• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Theme Chooser] retroPlus *mdpi only atm* [alpha] *7/6/2011*

Search This thread

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
retronr.png

This started out as a theme based upon the icons from the new Google + service but became something completely different...a retro *80's* style theme. :D

What is themed:

Framework and system ui
System icons
Settings Icons
Deskclock
Music
Go Launcher EX
Stock Launcher
Dialer
Music, Genie and Power Control Widgets
Themed Stock Keyboard
Support for Upward Spiral's Theme Chooser Wallpaper App
Support for ZduneX25's Theme Patch for semi transparent status bar (this is different for this theme...it is used as an effect more than for a semi transparent status bar) patch it and see :D

Todo List:

finish a few odds and ends for mdpi (adw and launcher pro support)
launch full Hdpi support, almost finished :D

Instructions:

1. Download "retroPlus.apk"
located in the attachments of this post.
2. Place on the root of your sd card
3. Using a file explorer, install the apk
4. Open theme chooser
5. Select "retroPlus"
6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway.
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

Attachments

• retroPlus.apk
    6.3 MB · Views: 9,283

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
You need to start putting these on the market for like $0.99 ish or something. I'd buy them just to support your work. I've got a copy of all your apks on my SD, time to add this one to my collection :D

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
Of all the themes I've seen come and go, this is my absolute favorite. It has lots of color but not overdone like alot of themers tend to do. It fits together so nicely. Status bar is my favorite part.

Can't wait to see your all original creation. If its anything like this and your miui theme, its gonna blow the panties off all the other themes out there.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
EPIC win. I am liking that you were going for a Google + style look. And to get a retro look the theme actually ties into my work area very nicely. Its odd that I have a mytouch3g but I keep coming to this section for the best of the best in themes. Def awesome and I look forward to what you have in stored for this theme as well as your ultimate design you have in stored.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    retronr.png

This started out as a theme based upon the icons from the new Google + service but became something completely different...a retro *80's* style theme. :D

What is themed:

Framework and system ui
    System icons
    Settings Icons
    Deskclock
    Music
    Go Launcher EX
    Stock Launcher
    Dialer
    Music, Genie and Power Control Widgets
    Themed Stock Keyboard
    Support for Upward Spiral's Theme Chooser Wallpaper App
    Support for ZduneX25's Theme Patch for semi transparent status bar (this is different for this theme...it is used as an effect more than for a semi transparent status bar) patch it and see :D

Todo List:

finish a few odds and ends for mdpi (adw and launcher pro support)
    launch full Hdpi support, almost finished :D

Instructions:

1. Download "retroPlus.apk"
    located in the attachments of this post.
    2. Place on the root of your sd card
    3. Using a file explorer, install the apk
    4. Open theme chooser
    5. Select "retroPlus"
    6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway.
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!
    Changelog

*7/6/2011*

Initial Release MDPI
    Nice I like this.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

thanks, it's just something different....everything i'm doing is actually building up to something...i'm working on a theme that has all my own images, nothing from any other rom or theme....:D
    Wont install on my nexus s ?

mdpi only atm..

if you have the time, I'm dying to see this on my droid x