• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Theme] Enoch v1.5.0.8-test1 [CM-DS 5.0.7/5.0.8-test1/SuperE 1.2] - UPDATE - 11-15-20

Search This thread

shawayne21

May 29, 2010
New York, USA
I went to spareparts and changed my font color to white and rebooted my phone, and it still is black. i have a g1 btw running on the latest superE rom.

IOmega666

Apr 26, 2009
i formated my SD, wiped, ect and then i flashed Super E 1.2 then Enoch for this ROM, but i now got Black Clock :S black label carrier, and some other notifications in black, i used Spare Parts to change this but the only thing that doesnt change is the clock and the date :S what can i do ?

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net
Said many times before, superE 1.0.2 has a bug with the color changes.
Exactly. Thank you.
I'll release a version that overrides the color in SuperE for now, but Spare Parts isn't working in SuperE and so I'll need to start running it through ColorChanger again.

same here, don't know what's going wrong here :(

@drpf:
Could you perhaps upload the fonts as a flashable zip file?

They are already in my repo from back in September: http://drpfenderson.japanties.org/update-fonts.zip

Tony_SpaZ

Feb 9, 2010
I believe I should clarify. When I say the fonts look different, I don't mean they look different from default. They look different from the way Enoch used to look. Everything looks a bit droid-y. I believe it is a problem with running out of space, although I haven't been able to find a way to fix it (and I've too little a knowledge of Linux commands to find space available).

As I had mentioned before, many of the logcat entries look like the phone is hitting some permissions errors, although a fix_permissions both post-boot (during fc-city) and in recovery fixed nothing. It may be some weird problem with my phone that I simply don't understand.

Tony_SpaZ

Feb 9, 2010
I think the problem isn't spare parts writing to the notification bar, as much as it is the notification bar not reading the changes spare parts writes.

BlackTigerX

Mar 16, 2008
I know it's dumb to ask if/when there will be an update, supporting CM-DS 5.08 Final.
But this thread already went down to page 3, so this post might give it some attention again...

♥ Enoch

Lordnik0n

Apr 14, 2010
San Antonio
I wish

I wish I could have this installed. I tried installing it twice and after I unlock the phone to take me to the homepage it says android.process has to be force closed then just reboots my phone

Im running Cyanogen mod 5.08 and installed enoch 5.08

Any ideas
I would love to have this theme again

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
Really wish this was kept current.

We have CM 5.0.8 final and this is still at test 1?

Also very close to having CM 6. :( really love a lot of the aspects of this theme. oh well....

krasool

Mar 9, 2009
I flashed the advanced launcher plug in on my G1 on CM 5.0.8. And it didn't work.

Before flashing I removed ADW launcher and replaced it with the stock launcher, as I know that the advanced launcher is the modified stock launcher. Still donno why it didn't work. Any ideas? Am i doing something wrong?

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Enoch still alive?

Is there any word on the next enoch release? My phone just isn't the same without it. I may have to roll back to an earlier ROM. Lesson learned for the future... upgrade only after enoch is caught up.

TeaTime33

Jul 25, 2009
Thanks for this great theme also on eclair. I love it.
Now I em using enoch theme for 102 on superE 103 end everything look work properly.
Anyway Im looking forward to version for 1.0.3.

Fnorder

Nov 8, 2008
Lake Vostok
"Super-E 1.2"...you mean 1.0.2 right?

I'm getting a boot loop when I try installing this on 1.0.2 and have tried twice; once after running the rom for an hour and setting everything up, and once I've tried a clean install, with enoch installed without rebooting recovery. Here's relevant snippets from what happens:

W/PackageManager( 382): Library not found: /system/framework/com.google.android.datamessaging.jar
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.google.android.location has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.google.android.providers.subscribedfeeds has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/GoogleCheckin.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.google.android.server.checkin has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/VpnServices.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.android.server.vpn has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/Superuser.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.noshufou.android.su has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.google.android.backup has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/SettingsProvider.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.android.providers.settings has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/Phone.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.android.phone has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.phone; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/Launcher.apk changed; collecting certs
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.android.launcher has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.shared; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/Contacts.apk changed; collecting certs
I/dalvikvm-heap( 382): Grow heap (frag case) to 5.276MB for 50316-byte allocation
E/PackageManager( 382): Package com.android.contacts has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.shared; ignoring!
I/PackageManager( 382): /system/app/Camera.apk changed; collecting certs

...just tried for the third time....
E/PackageManager( 193): Package com.android.launcher has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.shared; ignoring!

WTF. I never had a problem with installing this on cyanogen..and have been using it for years.. There was -no- /data/system/packages.xml or /data/ at all for that matter. I even wiped /sd-ext/{app,app-private,dalvik-cache}. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

senakunes

Aug 16, 2009
From his official blog he posted in the comments on 30th June:

I am working on it. This is not really top priority right now, as I am technically jobless, and am working much harder on some projects that will hopefully allow me to pay my bills as opposed to spending that time on my "for-free" projects. But I have not forgotten. Rest assured.
insight.pinkonbrown.org /enoch-14-theme-released-for-cyanogenmod-stabl

Mebbe we can nudge him in the comments on his blog? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here.... FC's continually have to boot to recovery and restore.
    Have tried this theme and Marks with same results.

Tried fix permissions from console with no change.

You need to move the Ringtones to the sdcard. The issue is there isnt enough space after the theme is installed. I had the same issues and just moved the ringtones to the sd and everything works fine now.

OP - You may want to update the first post with the instructions on how to do that for the people that dont know the commands.

Here they are (you need to do this in Terminal in CM 5.0.7 before installing the theme.)

su
    mount -oremount,rw /system/dev/mtdblock3 /system
    cp -r /system/media/audio/ringtones /sdcard/
    rm -R /system/media/audio/ringtones