• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[Theme][2.2] HoloGlass - 4.4.3 Dialer!

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
the whole dropdown is supposed to have tint... but a few of your guys' screengrabs with the fancy PA stuff showed that the bg wasnt showing... so I

I'll throw up a test sometime. I'm busy moving this weekend though, so it might be a while. More to come!
Oh, and cool story - I'm getting officially trained to develop for Android in 2 weeks, courtesy of my company. Exciting!
I'm a stock CM user... I was talking more about settings.... Don't recall how the notification panel was (I switch back at each update, but it's still not a DD for me)

rokr1292

Feb 26, 2013
Has anyone reported not having the transparent keyboard? Carbon 1.8 on moto xt926, nova, and I've tried aosp keyboard, and Google keyboard. Can't get transparent back, though I know I had it not too long ago

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
Has anyone reported not having the transparent keyboard? Carbon 1.8 on moto xt926, nova, and I've tried aosp keyboard, and Google keyboard. Can't get transparent back, though I know I had it not too long ago
I haven't updated for the new keyboard yet, but the stock aosp keyboard in CM -should- still be transparent, or last I checked

Reactions: kitrax59

jirkasirka

Jul 10, 2012
Hello,

I want to report that I have this black flash when quitting dialer app on samsung i9070 CM10.1 nightly.
Also, I use default CM unlocker and when I go just for the unlock, it transitions flawlessly. But when I want to unlock straight to dialer or sms app, I can see my desktop with all the icons and black background for a sec before it makes the transition. I use NOVA launcher, but it is the same with trebuchet.

Other than that I just wanna thank you for this great theme, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
Hello,

I want to report that I have this black flash when quitting dialer app on samsung i9070 CM10.1 nightly.
Also, I use default CM unlocker and when I go just for the unlock, it transitions flawlessly. But when I want to unlock straight to dialer or sms app, I can see my desktop with all the icons and black background for a sec before it makes the transition. I use NOVA launcher, but it is the same with trebuchet.

Other than that I just wanna thank you for this great theme, keep up the good work.
Yeah, could never figure out what causes that... that one's been around since the alpha days :/

Thanks though!

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
Hopefully I'm in the right place... I flashed carbon 9/18 and now I get a force close when I open carbon fibers while using Holo glass theme. I got good log but don't know how to read it. Not sure if it's a rom or theme issue but I've been using Holo glass beta for the last 10 nightlies. Here's the log http://pastebin.com/h18CChgD if it's a theme problem, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

FuzzyQ

Oct 4, 2011
First of all, thank you so much for this drop-dead-gorgeous theme. Awesome work!

Sorry if I'm stating an already well-known fact here, but you can easily combine this theme with XBlast Tools using the Xposed framework to get a transparent status bar even on an otherwise unmodified Cyanogenmod.

Here are the necessary steps:
- install Xposed framework as described in the link above
- reboot
- install XBlast Tools
- activate XBlast Tools in Xposed framework ('Modules' section)
- open XBlast Tools
- under 'Status Bar' section, check 'Statusbar Background Colour' and apply colour #00000000
- reboot
- PROFIT! :D

PS: (sadly) I'm neither affiliated with the makers of Cyanogenmod or Xposed framework nor XBlast Tools.

Reactions: Mix3d and Will32

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
I
First of all, thank you so much for this drop-dead-gorgeous theme. Awesome work!

Sorry if I'm stating an already well-known fact here, but you can easily combine this theme with XBlast Tools using the Xposed framework to get a transparent status bar even on an otherwise unmodified Cyanogenmod.

Here are the necessary steps:
- install Xposed framework as described in the link above
- reboot
- install XBlast Tools
- activate XBlast Tools in Xposed framework ('Modules' section)
- open XBlast Tools
- under 'Status Bar' section, check 'Statusbar Background Colour' and apply colour #00000000
- reboot
- PROFIT! :D

PS: (sadly) I'm neither affiliated with the makers of Cyanogenmod or Xposed framework nor XBlast Tools.
Doesn't matter, this is an awesome find! Thanks man!

