and Im glad you brought it back to Viper.

The battery icon settings is the same icon as stock, just is blue. Show me a picture, that way I can see if yours is different.
There are 4 different checkmarks used in the theme. 2 are custom and 2 are stock. Where each one is used is hard. Since I seldom run into the stock ones. Again giving a picture(s) would help in finding where the stock icons are used.

As promised TW, I tried this on the new ota and as suspected it breaks system.ui. Dont know why 3.16 will work with the mean version of this theme and ot the viper, but oh well at least one of them works with it.

Please explain a little more as to what is broke on the Viper rom. Other than what is stated above. With regards to files from roms, each one is using mods to key files to get each mod working. Most mods are working on the Viper and I knew at some point and time I would need to do all the files just to be sure I get every one of them working correct. I put the theme together in about 4 hours. Wanted to get a basic theme done so I could live with the rom as I knew the time need to re-do all the files. From my past time on version 2, I knew what was modded the most. Did those and just as a test I tried all the other files. All appeared to work so I posted the theme as a beta waiting for you, the group of flasher's to tell me what would take weeks for me or a handfull of tester's to fine. What you found in a few days. I do not do awhole lot of testing before I post. A very large theme and I would never find all the bugs as over 300 users would.

Thanks, got what I needed

Reactions: Riff76 and volk9029

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
TW. Heres wut i mean.

The pic for th battery has a white border and looks like its been cropped. Looks a little off to me.

The other two are the check marks. Light blue in the settings menu. Th darker blue is from handcent apk. I love the dark blue checkmark look and want to make it
all that look.

The checkmark colors are just my preference im asking about...Im not saying to change them

Thanks

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359993258377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359993258377.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359993286150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359993286150.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359993311903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359993311903.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: billyho7993

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Viper3Logo_zps0baa6641.png

Posted 2/2/13 Beta V.03
    Pics are from the Mean rom. Will update later.

EVOLTEBlueberry2.gif
    EVOLTEClearSkin.gif
    Blue_Dragon_Skin.gif
    BUEGLASSJB.gif

[Left: Default Blueberry Theme] Link found below for[Middle: Clear skin] [Right: Blue Dragon skin][Far Right: Blue Glass

Aluminum_Skin2.gif
    Matte_Skin.gif

Theme Added to Aluminum & Matte Default skins (Already in the theme)

* Always check the update section and flash the update post flashing the theme

Install instructions
    1. Download and install Mean rom
    2. Download the theme zip and copy to sdcard.
    3. Boot into recovery, no need to wipe the theme will do it for you
    4. Reboot
    5. Please post your feedback, it's much appreciated

Update Section 2/2/12

IconsExamples4.jpg

Special ackowledgement and thank you to following member's for their donations to assist in keeping my themes available to all
    * Donated < 1 X

*sharky17
    *baknblack
    roninep
    triatlt
    royshero
    billyho7993
    rgaeta2000
    Cobra57
    *travisw0204
    evomike
    awillis11
    seewhyphotos
    gianmarco00
    NascarKid
    sslbaron
    Schmeggy929
    bjohnson69
    bwebber
    lanewhit
    netengineer
    sbdags
    beanbean50
    Comspec
    dctwilliams
    lartomar2002
    sebagh
    If I do not have you correct name posted, please pm with your correct xda username.

Credit: (Long over do!)
    Viper Team for the awesome rom to work with
    mikeyxda as well for his great rom
    Team420 for setting the standard for making skins
    Badseed Team for posting so many tutorials and sharing their knowledge
    eg1212 from Badseed with his help and easy 123 guide to making skin work with inverted roms
    Pneuma from Team Anonymous with their help over the years
    Jabeboy7 for correcting so many of my post
    nick1313 for his help and quidance over the years
    tbonanno231 for giving me answers to as many or more of questions I had
    schmeggy929 again another fellow themer who is willing to answer any question
    musicman625 for asking so many questions, make me sharpen my teaching skills
    And many more that have went their separate way and lost touch
    To all who made donations to keep my work as direct downloads with no waiting times:)

