[THEME][AROMA] Galaxy SIII for Rocket Rom v4 --- [07.06 Update v2]

Search This thread

FabreFaction

Oct 22, 2009
www.endoftheinternet.com
No digital clock as in GS III and music player duplicate music name on RR v6

Here you go............

I downloaded this from a thread on XDA but can't find the original thread so uploaded the file for your convenience.

You will need to copy the DigitalClock.apk file from the ZIP over the existing file in ROOT/SYSTEM/APP
So you will need to be rooted and have a tool like ES File Explorer that can mount ROOT/SYSTEM as writeable.
You can copy the original to your SD card for safety's sake.
Once you have the new file in the ROOT/SYSTEM/APP folder, reboot and the clock should appear.... worst case scenario is that you have to re-add the widget.

Take it easy..................... FabreFaction :)

Thanks to whoever uploaded the file to XDA in the first instance.....

Reactions: [email protected]
Sep 30, 2008
Here you go............

I downloaded this from a thread on XDA but can't find the original thread so uploaded the file for your convenience.

You will need to copy the DigitalClock.apk file from the ZIP over the existing file in ROOT/SYSTEM/APP
So you will need to be rooted and have a tool like ES File Explorer that can mount ROOT/SYSTEM as writeable.
You can copy the original to your SD card for safety's sake.
Once you have the new file in the ROOT/SYSTEM/APP folder, reboot and the clock should appear.... worst case scenario is that you have to re-add the widget.

Take it easy..................... FabreFaction :)

Thanks to whoever uploaded the file to XDA in the first instance.....

I tried that , and then thanks my friend

techyrock

Oct 26, 2010
Jilin
Nice job!! Love the SIII Icons! my NoteSIII homescreen is now complete! the only problem is that the systemUI.apk is causing my com.android.phone process to FC.

A question...whats the difference between the stock SystemUI.apk and the new SystemUI.apk?

delete the SystemUI.odex or incase for backup rename it SystemUI.odexold

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update v2
    Ported to v4! New installer as well called Aroma. This installer includes touchdrivers and I've calibrated it for our device as well as added our hardwarebuttons in case you like using Vol up/down to navigate, lol. Mind you, the Note has horrible recognition at the edges of the screen. Anyways... No need to flash the stock look theme as this already does that. Added touchwiz themed dialer. I've added a fully working S Voice with correct voice as opposed to the other APKs out there. This one is just fine and does not use Googles TTS.​

If you have ANY new system app installed this will FAIL! From a fresh install to S Voice instead of Media I only had 8k free in /system. It won't be much more if you chose Media instead of Audio.

WORDS OF CAUTION:
    Look. RRv4 is a TW rom, meaning it's a huge-ass rom. Because of it, you'll have to choose between installing S Voice or the SIII audio files. If you try to install both you'll get an error and you'll be stuck with no audio... If you WANT to install both, you CAN if you pre-emptively delete /system/media/audio folder and a few APKs in /system/app before installing this zip. Or you can MOVE the apks over as data apps. Anyways, that's why I can only condone installing this after a CLEAN install. You can still install the theme no problems, but choosing either S Voice or Media without having sufficient space... yeah.

ALWAYS CHOOSE TO SAVE LOG JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!
    If after choosing reboot it goes back to Recovery with an error, send me your logfile.

S Voice instructions:
    Go to settings
    Go to Language and input
    Go to Voice recognition
    Change to Samsung powered by Vlingo
    Go to Text-to-speech output
    Change to Samsung TTS
    Have fun with the Siri-wannabe

After bootup, go to Play Store and install YouTube. I had to delete it as System app because of size constraints. :)

Download link for CWM-flashable zip DOWNLOAD ME!

--------------------------------------------

Update v1.6
    Ported to v3. Thanks to eybee including SecLauncher2.apk and widgets, this .zip is a BIT lighter. Flash rom, reboot, go back to recovery after initial boot is done, and flash my .zip.​

--------------------------------------------

Update v1.5.2
    Added Galaxy S III widgets and audio. Weather does not contain the dreaded, ugly starburst with the number 1 or 2 in it. This contains eybees latest Data toggle in dropdown menu WITH the latest batteryfix. Enjoy my updater-script upon installation. :eek:

Mirror link for CWM-flashable zip courtesy of xda890 DOWLNOAD ME!

If you do not see the lyrics to Rebecca Black - Friday upon installation (after progress bar has disappeared to the right side, lol), then you have installed the wrong zip and that's why you still have the battery bug.

Tons of quick updates. :D

EDIT ADD: Do not install these if you're on Rocket Rom v2. Will update it tomorrow for v2.
    I might have just uploaded stock 1.5 (or rather, renamed old 1.5 to 1.5.1 instead of the correct zip) instead of 1.5.1 on accident. Will upload new one right now. Give me 15min to upload. :)

Thankfully the .zip I have on my phone works just fine so I didn't have to go through the trouble of editing things right now.

EDIT ADD: Btw, battery actually is borked. Seems eybee added the toggle to the old apk. Will tell him and upload new again. Canceling current upload.
    What rom are you running? That APK only has a few icons changed. Mainly the Settings icon in notification area and other places. It's not an important APK for desktop-aesthetics, really. Hope you backed up your old one. :)
    You have not themed tge lidroid.apk in framework directory. So toggles are the same that are in RRV3. No S3 style there. Also status bar, and the whole systemui.apk does not have the theme,so you only themed the restbof framework and the apks

Toggles will not be themed for now. This theme just adds the icons. The reason for this is that I currently roll a stock Android rom for app development. I have renovations to do in my house as well as an app to work on so taking a few hours scouring xmls is out of the question. If eybee rolls out a stocklook theme I'll toss the theme into that for a stock feel.

Again, the apks only contain updated pngs and not any xmls.

To be nice, though, I might take half an hour off to check out a theme for toggle later today.. ;)

Edit add: Rolf that's what I get for typing this over the course of an hour long ****. Ended up contradicting myself. Anyways, the last statement stands. I'll check out the toggletheme later today.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone