• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THEME]Facebook WP7 Style-Updated TO 1.6[June26,'11]

Search This thread

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
No problem at all!

I'm guessing you are rooted?

There is one way to do it but you have to make a complete backup first (nandroid backup). Then open your flashed rom (zip file) with Archive program (dont extract it) and then drop the mod app in it ( it should be in system/app folder) then update the zip and flash the new one. Before doing that, make sure you go settings, application and find facebook and clear cache. when done, flash the rom.

Thanks - waaaaaay over my head though! ;-)

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
If you can't delete the original Facebook app, install App Delete (must be rootet).

Next, if you can't install this version after deleting the original then do this: (This is my noob-ish way of doing it, and it's easier to understand then adb and stuff like that)

- Install ES File Manager
- Open it and hit "Menu" on your device, press "Settings"
- Scroll down and press "Root options"
- Enable "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System"
- Find the Modern Facebook APK on your SDcard, and Copy it.
- Navigate to internal storage (hit the SDcard icon in the top left)
- Go to System/App and paste the APK there.

Reboot your device. Done.

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
If you can't delete the original Facebook app, install App Delete (must be rootet).

Next, if you can't install this version after deleting the original then do this: (This is my noob-ish way of doing it, and it's easier to understand then adb and stuff like that)

Damn - not rooted. I did ask earlier in the thread and was told no need to be rooted. Massive thanks for your help - hopefully that will help someone else. x

V

vegetajin8

I registered and there's no download link.
Edit downloaded but still have blue spots in the header did I do something wrong?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010

Big Thanks for helping me out :) ;)

lextex

Sep 1, 2010
Shouldn't have changed the facebook logo, imo. It's already 'modern.' Some of it looks really nice, though.

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
Shouldn't have changed the facebook logo, imo. It's already 'modern.' Some of it looks really nice, though.

Your opinion is respected and thanks. Well the first time, I just themed the logo to orange,but that was too simple. I just wanted to give it a transition effect (when you click it, it moves). :)

amacg1

Apr 8, 2009
dallas
not installing

its not working for me i unzipped and installed on root of sd and tried to install but it first removes a upgrade and the i try to install and it says application not installed

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
its not working for me i unzipped and installed on root of sd and tried to install but it first removes a upgrade and the i try to install and it says application not installed
Uninstall your old one with all the updates first (goto settings/applications/facebook) and unistall upgrades. when done install the new one. This mod is latest app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For now, blue version is updated to market lastest version (1.6). If you have updated from market, please remove it and then apply the modded one. If you are waiting for other colors, please try the blue version to see if you find any errors. Thanks

Read reviews from other websites regarding Facebook Theme :)

Facebook app has never been so happy before until it got a new theme. Simple, modern, and eye catching themes that hypnotizes you not quitting the app and make Mark Zuckerberg excited. Well, you have to quit at some point!

Yellow Orange and Fruit images are just to show how they will look, I havent made them yet

Files are zipped and need to be extracted first and they are not flashable.

If your facebook is in system, please check post #42 #241 #300

Installation
    -unzip the file
    -Put the apk file in sdcard, click on it and install.
    For more images visit Link

If you like my post don't forget the "Thanks Button" or "Donate to me"

Having issues with deleting FB app? read posts #42,# 241, and #300

Downloads are now direct (no waiting), For God sake there is no registeration,please don't say that

Reserved

V5: Updated to 1.6

V5: New UI WP7 Style

V4: Minimal Blue Edition

V3: Fully blacked (%99), Low res support, fixed some colors

Bugs: I couldn't change friend list black color to achieve complete black theme, thus,you have to touch the screen to see the list. Work in progress

V2: Widget Fixed, Friend request bug fixed, more colors added, some minor bugs fixed

V1: Initial release

This looks sweet & the orange matches my phone. Is there any reason I can't push it as a system app (which is where my current Facebook.apk is) instead of installing it.

Thanks man! From my experience, you have to remove the app from system and then push the new one. But becareful, it's kind of tricky, your app might be installed somewhere else too on the system. usually it's like facebook-something-1.apk or facebook-something-2.apk. Make sure you only see one app in system/app. Do make a backup first.
    I bet this mod is going to the same place modded Angry Birds posts went to...

Don't get me wrong. Great job, but...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not worried where it goes, blue facebook became boring for me, so I decided to mod it and share it with others. :)