[THEME] AOSP GB theme for Stock DX .596

Search This thread

Natemz

Aug 15, 2010
Nashville, TN
Did this one by request. Pretty straightforward AOSP GB look for 596. Thanks to Fabolous(@bigxie) for letting me use some of the files from Apex 2.0 to save me a little time. Also I used the Swype GB keyboard from Liberty(JRummy). This theme will let us keep Blur but still have the feel of AOSP.

Most of the blue from MotoBlur should be gone but there are still a couple areas where it might pop up. I will try to fix as I find them. Three flavors to choose from: Standard AOSP GB look, AOSP GB with 10% battery and an alternate version with a glossy notification bar and 10% battery.

You must be on the deodexed 596

It is best to flash the deodexed 596 then install this zip file via Clockwork Recovery.

UPDATED 6/12/11
*Blacked out the Social Messaging widget
*More blue elements removed
Links are the same. Just download and install new zip

VERSION 1 (Standard AOSP GB) DOWNLOAD

snap20110611_175002.png
snap20110611_175005.png

VERSION 2 (AOSP with 10% battery) DOWNLOAD

snap20110611_174517.png

VERSION 3 (Glossy Notification bar and 10% battery) DOWNLOAD

snap20110611_170149.png

Last edited:

Droid0351

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks for this awesome theme. This is what the gingerbread x update should have looked like. I hated that blue dialer,blue notification bar, just hated blue in general. I have tried all the gingerbread roms out there. It seems like they remove alot of the functionality of the rom like, photo sharing without having to download the facebook app in which it sucks. Once again thxs.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Last edited:

SaurusX

Jul 31, 2010
I tried the second one with the numbers on the battery... bootlooped me. A shame, because I'd love to have this theme. I too hate the shaded blue all over the place. Maybe I'll try again later.

h8isgr8

Jul 8, 2009
This is the tits!

This is my first ever theme, but I really like it. Was running stock GB and completely hated it. This makes it almost perfect!

Now I can wait patiently for all the bugs to get worked out of CM7.

Last edited:

tebower

Jul 13, 2010
Is there something I am missing? I have tried to flash the first two of these, and with both, the right side lock slider (the one that controls volume) does not look correctly. It has a whitish tint, while the left side slider looks correct and dark grey. I ran the deodexer to get back to stock, but I would love to use this. The mismatched lock sliders are a dealbreaker.

I appreciate any work put into correcting this or helping me out to fix it.

Edit: the right slider looks correct (dark grey) when I use it and enable silent mode. When I slide it again, it turns back to white (cycles this way).

Last edited:

t0cableguy

Dec 9, 2010
Awesome theme

New to this whole thing and just put this theme on my phone. Its great for all but one thing. The select color and the "motion stop" color when you scroll and hit the end are yellow.. is there any way to get them in android green, or can you write up a tut on how to change it? I'd like to get them in the same color as the wifi/batt icons.
I paired this up with [Theme] AOSP GB Themed Blur Dialer for .596 so it may be that addition that made it this way but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks so much for the great theme!

lancem71

Sep 28, 2008
Olathe, KS
natemz....I haven't seen anything from you since I had my Storm. I know this is good if you did it.

Anyways....do you have to be rooted for this? I havent been able to root this phone yet. Thanks in advance.

t0cableguy

Dec 9, 2010
the deodexed .596 is prerooted.. so i suppose you do have to be rooted... its a pretty painless process.. search flash .596 deodexed.... do it.. no point in dealing with vz's lame unrooted mess. I am kicking myself for not sbf'ing before now... if you're already on the .596 gingerbread ota from vz you should be able to backup and reuse the backup to restore your data

ROM3000

Aug 16, 2010
New York
Awesome themes. I'm using them now. No problems so far.

I take that back. Unless I'm missing something, I no longer have the slide to unlock screen working. It automatically goes to the home screen every time now. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited:

h8isgr8

Jul 8, 2009
Will this work with .602? If not, will it be updated (please)?

EDIT: I tried installing this on manually deodexed .602 a couple times and just end up with a boot animation loop. So yeah, doesn't work with .602. :(

EDIT: EDIT: Nevermind, I'm obviously an ADB noob. I used GB_2.3.3_4.5.602_Deodexer.zip instead and all is good. This theme is working fine with .602.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corki2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will this work with .602? If not, will it be updated (please)?

EDIT: I tried installing this on manually deodexed .602 a couple times and just end up with a boot animation loop. So yeah, doesn't work with .602. :(

EDIT: EDIT: Nevermind, I'm obviously an ADB noob. I used GB_2.3.3_4.5.602_Deodexer.zip instead and all is good. This theme is working fine with .602.