[THEME][Dec/21 @ v1.3] PCB Sense w/Animations (2.10 + 2.29)

Search This thread

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Sense 2.1/3.0 Installable .APK version is here -->[SKIN .APK] PCB Sense (for shiny new Sense 2.1 + Gingerbread ROMs!)

PCB Sense Theme w/Animations + New HTC Clock Widget

** (minor) UPDATE [02.12.2k11] ** - Links have been updated! Downloads should be working again (no more Dropbox 509 errors!)

** UPDATE [12.21.2k10] ** - v1.3 release containing:

• Optimized, properly compiled .pngs + .apks, for both v2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2.
  • Made small edits to a few .pngs
  • Fixed the "Restore Clock Widget ONLY" + "Complete Uninstall" flashable .zips (previous ones had wrong .apk packaged, which was still my theme! sorry!!)
  • Added transparent background for Signal Strength icons (+ 1px black outline to distinguish better from the theme image behind)
  • All battery mods have been removed from both versions (cook your own in the UOT Kitchen, help is below near Downloads)
  • All animations are available in both 2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2, as well as a "no animations" package
  • Screenshots not yet updated for v1.3, but are very similar

• NOTE - It is quite tough to maintain so many different versions of this theme, as each framework version has 6 flashable .zips to optimize, compile, package and upload, making for a total of 12. It's also tough to keep track of everything so as not to mix anything up, therefore I think that this will be the last version for the 2.10.405.2 series of frameworks. I wish I could contribute more time to this theme, however I would like to try that time at getting a Notification Widget version out, or even a version for AOSP-based ROMs (minus the Sense component of course!). I think that the theme is quite polished, so a last release for 2.10.405.2 seems valid. You never know though, but this is my estimation...your thoughts are welcomed.

I've been working on this theme for a while, and I wanted to release it since it seems the Desire scene has slowed down a bit...(we perfected everything too soon! :D) Anyways, PCB Sense is a theme which replaces images in framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk, and is meant to be a subtle addition to the already smooth theme that HTC has created. For me personally, something had to be added to make it unique from all other Sense owners, and that something I came up with is a slick circuit board pattern. The main PCB pattern was obtained from the Android Theme for Chrome, so respects to the creators, which I then blended cleanly with the stock Sense images.

There are 4 different versions of this theme, all based on which kind of animation (in framework-res.apk) that you want to use. I've taken the time to pre-package all animations into separate copies of my theme so it's easiest for you to get a good setup quickly. Videos of the animations can be found below, beside their Download counterparts, but feel free to flash them yourselves, as there's nothing like trying them out with your own tests ;) It might also be a good idea to clear your Dalvik-Cache immediately after flashing this .zip (while in the same recovery session).

I am not going to personalize a copy for anyone, however I will take your feedback of any suggestions. Note that you can just rip the images out of my theme to customize your own, but PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE (or offer for download) ANY THEME THAT CONTAINS THESE IMAGES I'VE CREATED. If you really need to for any reason, please send me a PM first. I also plan to port this theme to the New Sense once I get some more time.

Note that the ascii android character/text is based off of frysee's original work! Thanks to him for allowing me to use it!

Anyways, I'm blabbering on, and images of themes certainly do a better job of explaining themselves (I left the images high-res/native so that you can see the fine detail):

Preview Images:

scar45-pcb-theme-preview-0.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-6.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-00.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-5.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-4.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-3.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-2.png
scar45-pcb-theme-preview-1.png

Tested On: LeeDrOiD v2.2f + v2.3 / Compatible With: any Sense ROM with HTC Build number 2.10.405.2 or 2.29.405.2 (may work with other Sense versions, but untested!)

Downloads:
(all .zips are flashable via your favourite Recovery, but must be installed AFTER FIRST BOOT if you've just flashed a new ROM. Also remember to wipe your Dalvik-Cache just after flashing the PCB Sense Theme .zip)

* Donations are greatly accepted. Your support to all devs and designers on this forum helps to keep them (and I) inspired to work on more great things for the community!

Thanks in advance everyone, and I truly hope you like my theme...I'm trying to save up some cash to surprise my lady with her own Android phone for Christmas since she is in dire need, and also for putting up with my constant phone tinkering!

