[Theme] Ghost Black - BETA 2 - RC30-JF1.41 (1/25)

Search This thread

toxtrepla

Jan 2, 2009
Hello to all.

This is BETA 2 of my first theme, Ghost Black. For the time being, it is RC30 JF1.41 only, but I am planning on doing RC8 and ADP1 once I redo this for RC31.

As stated above, this is a BETA, and with that, you are responsible for any/all problems you encounter trying this theme. I have tested it myself, and have had no issues, but that doesn't mean you won't.

**Thanks to Proxin, a metamorph has been created and can be found below!**

[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5903117&postcount=141]Ghost Black Beta 2 Metamorph[/URL]

Some old Pics of V1 (no V2 pics yet).

1231966843290.png

1231967035975.png

1232428322861.png

1232428118053.png

Thanks to everyone for all their input and suggestions so far. Even though I haven't implemented everything yet, I will in the upcoming days/weeks.

Still to do/current issues:

*Help finish this up for a proper metamorph release!
*Due to the black icons, they look really bad on the open slider. I have experimented in V2 with the Music and Browser icons, giving them a white glow (which makes them easier to see against dark backgrounds). If all goes well, I will convert the rest of the icons to have the whiteglow

Probably More I am forgetting.

-Change log-
V2 - Fixed Landscape Slider, Music Bugs, New Status Bar Pull down, New Icon Highlights.
Fixed compatibility with 1.41, Added default wallpaper to gallery, and began to roll out new icon glow.
V1 - Initial Release

//tox

WALLPAPER Link
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k440/toxtrepla/default_wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:

toolbox123

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks. I've been waiting for this one.
Downloaded and installed with no problems.
Very slick. The icons look great against a light background.
However...When viewed in the applications tab, they are hard to see unless you highlight them with the trackball.
Great start.

Last edited:

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
awesome. dont have the wallpaper that you show in the image in the wallpaper gallery. could you post it please?

davidhooper4

Jan 3, 2009
Just installed on my g1 gotta say it looks amazing as is just wondering if you can post that wallpaper you used because without it it dosent go well with a dark background
I found out that the current version you have of the theme, when I went to music the song icon is still green I guess you forgot to put it in there its just a heads up

Last edited:

davidhooper4

Jan 3, 2009
Posted up the default wallpaper I use.

Will be included in the next release.

I found 2 problems with the theme, in the music section the song icon is still green and when you pop out the keyboard in landscape the icon to pull the menu out has vanished. I will report more bugs when I find them in this post so check back.

santaninja

Dec 20, 2008
one little thing thats driven me crazy is the app tab is black and the icons are black could you make it gray, but i love the theme thanks,

heres a good background for it:

Attachments

• 1232486612846.png
    1232486612846.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1232486574482.png
    1232486574482.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1_G1_Gray.jpg
    1_G1_Gray.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 52

sWuRv

Nov 19, 2006
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I love this theme I think it's the best one yet. Thanks for your work toxtrepla. Oh, and for the guy who said zip is broken, are you downloading the file through your phone via tethering? I kept getting corrupt downloads while doing so. I found it works better to download directly through the browser. Hope this helps!

Datruesurfer

Oct 26, 2008
Just installed it on mine. looks really nice, especially for a work in progress. A few minor details to change:

- Make the GSM signal bars look like the WiFi signal bars.
- Make new Data Status icons (G,E,3G) that fit in with the skin.
- The icons in the launcher are too difficult to see with a black background. If the background was a few shades lighter it might be easier to see.

DrownedElf

Jan 3, 2009
Agreed on the issues posted so far. The big thing I came across is when I installed it my browser uninstalled. I use the auto rotate browser build which could've been why. When I put the browser back on though it still uses the old icon :(