• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THEME] Gingerbread for EViO 2 v1.8 (Updated 3/10)

Search This thread

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Updated 3/10 - Now with Market 2.3.4, Gmail 2.3.4.1, optimized battery icons and removal of AM/PM from the clock
Updated 2/17 - Now includes Market 2.3.2
Updated 2/16 - Now with full theme, faster flashing and ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x support!

This is a Gingerbread style theme I've been working on for Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM. It is now based off of the files from 1.8 and may not be compatible with older versions, if you are running 1.7.x, you can find the older version at the bottom of this post. This theme is available with just the notification bar changed or as a full theme, both include modified Gmail and Market APKs so their notification icons match the ones seen in Android 2.3. It also includes a modified services.jar that removes the indicator in the status bar when Location is on and removes AM/PM from the clock in the notification bar. A separate ZIP is available without the modified Gmail and Market APKs. Be sure to make a backup before flashing!

Special thanks to Calkulin for his ROM and his help in locating some of the icons, geeserver for the battery and 4G icons, JsChiSurf for removal of AM/PM on the clock and the CyanogenMod team for the notification menu power control widget icons.

Known Issues in Full Theme
  • New Message button in Sense messaging app is larger than it should be
  • Search bar is smaller than it should be in some areas
  • Settings icon in app drawer is the same as settings icon in menus
  • Reboot option in power menu is misaligned
  • Menu color is still white, I made it black but Sense makes it nearly impossible to change the menu text color without screwing up text in other areas so I changed it back

Gingerbread Theme for EViO 2 v1.8
Full theme - http://www.mediafire.com/?way7vtuqqf558x3
Notification bar only - http://www.mediafire.com/?jwc7r7l02z4sbak
Full theme (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?63bcz2k5n9se9ne
Notification bar only (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?v0fqpu0aqtxkdpf

Wallpaper available here (via @anderwebs)

Previous Versions (WILL NOT FLASH IN CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY 3.x)
Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x - http://www.mediafire.com/?qb2bq8s9lbwcpbr
Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?tyl4g4s5dibovl5

Last edited:

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Sick. I'm lovin it...

42e84f48-2458-0312.jpg

42e84f48-2471-6c39.jpg

¦¦ Sent From Nate's È\/Ò ¦¦ Via XDA App

Reactions: kdelinux

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
Every time I try to flash this I get an infinite boot loop. I've tried all the usual fixes, wiped the cache and dalvik cache, made sure the download isn't corrupt, and even tried downloading directly to my phone. No luck.

Hw version 3, hboot 2.02, latest radios, prl, and nv.

Edit: recovery is RA 2.2.1.

Last edited:

xxassassinxx

May 20, 2010
looking absolutely awesome i've been looking for something like this, downloading and flashing in a couple min. ill edit back:p
EDIT: looks pretty nice maybe make the battery percentage size a little larger is my only complaint

Last edited:

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Every time I try to flash this I get an infinite boot loop. I've tried all the usual fixes, wiped the cache and dalvik cache, made sure the download isn't corrupt, and even tried downloading directly to my phone. No luck.
Going to send you a PM to try and troubleshoot, it shouldn't be doing that and offhand I'm not sure what the problem could be.

looking absolutely awesome i've been looking for something like this, downloading and flashing in a couple min. ill edit back:p
EDIT: looks pretty nice maybe make the battery percentage size a little larger is my only complaint
Thanks, I definitely agree on the battery percentage but the new battery style in GB makes it hard to fit text in there. Even CM7 completely got rid of the option to show battery percentage in the notification bar. I've thought about doing that too because I'm not sure it can get much bigger and still fit in the battery image.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
nanding and flashing. looks like it has major potential.

edit: didnt quite fit with the rest of my configuration, but looks great with the screenies u gave. thanks for giving me options.

Last edited:

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T

Hw version 3, hboot 2.02, latest radios, prl, and nv.

Edit: recovery is RA 2.2.1.

I had a very similar issues. Found it to be related to the kernel. Flashed HTC#15 modded to run scripts (for calks undervolt) and have been good ever since. What kernel are you using?

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
I had a very similar issues. Found it to be related to the kernel. Flashed HTC#15 modded to run scripts (for calks undervolt) and have been good ever since. What kernel are you using?

Ziggy's 21 Jan 11 BFS HAVS.

I'm afraid my problems are kernel related. I really dig this mod, but I loooooove me some Ziggy kernels. OP is helping me troubleshoot right now. I've sent him an aLogcat via email and we're parsing it right now.

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Ziggy's 21 Jan 11 BFS HAVS.

I'm afraid my problems are kernel related. I really dig this mod, but I loooooove me some Ziggy kernels. OP is helping me troubleshoot right now. I've sent him an aLogcat via email and we're parsing it right now.

I was using ziggy 21 jan CFS... its definitely is kernel related. I checked my logcat too and couldnt find anything specific. Simply for troubleshooting try flashing this... Its a good kernel. HTC #15 modded to run scipts, sd card fix and a couple other modules. Its made by calk and ziggy.

