theme creator beta from Sony

Search This thread

Inceptic

Jul 28, 2013
I have problem with this program, can't export any images to theme this option is off, some1 now how turn on?

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

CroNoob

Nov 30, 2012
Valhalla
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Don't have Xperia device but I'll check that as soon as I can...

If we could add our own assets and program will build 9.png that will be great...
This program could be awesome in a future if Sony continue improving and working on it...

Right now theme creator it's kinda slow, buggy and not friendly to use, theme creator does not offer much customization, otherwise you can do magic through photoshop, but they did not offer any template other then stock one. I would like to see templates with examples of which part is used for which asset, they made one huge file (over 120 mb) and put every system part that could be themed, if they separate every different part that would be really awesome, now you got to edit everything inside one file, it's not that hard to do that, but its really confusing, you need to visit their tutorial for every part, i don't really like that, it would took me ages to make one theme that i really like. It's good to see that Sony actually cares about users of their smartphones and i really really hope they will make more improvements while it's still in beta phase. Or they should make theme creator as standard application not completely java based with more options inside app or make more templates with less content, just to be easier to overview, edit and generally clearly.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Right now theme creator it's kinda slow, buggy and not friendly to use, theme creator does not offer much customization, otherwise you can do magic through photoshop, but they did not offer any template other then stock one. I would like to see templates with examples of which part is used for which asset, they made one huge file (over 120 mb) and put every system part that could be themed, if they separate every different part that would be really awesome, now you got to edit everything inside one file, it's not that hard to do that, but its really confusing, you need to visit their tutorial for every part, i don't really like that, it would took me ages to make one theme that i really like. It's good to see that Sony actually cares about users of their smartphones and i really really hope they will make more improvements while it's still in beta phase. Or they should make theme creator as standard application not completely java based with more options inside app or make more templates with less content, just to be easier to overview, edit and generally clearly.
Actually, I planned to use it one as a converter and compiler... nothing more.

I built many themes and I don't need program for theming...
But...
It could make themers life little easier...
Actually, I wrote first tutorial "how to built themes and theme Sony UI" when Sony released their first theme engine...so I really believe we'll find our way to get maximum from this program.

We know which asset is for what and I'm sure this program could only save few min or hour of boring merging and compiling...

Sony will continue to polish this app, I'm sure...
I'm also sure we'll have great app/program soon...

One awesome thing that I would like to see in the future is implementation of this app into ROM and theming OS in a real time..

ivoda

Mar 16, 2010
Belgrade
I own E3, and I replaced nav buttons , but they stays the same old... There's no way to change some bckgrnds, too...

Last edited:

TheFamilyMan

Jun 30, 2012
Indiana
Xperia Theme Creator

I don't know if everyone is understanding the nature of the Xperia Theme Creator, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS6 IS REQUIRED. Without Adobe Photoshop CS6 this application will not work - period. I have earlier versions of Adobe Creative Suite and I can confirm 100% that XTC v0.0.1 BETA will NOT function at all.

I stand corrected in advance if you have Adobe Photoshop CS6 which in turn would allow XTC v0.0.1 BETA to properly function.

Just my 2 cents!

Reactions: XDAample

josephnero

Mar 23, 2011
Sanford NC
I don't know if everyone is understanding the nature of the Xperia Theme Creator, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS6 IS REQUIRED. Without Adobe Photoshop CS6 this application will not work - period. I have earlier versions of Adobe Creative Suite and I can confirm 100% that XTC v0.0.1 BETA will NOT function at all.

I stand corrected in advance if you have Adobe Photoshop CS6 which in turn would allow XTC v0.0.1 BETA to properly function.

Just my 2 cents!

yeah.i tried with my old photoshop CS3 and as you said it requires cs6

smlee4

Mar 16, 2015
Hi,

I'm glad to have found this discussion forum.

I'm using a MacBook 10.9. I find that, every time I add a new image, it'll take ages to load the preview. If I click on other sections, it'll again take ages to load. Anyone else having this problem? In the end, I had to quit the Creator and launch it again. It's so much faster this way.

Thanks for any help rendered!

smlee4

Mar 16, 2015
beta 2 is out and its working fine with S5 tho.the main question is does it support lollipop ??? i dont think so .

hey, what does it mean by "support lollipop"? my phone is using 5.0.2. I had the back/home/overview buttons images in the theme creator, however, they don't show up when I installed it on my phone. Is that related to "support lollipop"?

treavtreav

Jun 5, 2015
CONFUSED

ive use sony themes creator but when i create some navigation bar. i change back button, home , and overview but the back button got zoom idk why. i insert the same resolution image but only the back button got zoom. and another problem that i ve is in background. its said we should insert 2 image 1 for landscape and 1 for port but when i rotate my phone the image still on the same position but got zoom again. idk why so many bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.sony is working on a theme creator program.making themes will get alot easier hopefully.get it from here
    http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...devices-with-the-new-theme-creator-beta-tool/
    Actually, I planned to use it one as a converter and compiler... nothing more.

I built many themes and I don't need program for theming...
    But...
    It could make themers life little easier...
    Actually, I wrote first tutorial "how to built themes and theme Sony UI" when Sony released their first theme engine...so I really believe we'll find our way to get maximum from this program.

We know which asset is for what and I'm sure this program could only save few min or hour of boring merging and compiling...

Sony will continue to polish this app, I'm sure...
    I'm also sure we'll have great app/program soon...

One awesome thing that I would like to see in the future is implementation of this app into ROM and theming OS in a real time..
    Hi.sony is working on a theme creator program.making themes will get alot easier hopefully.get it from here
    http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...devices-with-the-new-theme-creator-beta-tool/

If we could add our own assets and program will build 9.png that will be great...
    This program could be awesome in a future if Sony continue improving and working on it...
    Great minds think alike! ;)

Sent from my D6603 using XDA Free mobile app

we might see some awesome themes flowing around soon.maybe some of your awesome works too