Customizing/Adding Battery Mod:

[1] Go to the UOT Kitchen, customize your theme throughout each step
[2] Ensure you choose to add the animation you want (UOT kitchen version has animations removed by default)
[3] Choose PCB Sense base 2.xx.405.2 Theme from the drop-down menu on the framework-res.apk step (near the end)
[4] Save this generated .zip file along with the PCB Sense Theme version of your choosing to your SDCARD.
[5] Flash the PCB Sense Theme version via Recovery first
[6] Secondly, flash the generated UOT .zip (overwrites 'framework-res.apk' only)
[7] wipe your Dalvik-Cache, and reboot to normal Android.

Restoring the Stock HTC Clock Widget:

If you'd prefer to use the original flip clock widget from HTC, then you can simply flash the appropriate build # .zip to restore ONLY the 'HtcClockWidget.apk' file to /system/app.
Note that you'll need to use the correct version as always:

• 2.10.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip
  • 2.29.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip

Uninstalling / Reverting back to Stock:

Download either flashable .zip file[/url] to revert the modified files back to stock, effectively uninstalling ALL of the changes that this theme/mod makes.

Last edited:

BMelz

Aug 10, 2010
Rocking the fly in right now and loving it..... The pcb looks much nicer than I was expecting.. Thanks soo much scar45, great work as usual.......
....cheers.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

esk02k

Mar 26, 2010
London
Amazing work scar and inspiring! You're right about
The desire being almost perfect. We can do
Just about anything now.

devvi

Jun 19, 2010
Download worked, flashed it. 1. Boot took like 5mins but everything works as it should. Looks really good, thank you for your effort!
Damn, forget your Wallpaper :) Must have it too :p

/Dev

shakeebkazia

Nov 23, 2010
Awesome.....but i dint get the wallpaper....looked in wallpapers,htc wallpapers and also live wallpapers, it isnt there

N3m3515

Sep 24, 2008
can i change the icons without loosing the statusbar and the pulldown menu?

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
This is fantastic, I've been a huge fan of both the Android theme for Chrome as well as the gMail theme, this is just like that, and very good!

I might try it later, but I use LauncherPro so I might not see it as often as I like

tarmacsurfer

Dec 24, 2008
Very nice theme, thanks for the work (and the rest of the stuff you've put into the Desire community).

The only problem for me is the battery indicator, I prefer the grey circle mod. Tried flashing my usual UOT zip and sure enough it gives the indicator but kills the flip animations and so forth. I'm going to poke around in the framework and see if I can work out how to switch things myself.

Anyone offering advice or links on the subject has my thanks, I'm currently on a steep learning curve and exploring the framework folder trying to work out exactly what is what. Google appears to be failing me, not that it's not giving answers, just the sheer volume is a little baffling.

DesirableHTC

Jul 4, 2010
Leeds
well done scar45. Truly great work.... just about to install the flip version...... Only thing i will miss is my buttonized bar in the drop down notification bar....... But this theme looks extra cool!!

blu3angel

Mar 25, 2009
Really nice... But is it possible to update this theme with the [PORT][MOD] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense based ROMs? Then i think it would be perfect!!!

Last edited:

omniwolf

Jan 13, 2005
sydney
Really nice... But is it possible to update this theme with the [PORT][MOD] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense based ROMs? Then i think it would be perfect!!!

i second this!

i'm seriously thinking of using this theme anyway, but losing the notification pull down widgets would hurt.
great looking theme!

i use launcherPro as well, and it looks like the only actual sense widget that you would miss the customisations on would be the weather widget? something i can live without :)

mightykenneth

Apr 5, 2008
manila
i second this!

i'm seriously thinking of using this theme anyway, but losing the notification pull down widgets would hurt.
great looking theme!

i use launcherPro as well, and it looks like the only actual sense widget that you would miss the customisations on would be the weather widget? something i can live without :)

+1 great work! but I lost my pull down widget.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 2.1/3.0 Installable .APK version is here -->[SKIN .APK] PCB Sense (for shiny new Sense 2.1 + Gingerbread ROMs!)

PCB Sense Theme w/Animations + New HTC Clock Widget

** (minor) UPDATE [02.12.2k11] ** - Links have been updated! Downloads should be working again (no more Dropbox 509 errors!)

