[THEME][APP]oZoP Modz - Full-screen Caller ID and more [v1 - Aug.6.2017]

Search This thread

shadavis08

Oct 29, 2012
For some reason when I have attempted to I can't mount system or data in twrp. Alpha nougat didn't boot on the latest version of twrp. I also have tried multiple twrps for nougat. It's been a no go. It will boot but, is glitchy and, I had a few system force closes.
You have to format the SD card and then wipe the SD card before you flash anything else if you want to go to nougat after Oreo

Reactions: scorpio76r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oZoPModz.png

I bring to you another installment from my full oZoP project.

This one is usually kept for exclusive use control by my oZoP ConTroL app, but with the many requests and lingering release of the full oZoP I felt i could try and pump some juice back into this great device by showing the power and capabilities of this beast!!

features.png

Code:
            native call recording with toggle
            choose half-screen or full-screen caller id
            custom background
            choose image from gallery
            any color solid
            any color 2 stage gradient colors
            call details text any color
            incall button text text any color
            incall dialpad numbers any color
            incall dialpad letters any color
            access to hidden service menus and settings

Screenshots

Screen Recording
    oZoP_InCallUI6501f.gif

instructions:

1. make a full backup if your current rom just to be safe
    2. download the file
    3. flash in TWRP
    4. reboot and open the new oZoP Mods InCallUI app in your app drawer
    5. show everyone and brag to them how you can do this and they can't!! HaHaHa

Deodexed rom is needed.

All other files are included.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY TESTED AND INTENDED FOR THE LG V20! For now at least. Once I get feedback from others that could change.

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST TRYING IT unless you are at the very least LG and I suspect the only viable applicants would be the G5 and v10 running Android 7.

No G6 and no other devices should even attempt to flash unless you know how to recover yourself.

(some features may not work properly because they are dependent on root and busybox installed)

I am not responsible for your mistakes or errors!!

Report bug properly to get my support
    Of course there are many way to properly report bugs and ALL of these ways have one thing in common, THEY ALL REQUIRE VERY DETAILED NOTES of the issue!

I'm not going to go deep into how detailed you could get because lets face it, most people that report improperly are the ones who don't read and probably are going to read this! HaHaHa...

To get support from me I only ask for some simple things

1. What device, and rom you are running
    2. What is the issue (no boot, fc everywhere, fc only certain app etc...)
    3. Which option did you select
    4. Did you get the install log
    5. Did you use the restore.zip option to get back running
    6. Do other choices share the same effect

That looks like a lot, but it really is the minimum amount of info need to troubleshoot!

Provide me that and I'll do my best to fix things and make this fun for everyone.

If you post things like
    "Doesn't work", "bootloop" or anyone other similar post that have no value and help development is no way, actually these kinds of post only put development behind and slow progress die the fact that anyone who cam help has to waste their time reading it!

If these kind of post ever come up, its best to ignore the lazy person and not clog the thread with flaming replies as that too slows development!

Anyway, I don't expect there to be many if any bugs! Been tested by myself and confirmed with users of this device!

BUG REPORT
    Code:
    * the option for button color is still WIP and may or may not be seen in future releases

DEVS: You are welcome to use this in your projects, BUT the files must remain together and the code must remain untouched!! You can theme them however you want, but again, the main code must stay untouched and the apps must stay together

download4d761.png

oZoP ModZ InCallUI v1

Confirmed working devices:
    Code:
    H918 - T-Mobile
    LS997 - Sprint
    VS995 - Verizon
    H990DS - Indian

G5 - Fulmics Rom

XDA:DevDB Information
    oZoP Modz InCallUI, Theme for the LG V20

Contributors
    stangdriver44

Version Information

Created 2017-08-06
    Last Updated 2017-08-06
    Post # 2 has extras. Changes you might want.

It also has the stock version icons all set to a matching color, black, and the "real" style included in the mod.

I also renamed the thread "full-screen caller id" to hopefully avoid this confusion in the future.

Caller ID is the main thing that was originally requested anyways. The other stuff is just extra.
    Ok so this when flashed creates a restore zip in ozop folder. Plus I need to do a backup as well. Now I can remove pixelphone dialer from my phone !

NO, this is not a patch method zip!

This will completely replace your existing InCallUI with ths custom one.

The only way to revert back would be manually copy the files from you system before flashing,

pull the files from the rom zip of which your are running

or restore thhe Nandroid i suggest as step 1 of the instructions.

I have tested this many time and have had some test result feedback confirming the flash went fine.

I don't see any reason to go back to stock, unless of course you like the hideous stock look with the tiny color ID and stick figure drawing for unknow callers! Hahaha.

Just flash it, you'll be pleased with what you cam do! Just check the screenies and video.

As far as Google dialer goes, I've not used it and am not familiar with it or what ot does to yoir system.

Does it effect both the main and incall dialers or just the main dialer you call out with?
    Left is main dialer amd right is incall dialer.
    main_incall.png

@stangdriver44

Thanks for this. Been waiting for a while. Some questions before flashing this.

1) Do i need a fully deodexex Stock/Custom rom?

2) Do i need the signature disabled ( patched services) mod from urs to be installed ?

Deodexed rom is needed.

All other files are included.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY TESTED AND INTENDED FOR THE LG V20! For now at least. Once I get feedback from others that could change.

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST TRYING IT unless you are at the very least LG and I suspect the only viable applicants would be the G5 and v10 running Android 7.

No G6 and no other devices should even attempt to flash unless yoi know how to recover yourself.
    How did you get your status bar like that ?

Lol, which part?

Yes, its all custom and fully customizable by you!

Not sure which part you're talking about, but I went ahead and made a screen recording of the oZoP Statusbar part 1 of 12, yes there will need to be 12 part video to cover just the statusbar options! Or a 20 min video.

Anyways, here is the video of the SB app launcher which allows you to choose any app for a shortcut with options for left/right or both.

Also the option to move signalbar and data icon to left or right side. All on-the-fly!

oZoP_SB_part1.gif
    Just flashed it on WETA 5.0.7 which is the newest one as of right meow. Phone booted up properly and nothing seems wrong. Call UI shows up properly.

Only thing I had an issue with was the phone stopped charging even though it was plugged in and the fast charging notification was even showing up but my battery icon was actually going down. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and got the charger sound but the battery icon was still discharging. I navigated to the battery menu under Android settings>General and after it loaded that menu it went from discharging to charging. Kinda weird.
    Just thought I would share for anyone else who experiences this.

Haven't experimented to much with this just yet and I realize its just the 1st version but I'm gonna be honest, I'm not a big fan of the icons. It would be great if I could have the stock icons for the buttons and numbers.

The full screen caller ID is fantastic ? great work on that. However I'm finding it very difficult to read based on the caller ID picture since you can only set one color for the text and buttons, it can be very hard to read or see the buttons. Maybe some font ehancements would help fix or alleviate the issue. Something like borders or drop shadows or something better that I'm not aware of?? The half screen option could actually benefit from this as well for the name and number field as it still can blend in depending on picture.

***I just realized that to activate the half screen caller ID option you just have to leave the full screen option unchecked lol. I thought it wasn't included yet or something and noticed that after reading about the half screen option in the OP :silly:? ***
    One little note on the half screen option is the "Hold call" icon overlaps with the call timer.

Just trying to to give some feedback on it and thanks again for porting it out from your mod so we can try it early ? Kudos!