Files affected in the theme
    Framework
    com.htc.resources.apk
    framework-htc-res.apk
    framework-res.apk
    Apps
    Aluminum.apk
    AndroidHtcSync.apk
    Automotive_Home.apk
    Browser.apk
    Calculator.apk
    Calendar.apk
    Camera.apk
    Concrete.apk
    ConnectionsOptimizer.apk
    fusion.apk
    Gmail.apk
    GoogleLoginService.apk
    GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    Graphite.apk
    HomePersonalize.apk
    HTCAlbum.apk
    HtcCalendarWidgets.apk
    HtcContacts.apk
    HtcContactWidgets.apk
    HtcDialer.apk
    HtcMusic.apk
    HtcMusicWidget.apk
    HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
    HtcPowerManager.apk
    HtcSoundEnhancerSetting.apk
    HTC_IME.apk
    Idlescreen_Base.apk
    Mail.apk
    Matte.apk
    Mms.apk
    Phone.apk
    Phonesky.apk
    Steel.apk
    SystemUI.apk
    Talk.apk
    Usage.apk
    Weather.apk
    WorldClock.apk
    Data Apps
    com.android.chrome-1.apk
    com.coremobility.app.vnotes-1.apk
    com.dictionary-1.apk
    com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk
    com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk

Jelly Bean Blueberry Theme
    *****Before flashing the theme, use the Market app to update Google Search (aka Google Now) to latest version if you had not done it already. Then flash the theme and enjoy*****
    If you already flashed V.01, then uninstall any Google Search you have installed. Then download from the Market just to be sure you have the correct one. Theme flash V.03.
    Download Link Main Theme: http://rapidshare.com/files/33250876/Blueberry_JellyBean_Viper_Beta_003.zip

Note: Please this a beta and I took some shortcuts to get this posted so fast. I used the apps done for the Mean rom. Except Settings, SystemUI, Framework-res, Framework.htc-res, Resources, Velvet (Google Now). I see no side effects for what I have done. All appears to be working as the Viper Team designed the rom. Skins are 100 % working, except one thing. In the Quick Setting Notification area the slider button icons are what is in the base theme (com.htc.resources.apk). This is cause by the method used by the Viper Team in the modded Systemui.apk, not something wrong with the skins. For now I left Sprint Voice Notes out of the theme since a new update is available and needs a whole new theme added.

All Jelly Bean Skins
    Follow this link for all skins

Post Link: Uploading version .03

Apex Launcher 3 add-on packs (1/22/13)

ApexThemesPreview.gif

Blue Glass 1 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/3939562855/TW671.Apex_Blue_Glass_V1.apk

Glass 1 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/550001205/TW671_Apex_Glass_V1.apk

Blue Glass 2 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/2205847984/TW671_Apex_Blue_Glass_V2.apk

Blue Theme for TWRP (works with the new 2.3 as far I can tell)
    Copy the ui.zip to your Phones /sdcard/TWRP/THEME/ (you may need to create the THEME directory) You do not need to unzip, just place the file in the directory you create

TWRP_Wolf_preview1.jpg
    TWRP_Blue_Preview1.jpg
    TWRP_preview.jpg

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/3967379431/TW671_Wolf_1_TWRP.zip

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/1081767088/tw671_blue_twrp.zip

Pic #3 TWRP 2.3.1.0 Theme

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/522342178/TW671_TWRP_2_3_1_0_UI.zip
    Wolf is currently working on his own Rom with his famous blueberry theme so if you love the theme like we all do be patient till it is stable enough and themed out like he wants it then everyone can profit! He puts in so much work for little appreciation from users so I can't blame him for stopping support for themes so when he releases his Rom be sure to check it out and give him the much needed appreciation that he deserves..just remember he OWES us nothing and does this absolutely free for us to profit from..just my 2 cents

Glad I asked. Are you going to support this ROM since you are building your own?

Nope, no support from the user's. Got to say thanks if u want to keep the person on the end motivated.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    These look really awesome :)

Its sad that only 8 people pressed the thanks button.

sent from Viper One S 2.1 BETA

Thanks for saying it. The reason this will not pulled over to the new base.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Post #2 if needed
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone