[Theme] Community Hero Mix Version Cyan 4.0.4 updated 8/30 (minor edits)

Search This thread

khuonk

Jul 10, 2008
first off, all credits goes to everyone that helped on this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541242 (sorry just too many names to list)
see above thread for more details on this theme.

This is a modified Community Hero Mix with some gloss.(minor edits)
-ted417 power widget and widget backgrounds.
-advanced launcher by irrenhaus - set multiple screens, manage folders in launcher.
-better browser by Loccy - multi-touch zoom, double tap zoom, not title bar for more view space.

Remix
- sleek launcher art inspired by Ohmarni.

*this is for Cyanogen 4.0.4 Rom.
HERO - http://www.4shared.com/file/128778725/9fd6b986/mt3ghero.html
Remix - http://www.4shared.com/file/128853411/ed47f6b1/androidRemix.html

HERO-
1251604894980.png
1251604974941.png
1251605019422.png
1251605052311.png

Remix-
1251641722463.png

Last edited:

eltigroUK

Jun 25, 2009
first off all credit goes to everyone that helped on this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541242 (sorry just too many names to list)
see above thread for more details on this theme.

This is a modified Community Hero Mix with some gloss and Barina launcher. i just switched the vista launcher art to the hero launcher art. i used barina's because its an advanced launcher, so i can set as many home screen as i want.

*this is for Cyanogen 4.0.1 Rom.
theme - http://www.4shared.com/file/126659562/3f45a1b2/mt3gHERO.html

1250863375685.png

1250863331053.png

1250863407711.png

1250863448264.png

1250863572601.png

1250863650804.png

just flashed, man its da bomB

juanavila

Aug 5, 2009
My only issue is: How do I flash this? I know it's kind of an annoying nube question, but I just need some hand-holding one time and I should be good from there. I have root access and ADB Access setup on my Windows XP Machine, and I downloaded the Theme file from the OP's link, however the instructions on here are a little complicated and I tend to get lost. Sorry, but any help is definitely appreciated!

*EDIT* Never mind, you guys, I decided to just copy the file.zip to my SD Card and apply the "update" via FastBoot and it seems to have installed fine. This is EXACTLY the theme I've been looking for. Thanks to every single person that put in some effort into creating this theme!

Last edited:

motivecc

May 24, 2008
absolutely love the theme, unfortunately it slows down the phone... also everytime i go into any memory intensive program (and even some not so) like messaging, gtalk, even the htc music app, my home screen has to reload... i guess it could be my fault since i have 5 home screen pages setup all with internet active widgets, but without the theme and the stock cyanogen 4.0.1 ROM, i didn't have this problem before...

guess i'll have to wait for an android device with more RAM

edit: also for some reason, this theme package made my charging LED's stop working

Last edited:

eltigroUK

Jun 25, 2009
absolutely love the theme, unfortunately it slows down the phone... also everytime i go into any memory intensive program (and even some not so) like messaging, gtalk, even the htc music app, my home screen has to reload... i guess it could be my fault since i have 5 home screen pages setup all with internet active widgets, but without the theme and the stock cyanogen 4.0.1 ROM, i didn't have this problem before...

guess i'll have to wait for an android device with more RAM

edit: also for some reason, this theme package made my charging LED's stop working

hmm that is strange. i haven't had any of those issues. are you coming from the stock cyanogen 4.01 or a previous theme?

ET

khuonk

Jul 10, 2008
i dont have any of those issues either. wish i can help u with it but im kinda new at this too. my only suggestion is, if its not too much of a hassle, wipe your phone, reinstall the cynogen 4.0.1 rom, and then the theme again.

motivecc

May 24, 2008
i'm using the stock 4.0.1, no modifications... i've tried several times, and tried a fresh install, but after i download and install all my programs that i want and place the widgets i want on the homescreen it lags down, and the home screen load problem starts to show up... i know i could use less widgets, but i'd rather not since it works perfectly fine without this theme...

aj255

Nov 13, 2008
Amityville
mine is hanging endlessly i reinstalled it like 3 times but it still hangs...and i wiped it all three times...im gonna leave it for like an hour and see what happens

motivecc

May 24, 2008
i know it seems odd as i've taken a look through this package, but something in this theme update.zip is causing some kind of memory leak on cyanogen 4.0.1... after a day or so of use, my phone starts to have to load the home screen after every program that i open, and i start to notice a major slow down in opening and running applications, although it seems to not affect how fast the home screens run...

i could be cyanogen's rom itself, but i ran it three days straight without turning it off without this issue... i have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with compcache compression... i may fiddle and create a userinit.sh script to see if i can tweak some settings... i have a LOT of programs and am going to slowly see if one of them is the culprit as well...

EDIT: after some more research into the issue, i'm pretty sure its compcache that is causing all the problems, and not entirely the theme... i think i would be safe to assume that the slightly higher graphics sizes of the theme may be adding to the issue, but i don't think i can really say that its the theme thats at fault... i will play around with my userinit.sh settings and play around with backing_swap, swappiness, and compcache sizes and report my findings

Last edited:

eltigroUK

Jun 25, 2009
i just got 4.0.2 on my phone today. i'll post the updated theme when i get home.

currently running 4.01 with ure modded theme, how can i u/g to 4.02 without a wipe n flash.

will the 4.02 upgrade just trash this theme and make the phone unbootable?

or can i simply go from 4.01 to 4.02 then do the newly supplied 4.02 theme

thx

et

rizoh66

Apr 23, 2007
Salt City, Utah
currently running 4.01 with ure modded theme, how can i u/g to 4.02 without a wipe n flash.

will the 4.02 upgrade just trash this theme and make the phone unbootable?

or can i simply go from 4.01 to 4.02 then do the newly supplied 4.02 theme

thx

et

I installed 4.0.2 and then installed the Hero theme, and my MT3g just hung on the green MT3g screen. So it would be wise to wait for the update from khuonk hopefully later today.

ezy1022

Aug 24, 2009
I installed 4.0.2 and then installed the Hero theme, and my MT3g just hung on the green MT3g screen. So it would be wise to wait for the update from khuonk hopefully later today.

you sure it hung? when i updated to 4.0.2 it took forever at that screen...but eventually it went through...

nextelbuddy

Aug 13, 2009

i got the same thing.

im on 4.0.2 and flashed this theme and it hangs at the Green Mytouch splash screen and i left it there for abotu 10 min no go so i wipes and reflashed 4.0.2 back on it and will try another theme.

my 4.0.2 never hung that long even with the google Chrome theme i downloaded earlier today.

Parker777

Aug 21, 2009
Hey all , I know this is a pretty dumb/noob question but I really has respect no idea how to flash this theme . I have cm 4.0.2 cm updater 3.5 and cm recovery flasher. Sorry for the lameness of my noobness but thanx to anyone who is kind enough to help me out.

nextelbuddy

Aug 13, 2009
Hey all , I know this is a pretty dumb/noob question but I really has respect no idea how to flash this theme . I have cm 4.0.2 cm updater 3.5 and cm recovery flasher. Sorry for the lameness of my noobness but thanx to anyone who is kind enough to help me out.

well for now this wont work anyways until the OP udpates their theme.

but if it did work then you would simply copy the ZIp file you downloaded and copy it to your SD card. once copied power down the phone and hold HOME and POWER to boot into recovery. once in recovery choose option choose upsate from SD card and you just choose the downloaded ZIp file and it will apply. once done reboot phone and the theme would be applied.

always make a nandroid backup as well if you want the option is in the recovery area as well.