[THEME]Facebook WP7 Style-Updated TO 1.6[June26,'11]

Search This thread

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
I am using orange v3 and there this white problem still exists... Can you make an upgrade... ?

in prev versions all views had white background.in V3 Friends list has the issue,I changed the color to black but My guess is there is a bug in FB that doesnt let me change the white color to black. If I find a solution, I will update

Reactions: MrBusiness

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
Video released, you can get a feeling of how the app looks like on your phone via android youtube app before downloading :)

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Am liking the style and it really makes me like using the app...But I have noticed that on the Mytouch3g for the WP7 style there seems to not be enough room for the icons and the notification bar at the bottom of the app overlaps the icons. Also on the Minimal Blue version previous to WP7 on your screen images you have the blue home button top left on my Mytouch3g I am not seeing the home button just the Orange Facebook logo that comes from your Orange version.

Sorry for no screen but when home I will post ASAP.

vertig

Aug 4, 2010
Am liking the style and it really makes me like using the app...But I have noticed that on the Mytouch3g for the WP7 style there seems to not be enough room for the icons and the notification bar at the bottom of the app overlaps the icons. Also on the Minimal Blue version previous to WP7 on your screen images you have the blue home button top left on my Mytouch3g I am not seeing the home button just the Orange Facebook logo that comes from your Orange version.

Sorry for no screen but when home I will post ASAP.

I also have the notification bar overlap on the blue WP7 theme. I have an HTC Hero.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

vertig

Aug 4, 2010
A photo really can help me to resolve the issue :)

I hope the image shows, I'm doing it from my phone.

snap20110531_143538.png

Last edited:

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010

vertig

Aug 4, 2010
I'm sure our resolutions are different and I don't have your phone, so it's gonna be tough. A new version of FB 1.6 is coming out soon, beta perhaps. If I didn't receive it soon, I will make changes for you, otherwise you will see it fixed in new update.

No problem. I think what you have done with the app is incredible and still usable, despite the minor overlap. I'm on MDPI, so that may explain the issue.

Reactions: adam2010

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
@adam2010

Just adding to the "install the app correctly in /system" posts. I use the green so the "_gr" part of the app name would be whichever you DL'd.

You can do all this with terminal emulator after you DL the .apk. It requires rw-r--r-- permissions, so you can also CHMOD the app (after it's in /system/app) to 644

Code:
su
mv /sdcard/fb_wp7_gr.apk /system/app/fb_wp7_gr.apk
chmod /system/app/fb_wp7_gr.apk
reboot

or copy it with "cp" instead of "mv".

I guess you could do it all with ADB as well, just use the shell commands.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For now, blue version is updated to market lastest version (1.6). If you have updated from market, please remove it and then apply the modded one. If you are waiting for other colors, please try the blue version to see if you find any errors. Thanks

Read reviews from other websites regarding Facebook Theme :)

Facebook app has never been so happy before until it got a new theme. Simple, modern, and eye catching themes that hypnotizes you not quitting the app and make Mark Zuckerberg excited. Well, you have to quit at some point!

Yellow Orange and Fruit images are just to show how they will look, I havent made them yet

Files are zipped and need to be extracted first and they are not flashable.

If your facebook is in system, please check post #42 #241 #300

Installation
    -unzip the file
    -Put the apk file in sdcard, click on it and install.
    For more images visit Link

If you like my post don't forget the "Thanks Button" or "Donate to me"

Having issues with deleting FB app? read posts #42,# 241, and #300

Downloads are now direct (no waiting), For God sake there is no registeration,please don't say that

Reserved

V5: Updated to 1.6

V5: New UI WP7 Style

V4: Minimal Blue Edition

V3: Fully blacked (%99), Low res support, fixed some colors

Bugs: I couldn't change friend list black color to achieve complete black theme, thus,you have to touch the screen to see the list. Work in progress

V2: Widget Fixed, Friend request bug fixed, more colors added, some minor bugs fixed

V1: Initial release
    If you can't delete the original Facebook app, install App Delete (must be rootet).

Next, if you can't install this version after deleting the original then do this: (This is my noob-ish way of doing it, and it's easier to understand then adb and stuff like that)

- Install ES File Manager
    - Open it and hit "Menu" on your device, press "Settings"
    - Scroll down and press "Root options"
    - Enable "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System"
    - Find the Modern Facebook APK on your SDcard, and Copy it.
    - Navigate to internal storage (hit the SDcard icon in the top left)
    - Go to System/App and paste the APK there.

Reboot your device. Done.
    This looks sweet & the orange matches my phone. Is there any reason I can't push it as a system app (which is where my current Facebook.apk is) instead of installing it.

Thanks man! From my experience, you have to remove the app from system and then push the new one. But becareful, it's kind of tricky, your app might be installed somewhere else too on the system. usually it's like facebook-something-1.apk or facebook-something-2.apk. Make sure you only see one app in system/app. Do make a backup first.
    I bet this mod is going to the same place modded Angry Birds posts went to...

Don't get me wrong. Great job, but...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not worried where it goes, blue facebook became boring for me, so I decided to mod it and share it with others. :)