** UPDATE [12.21.2k10] ** - v1.3 release containing:

• Optimized, properly compiled .pngs + .apks, for both v2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2.
    • Made small edits to a few .pngs
    • Fixed the "Restore Clock Widget ONLY" + "Complete Uninstall" flashable .zips (previous ones had wrong .apk packaged, which was still my theme! sorry!!)
    • Added transparent background for Signal Strength icons (+ 1px black outline to distinguish better from the theme image behind)
    • All battery mods have been removed from both versions (cook your own in the UOT Kitchen, help is below near Downloads)
    • All animations are available in both 2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2, as well as a "no animations" package
    • Screenshots not yet updated for v1.3, but are very similar

• NOTE - It is quite tough to maintain so many different versions of this theme, as each framework version has 6 flashable .zips to optimize, compile, package and upload, making for a total of 12. It's also tough to keep track of everything so as not to mix anything up, therefore I think that this will be the last version for the 2.10.405.2 series of frameworks. I wish I could contribute more time to this theme, however I would like to try that time at getting a Notification Widget version out, or even a version for AOSP-based ROMs (minus the Sense component of course!). I think that the theme is quite polished, so a last release for 2.10.405.2 seems valid. You never know though, but this is my estimation...your thoughts are welcomed.

I've been working on this theme for a while, and I wanted to release it since it seems the Desire scene has slowed down a bit...(we perfected everything too soon! :D) Anyways, PCB Sense is a theme which replaces images in framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk, and is meant to be a subtle addition to the already smooth theme that HTC has created. For me personally, something had to be added to make it unique from all other Sense owners, and that something I came up with is a slick circuit board pattern. The main PCB pattern was obtained from the Android Theme for Chrome, so respects to the creators, which I then blended cleanly with the stock Sense images.

There are 4 different versions of this theme, all based on which kind of animation (in framework-res.apk) that you want to use. I've taken the time to pre-package all animations into separate copies of my theme so it's easiest for you to get a good setup quickly. Videos of the animations can be found below, beside their Download counterparts, but feel free to flash them yourselves, as there's nothing like trying them out with your own tests ;) It might also be a good idea to clear your Dalvik-Cache immediately after flashing this .zip (while in the same recovery session).

I am not going to personalize a copy for anyone, however I will take your feedback of any suggestions. Note that you can just rip the images out of my theme to customize your own, but PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE (or offer for download) ANY THEME THAT CONTAINS THESE IMAGES I'VE CREATED. If you really need to for any reason, please send me a PM first. I also plan to port this theme to the New Sense once I get some more time.

Note that the ascii android character/text is based off of frysee's original work! Thanks to him for allowing me to use it!

Anyways, I'm blabbering on, and images of themes certainly do a better job of explaining themselves (I left the images high-res/native so that you can see the fine detail):

Preview Images:

scar45-pcb-theme-preview-0.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-6.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-00.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-5.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-4.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-3.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-2.png
    scar45-pcb-theme-preview-1.png

Tested On: LeeDrOiD v2.2f + v2.3 / Compatible With: any Sense ROM with HTC Build number 2.10.405.2 or 2.29.405.2 (may work with other Sense versions, but untested!)

Downloads:
    (all .zips are flashable via your favourite Recovery, but must be installed AFTER FIRST BOOT if you've just flashed a new ROM. Also remember to wipe your Dalvik-Cache just after flashing the PCB Sense Theme .zip)

* Donations are greatly accepted. Your support to all devs and designers on this forum helps to keep them (and I) inspired to work on more great things for the community!

Thanks in advance everyone, and I truly hope you like my theme...I'm trying to save up some cash to surprise my lady with her own Android phone for Christmas since she is in dire need, and also for putting up with my constant phone tinkering!

Customizing/Adding Battery Mod:

[1] Go to the UOT Kitchen, customize your theme throughout each step
    [2] Ensure you choose to add the animation you want (UOT kitchen version has animations removed by default)
    [3] Choose PCB Sense base 2.xx.405.2 Theme from the drop-down menu on the framework-res.apk step (near the end)
    [4] Save this generated .zip file along with the PCB Sense Theme version of your choosing to your SDCARD.
    [5] Flash the PCB Sense Theme version via Recovery first
    [6] Secondly, flash the generated UOT .zip (overwrites 'framework-res.apk' only)
    [7] wipe your Dalvik-Cache, and reboot to normal Android.