Reactions: VisedMonk

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Interesting... I wonder why the Ziggy kernel included with the ROM works but the latest doesn't?

the stock kernel is like the one i attached. almost stock #15.

This is a quote from ziggy regarding the kernel attached in the 1.7.7 EViO2 ROM:

Calkulin has a custom kernel based solely off the EVO-MR3 base. I did a few tweaks, but it’s 95+% stock EVO-MR3. This is 90+% HTC code, but from multiple source trees. I’d like to think I got the best of them all, but I’m not sure.
As for the governor, default is smartass, thought that was in the post, it wasn’t, but is now. Smartass is similar to interactive, but has screen off awareness.

I know in the 012111 build he changed a lot.

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
I was using ziggy 21 jan CFS... its definitely is kernel related. I checked my logcat too and couldnt find anything specific. Simply for troubleshooting try flashing this... Its a good kernel. HTC #15 modded to run scipts, sd card fix and a couple other modules. Its made by calk and ziggy.

Interesting... I wonder why the Ziggy kernel included with the ROM works but the latest doesn't?

Yeah. I dunno. I'm gonna flash the kernel Nate attached to see if this works. If it does, I'm then gonna reflash the Ziggy kernel I currently have. We'll see what happens.

**EDIT**

Still no dice, even with the new kernel. I also did a clean install of Calk's EViO rom to see if that made any difference, and it didn't. My logcat doesn't show anything specific. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. I guess my evo is possessed.

Last edited:

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Still no dice, even with the new kernel. I also did a clean install of Calk's EViO rom to see if that made any difference, and it didn't. My logcat doesn't show anything specific. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. I guess my evo is possessed.
I wish I knew what was going on, I can't find anything in the logcat either :(

Reactions: VisedMonk

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
I wish I knew what was going on, I can't find anything in the logcat either :(

I'm absolutely baffled. No errors in the logcat. Switched kernels to stock. Clean install. Clean install with no user apps. Conclusion: my phone had been possessed by a poltergeist. Apparently I need an old preist and a new preist.

Thank god for nand backups. Thanks for taking a look at things for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated 3/10 - Now with Market 2.3.4, Gmail 2.3.4.1, optimized battery icons and removal of AM/PM from the clock
    Updated 2/17 - Now includes Market 2.3.2
    Updated 2/16 - Now with full theme, faster flashing and ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x support!

This is a Gingerbread style theme I've been working on for Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM. It is now based off of the files from 1.8 and may not be compatible with older versions, if you are running 1.7.x, you can find the older version at the bottom of this post. This theme is available with just the notification bar changed or as a full theme, both include modified Gmail and Market APKs so their notification icons match the ones seen in Android 2.3. It also includes a modified services.jar that removes the indicator in the status bar when Location is on and removes AM/PM from the clock in the notification bar. A separate ZIP is available without the modified Gmail and Market APKs. Be sure to make a backup before flashing!

Special thanks to Calkulin for his ROM and his help in locating some of the icons, geeserver for the battery and 4G icons, JsChiSurf for removal of AM/PM on the clock and the CyanogenMod team for the notification menu power control widget icons.

Known Issues in Full Theme
    • New Message button in Sense messaging app is larger than it should be
    • Search bar is smaller than it should be in some areas
    • Settings icon in app drawer is the same as settings icon in menus
    • Reboot option in power menu is misaligned
    • Menu color is still white, I made it black but Sense makes it nearly impossible to change the menu text color without screwing up text in other areas so I changed it back

Gingerbread Theme for EViO 2 v1.8
    Full theme - http://www.mediafire.com/?way7vtuqqf558x3
    Notification bar only - http://www.mediafire.com/?jwc7r7l02z4sbak
    Full theme (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?63bcz2k5n9se9ne
    Notification bar only (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?v0fqpu0aqtxkdpf

Wallpaper available here (via @anderwebs)

Previous Versions (WILL NOT FLASH IN CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY 3.x)
    Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x - http://www.mediafire.com/?qb2bq8s9lbwcpbr
    Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?tyl4g4s5dibovl5
    Still wish I knew what caused the problem to begin with but glad to hear it worked!

And in other news, Calk released EViO 1.8 today and I'm working on updating the theme now, should have a new version ready tonight. :)

Edit: And now it's up! Time to go back to working on the full theme :)
    OP updated! Full theme has been added and all current ZIPs have been updated to Edify scripting so they flash faster and can be flashed in ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x.
    Sick. I'm lovin it...

42e84f48-2458-0312.jpg

42e84f48-2471-6c39.jpg

¦¦ Sent From Nate's È\/Ò ¦¦ Via XDA App
    what clock is that? and how do you have your drawer a cube?

Clock
    Then open the package manager (within the widget settings) and look for "transparent"

4D App Drawer is ADW EX, which is $3, but worth it.