Baseband version (UCUAMDL) will work with (UCUAMDB) also

1% Kryptos circle battery mod
blue clock
blue single bars
blue toggles
and some blue notification icons
carrier label removed

Also, to those trying these without a custom recovery:

1. Make sure you backup (or know where to find) a copy of your original systemui.apk, or any other files you replace. No nandroids here.

2. If you are not on at&t or rogers, do not try these without a custom recovery (twrp or cwm). Minor differences in these system files can easily cause a boot loop, which in the absence of a recovery can be a soft brick!

For odexed roms only if your deodexed DO NOT INSTALL
USE AT OWN RISK NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BREAK YOU PHONE
apk has to be pushed to /system/app with adb or a root explore

Detailed instructions we should be putting on any SystemUI modifying threads:

To install, rename existing SystemUI.apk located in /system/app/ to SystemUI.apk.bak
and then either copy and paste the new SystemUI.apk into /system/app with Root Explorer or push there using ADB

If you do NOT understand those instructions - please, stop now and do NOT attempt any modification until you are clear on them!

Kryptos Circle Battery:
SystemUI V1.5
SystemUI No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5

Kryptos Circle Battery & AOSP Bluetooth Icons:
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH V1.5
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down V1.5
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI AOSP BLUETOOTH 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5

Stock Battery in Blue (not a 1% battery):
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue V1.5
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down V1.5
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI Stock Style Battery in Blue 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5

Kryptos Circle Battery White Single Bars & Notification Icons:
SystemUI White V1.5
SystemUI White No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI White Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI White 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down V1.5
SystemUI White 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI White 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5

NO Battery:
SystemUI V1.5
SystemUI No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down No Status Bar Clock V1.5
SystemUI 100% Trans Status Bar / 50% Trans Notification Pull Down Centered Status Bar Clock V1.5

Shout outs too:
@Nottach without his systemui edit i would of never figured out how to get it to compile right http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2258025

@mrvirginia for his thread with the xhdpi battery icons http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1431618

@KryptosXLayer2 for his xxhdpi circle battery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2268601

Last edited:

alphamale99

Apr 29, 2012
Arlington TX
How do you know if your odexed? I'm only rooted but stock ROM and would LOVE to use this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Nice work man. I am just getting my feet wet with the device and haven't looked around, but I am assuming the latest version of apk tool is de-compiling this systemui no problem?

1. Make sure you backup (or know where to find) a copy of your original systemui.apk, or any other files you replace. No nandroids here.

2. If you are not on at&t, do not try these without a custom recovery (twrp or cwm). Minor differences in these system files can easily cause a boot loop, which in the absence of a recovery can be a soft brick!

Don't mean to hijack your thread bro, but this stuff is essential.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Unless you've changed anything from stock (other than rooting), youre odexed.

Task..you have an s4?? If that is the case, I am really looking forward to the at&t unlock solution coming out!

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville
Nice work man. I am just getting my feet wet with the device and haven't looked around, but I am assuming the latest version of apk tool is de-compiling this systemui no problem?

2. If you are not on at&t, do not try these without a custom recovery (twrp or cwm). Minor differences in these system files can easily cause a boot loop, which in the absence of a recovery can be a soft brick!

Don't mean to hijack your thread bro, but this stuff is essential.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Task..you have an s4?? If that is the case, I am really looking forward to the at&t unlock solution coming out!

Hijack is fine when its info for protecting the noobs

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: David Dee

alphamale99

Apr 29, 2012
Arlington TX
Hmmm when it asked if I want to delete the old system all should I have said no?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367719396157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367719396157.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,102

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville
can you make one and Remove the stupid steering wheel icon (i like to have driving mode on at all time) and the stupid eye icon (for smart stay)? thanks!

Have not looked into removing that stuff...and I think might have to do smali edits to do eye icon and I don't know smali well enough and with odexed can't do them

There might be away to make them trans so you don't see them but they would still be there and that's if them icons are in the systemui and not the framework-res apk

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville
Hmmm when it asked if I want to delete the old system all should I have said no?

Can't dubble click on it to install it has to be pushed to /system/app and if your not sure on what your doing I would wait till we get the boot loader unlocked and a custom recovery..if you mess up on the push it could cause a soft brick

Reactions: alphamale99

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

Yes I have an s4. Not sure of I'm going to keep it yet due to not really being able to justify spending all this money for this device when I already have an s3 that I'm happy with. Who knows though. I've already got my aokp builds done for it but cant flash because of the locked boot loader.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Can't dubble click on it to install it has to be pushed to /system/app and if your not sure on what your doing I would wait till we get the boot loader unlocked and a custom recovery..if you mess up on the push it could cause a soft brick

You should update the op with either detailed instructions, or warnings like crazy....otherwise you will be dealing with a thread of newbs with bricked devices.

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
You like to have your phone scream out who's calling, what text messages say, and upcoming calendar events all the time?? Yeah no thanks! haha

yeah, I really like it! why pickup phone to see who calling when phone can speak out who's calling.
you can also answer phone call without even touching the phone or looking at the phone, just say "answer".
I also like it speak out the alarm, "it's 7 AM" so I know it's time to get up and not over sleep.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Yes I have an s4. Not sure of I'm going to keep it yet due to not really being able to justify spending all this money for this device when I already have an s3 that I'm happy with. Who knows though. I've already got my aokp builds done for it but cant flash because of the locked boot loader.

You don't f**k around, do you :).

Hope you decide to keep it, always appreciated your work, although I was one of the less vocal members of your threads. Hope Ktoonz will come here as well.

To install, rename existing SystemUI.apk located in /system/app/ to SystemUI.apk.bak
and then either copy and paste the new SystemUI.apk into /system/app with Root Explorer or push there using ADB

If you do NOT understand those instructions - please, stop now and do NOT attempt any modification until you are clear on them!

Last edited:
Reactions: seru12 and StolenVW

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto

and SystemUI.odex to SystemUI.odex.bak

Good addition bro, thanks....one edit: systemui.odex should not be renamed to.bak as this is an odexed mod. Without the odex file there will be big problems.

Reactions: StolenVW
Good addition bro, thanks....one edit: systemui.odex should not be renamed to.bak as this is an odexed mod. Without the odex file there will be big problems.

Are you sure? I haven't even tried messing with anything yet, but Nottach posted those very instructions (I formatted them a little better for this thread) right here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2258025

Which one is it? People are saying they renamed odex to odex.bak and are having success with his mods....

Top Liked Posts