Restoring the Stock HTC Clock Widget:

If you'd prefer to use the original flip clock widget from HTC, then you can simply flash the appropriate build # .zip to restore ONLY the 'HtcClockWidget.apk' file to /system/app.
    Note that you'll need to use the correct version as always:

• 2.10.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip
    • 2.29.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip

Uninstalling / Reverting back to Stock:

Download either flashable .zip file[/url] to revert the modified files back to stock, effectively uninstalling ALL of the changes that this theme/mod makes.

Hey all,

The Dropbox links are having issues at the moment, as Dropbox themselves sent me an e-mail to say that I have been consuming too much bandwidth, so they disable the public links for a few hours/days. Trying again later should solve your 'unable to download' issues, and when I get a sec, I'll try to host them on my own server. I think this bandwidth consumption also has something to do with the fact that the LeeDrOiD ROMs are also under my own Dropbox account!

I will update when there is news though. Thanks!
    Originally Posted by kss207rc: "Can you make the pcb themes(2.29.405.2 build) with the standard htc clock pleaseee...I liked more the 2.10.405.2 look...thank you."

+1

Love everything else!

Thanks! Glad you guys are enjoying it!! Anyways, as per your request, I've attached 2 new files to the original post (near the bottom) that will restore your HtcClockWidget.apk back to stock. This should allow you to use the un-skinned flip clock again. Just make sure you choose the correct version (2.10 or 2.29).
    Hi, thanks for the great theme. I just wanted to ask where is it possible to get the wallpaper you are using on your screenshots...thanks

Sure, not a problem...it's linked to in the original post, but I can put it here for you again :p --> http://leedroid.protogenlabs.com/images/scar45-pcb-theme-wallpaper.png

Hello,

I´ve flashed the "bounce"- version (the newer one). I´m running LeeDroid 2.3, but the effects (seen on the youtube-vid) only apperars in some windows...

In the video you show that the pages for example in the "Settings"-Section will turn oround if you choose them.

This is one of the effects I´m missing on my phone...is there anything I can do to get them?

EDIT: Is it normal that in the UOT Kitchen the effects doesnt´t work with LeeDroid 2.3?
    I´ve chosen the framework-file for Leedroid 2.3, which is already uploaded there...

The circle battery will appear after flashing the mod, but the effect will not...any chance to get the FLIP-effect combined with the circle battery?

Hi blowy666, you must note that those videos were not created by me, and they're also showcasing the animations on a different device. I have also noticed what you're saying about the Settings dialog. What's weird is that entering/diving down into Settings options does not do the animation, but when you press the BACK key and go back out, the animation does play.

I will keep my eyes out for any Desire/HTC-optimized animations and add them to any newer versions of my theme, but this is the best that we have to work with currently.

Speaking of newer versions, I have updated this theme to v1.2a, and changes are at the top of the Original Post (please read them there)...one important thing to note (and mendozinas, this one is for you), is that I've added back in the 'services.jar' file which will ensure the Transparent Notification Pulldown works in case the ROM you're using does not support it. Mendozinas, you may want to update your UOT sources with this latest v1.2a version of my 2.29.405.2 theme (the older 2.10.405.2 should still be fine).

So remember, go check the first post of this thread to see what's new!
    Thanks for this theme Scar45. Flashed the Fly In version and is brilliant.

Glad you like it steve, the Fly-In version is my favourite too (with "Bounce" just behind!)

Hmmm. I'm liking Malcolmthenewts idea of converting to blue. Time to learn by breaking stuff :D

You guys have a good point about the blue conversion, and if I had more time I would do it myself, but I stuck with green because that is the natural colour of Android. If you do compile a blue version and send me the graphics only (note that the .9.pngs should be correct with the extra 1px border...or compiled by you after editing), I can package both a green and blue version with each of the 4 animations...anyways, holidays are near and many are busy, but keep me in the loop if either of you two do end up creating a blue version.

Also, not sure how many people are using this with LeeDrOiD's ROM, but he'll be releasing a new ROM based on v2.29.405.2, so keep an eye out for an updated version of my themeset once it drops!

Cheers all! :D