Update: this *does* mess with the gradient backgrounds of the pull down shade... So ima try contacting the author about a fix, or a fork of this mod just for the status bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuzzyQ

nerfredux

Oct 9, 2012
i tried doing a search beforehand, apologies if it's already mentioned:

1. when i run PA halo floating window for phone/clock/sms apps, etc., I lose the app running in the background (it just shows the wallpaper)
2. is there a way to get the original icons I had in my Quick Settings?

i'm running carbon rom 4.3.

cheers

FuzzyQ

Oct 4, 2011
I

Doesn't matter, this is an awesome find! Thanks man!

Update: this *does* mess with the gradient backgrounds of the pull down shade... So ima try contacting the author about a fix, or a fork of this mod just for the status bar.
Well thanks, but to be honest, I found this myself here. :eek:

Would be great if your theme and this mod would work together even better! :good:

Anyhow, my theme settings sometimes reset themselves to default cyanogenmod theme upon reboot. Is this likely to be one of the things that are 'still a little bit funny' with android 4.3 or is it more likely related to the fact that I forced the theme to a wrong display resolution (there was a warning about that but everything at least looks fine)? Stupid question maybe, but perhaps someone experienced the same...

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
i tried doing a search beforehand, apologies if it's already mentioned:

1. when i run PA halo floating window for phone/clock/sms apps, etc., I lose the app running in the background (it just shows the wallpaper)
2. is there a way to get the original icons I had in my Quick Settings?

i'm running carbon rom 4.3.

cheers

1. Known issue due to fundamental conflicts in how Android operates. No known fix without custom Rom integration.
2. Gotta unpack the theme and make changes to the systemUI overrides. Pm me for more details in where to look.

Well thanks, but to be honest, I found this myself here. :eek:

Would be great if your theme and this mod would work together even better! :good:

Anyhow, my theme settings sometimes reset themselves to default cyanogenmod theme upon reboot. Is this likely to be one of the things that are 'still a little bit funny' with android 4.3 or is it more likely related to the fact that I forced the theme to a wrong display resolution (there was a warning about that but everything at least looks fine)? Stupid question maybe, but perhaps someone experienced the same...
I'm using cm 10.2 right now as well, and the only funny stuff I've seen was related to xposed framework, I've never seen themes reset before. Weird... sorry if that doesn't help. Did you upgrade the nightly? Or just random reboots?

FuzzyQ

Oct 4, 2011
I'm using cm 10.2 right now as well, and the only funny stuff I've seen was related to xposed framework, I've never seen themes reset before. Weird... sorry if that doesn't help. Did you upgrade the nightly? Or just random reboots?
No problem, mate, you're doing a great job both with your theme and moderating the support thread!
I'm running nightly version 20130916 right now, I only take every fifth version or so.
The reboots where done manually for some tweaking to take effect. The theme reset didn't happen upon every reboot but every third or fourth.
Right now I'm thinking maybe XBlast Tools are somehow interfering with your theme since all of the tweaks applied where done with that mod.

I'll flash the latest nightly and see how things develop. It's no big deal anyway since I don't reboot very frequently exept for flashing new stuff. :cool:

Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Mix3d

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
No problem, mate, you're doing a great job both with your theme and moderating the support thread!
I'm running nightly version 20130916 right now, I only take every fifth version or so.
The reboots where done manually for some tweaking to take effect. The theme reset didn't happen upon every reboot but every third or fourth.
Right now I'm thinking maybe XBlast Tools are somehow interfering with your theme since all of the tweaks applied where done with that mod.

I'll flash the latest nightly and see how things develop. It's no big deal anyway since I don't reboot very frequently exept for flashing new stuff. :cool:

Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work!
I'm using xblast myself right now, and it definitely interferes with a few things, but I definitely like the transparent statusbar, so I'm trying to work around it or maybe fork his project

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Hi,
I have installed on my S3, Carbon Nightlie 09.20. In the ROM are new Settings Name Carbon Fibers.
Do not work with Hologlass. Can you please look at the times and fixed.

Thank you

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone