• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Theme] Enoch v1.5.0.8-test1 [CM-DS 5.0.7/5.0.8-test1/SuperE 1.2] - UPDATE - 11-15-20

Search This thread

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
I flashed it over 4.2.9.1 but my last nandroid backup was 4.2.7.1. Did I need to have previous versions or can I just apply the latest update to 4.2.9.1 when I go back up?

Also what is DrP's zip. (Not the morph file). Wipe dalvik cache (what is this?), fix perms (I have a mytouch3g so how can I run fix perms?), thanks

1. The theme zip file you applied
2. Its in recovery, no data loss. If its not in your recovery, get a newer one - I suggest you look for Amon_RAs in the sapphire forum
3. Also in the updated Amon_RA recovery. Or you can use adb.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
I'm using Enoch Theme for the first time (1.4.9.1 flashed over CM 4.2.9.1). It looks great!

I did notice though, that when i go to the dialer, My buttons do not not have a line that separates them and squares them off like the screen shots on page one (just white numbers on black background) Also, when i start typing numbers to dial, they show up in green instead of blue like the screen shots.

I know it's probably not that important, but I was wondering if someone can confirm that is how is should be for the newest version, or if maybe I somehow did something wrong. Thanks.

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
I'm using Enoch Theme for the first time (1.4.9.1 flashed over CM 4.2.9.1). It looks great!

I did notice though, that when i go to the dialer, My buttons do not not have a line that separates them and squares them off like the screen shots on page one (just white numbers on black background) Also, when i start typing numbers to dial, they show up in green instead of blue like the screen shots.

I know it's probably not that important, but I was wondering if someone can confirm that is how is should be for the newest version, or if maybe I somehow did something wrong. Thanks.

Nope, I have the same thing. The screenshot is from an older version of the dialer. Not sure why it is green...looks good anyways.:)

Abrasher

Mar 11, 2008
Athens, GA
www.expandedmedia.org
Lock Screen For Lock 2.0

Hey all, So it has become my thing to make custom LOCK 2.o skins for some of my favorite themes. I hope I am not out of line, but I love this theme so I made a lockscreen that is a mix of Hero lockscreen and Enochs Feel.
picture.php
picture.php

Enjoy

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net

Yeah - sorry. I have yet to update the screenshots, because I wanted to finish updating the colors on the new widgets, dialer, and charging battery icon before making new screenshots. :) New version tomorrow.

borisattva

Oct 28, 2009
NYC
this is by far the most tasteful looking theme i've come across.
unfortunately, for me it runs a lot slower than the default CM

i keep updating Cm and coming back to try this with each revision hoping ot see a pick up in speed and responsivness an di keep on reverting back to default.

i'm running T-Mobile G1, always up to date with CM.

is the relative response slowness just a given wit this theme, and people just tolerate it, or is there something that i can do to make this beautiful theme be as fast as the default one?

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net
this is by far the most tasteful looking theme i've come across.
unfortunately, for me it runs a lot slower than the default CM

i keep updating Cm and coming back to try this with each revision hoping ot see a pick up in speed and responsivness an di keep on reverting back to default.

i'm running T-Mobile G1, always up to date with CM.

is the relative response slowness just a given wit this theme, and people just tolerate it, or is there something that i can do to make this beautiful theme be as fast as the default one?

There should be no real speed difference. Or, none that I have noticed. I run all important optimization scripts before packaging - the same that are run for CM.
Are you using the regular or advanced launcher? Any particular parts that are noticeably slower for you?

march83

Nov 28, 2009
abrasher, is that an iphone-style slide to unlock screen? looks v.nice.

New enoch user here, looks great on my magic 32a. menu drag up is a little jerky, but it's no different to what i was experiencing with straight CM and it's about 1000x better than what i was experiencing with vanilla 1.5. I think OC makes a big difference to any interface slides. that and keeping the processor happier with less useless processes running. speaking generally for CM (only had enoch on for a few hours), after a fresh taskill and at 528 all my swipes are crisp and beautiful but after a few hours/days or if my OC widget isn't working properly (sometimes it's stuck on 256 or 384) the swipes become much jerkier...

questions: when new CM updates come out i assume i'll have to re-apply the theme each time as it is ported to the new CM version? also, i didn't check whether or not the theme applied correctly before applying the font revert - is this a bad habit, or is it fine to do?

thanks

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net
questions: when new CM updates come out i assume i'll have to re-apply the theme each time as it is ported to the new CM version? also, i didn't check whether or not the theme applied correctly before applying the font revert - is this a bad habit, or is it fine to do?

thanks

Yeah - unfortunate, but necessary to flash each time.
The font revert simply overwrites the theme font with the original Android font. It doesn't really matter.

Is there a way to uninstall the theme without reflashing the cm-mod?

No - you must reflash CM.

NEW RELEASE!
v1.4.9.1.1
12.22.09 - Download Here (12.1 MB) - MD5sum

* Or, just scan this barcode for a direct download:

kd1mkh.png

Changelog:
- Contact/Phone.apk fixes
- Widget retheming
- Battery icon fixes

revwillie

Apr 5, 2009
Enoch doesn't usually cause noticable lag. Advanced Launcher or DxTop cause lag, but Enoch runs fast for me. Maybe because I wipe the Dalvik cache.

I feel like CMupdater and twidroid look wrong without Enoch. Is it just me?

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
Enoch doesn't usually cause noticable lag. Advanced Launcher or DxTop cause lag, but Enoch runs fast for me. Maybe because I wipe the Dalvik cache.

I feel like CMupdater and twidroid look wrong without Enoch. Is it just me?

you're not alone my friend. perfect choice of blue. i've made my boot image with our company logo, since the phone bought by company and look how it matches enoch
bootculina.png

Last edited:

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
I've been sing this theme for a few days now. It really dressed up the phone nice. The lastest revision added just the right touch. I can't see myself going back to way it was before Enoch...so thanks for the hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here.... FC's continually have to boot to recovery and restore.
    Have tried this theme and Marks with same results.

Tried fix permissions from console with no change.

You need to move the Ringtones to the sdcard. The issue is there isnt enough space after the theme is installed. I had the same issues and just moved the ringtones to the sd and everything works fine now.

OP - You may want to update the first post with the instructions on how to do that for the people that dont know the commands.

Here they are (you need to do this in Terminal in CM 5.0.7 before installing the theme.)

su
    mount -oremount,rw /system/dev/mtdblock3 /system
    cp -r /system/media/audio/ringtones /sdcard/
    rm -R /system/media/audio/ringtones