• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THEME] Gingerbread for EViO 2 v1.8 (Updated 3/10)

Search This thread

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
I'm absolutely baffled. No errors in the logcat. Switched kernels to stock. Clean install. Clean install with no user apps. Conclusion: my phone had been possessed by a poltergeist. Apparently I need an old preist and a new preist.

Thank god for nand backups. Thanks for taking a look at things for me.

WAIT! Did you use with Gapps or without? Try the second link without market and gmail (if you havent already)...
Other than that I dont know. Because I am running almost everything the same and its been 2 days now without a hiccup... I was having the same problem as you before. Its definitely not Datajosh's mod

Reactions: VisedMonk

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
I like evio rom but rite now im on mik rom you think this will work with the one too I mean its the same framework right?
I can't make any guarantees. They're both Sense based ROMs, but the framework files are not identical. I plan to make versions for other ROMs in the future, just haven't had the time yet and I'd like to try and get the full theme finished up first.

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I can't make any guarantees. They're both Sense based ROMs, but the framework files are not identical. I plan to make versions for other ROMs in the future, just haven't had the time yet and I'd like to try and get the full theme finished up first.
Alright thanks for letting me know I might wait or go back to evio LOL Idk yet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
WAIT! Did you use with Gapps or without? Try the second link without market and gmail (if you havent already)...
Other than that I dont know. Because I am running almost everything the same and its been 2 days now without a hiccup... I was having the same problem as you before. Its definitely not Datajosh's mod

I only tried with GApps. LOL. Didn't even think to try therr other. I'll flash later and see what happens.

**EDIT**

I tried the version with no GApps and still no luck. Infinite boot loops no matter what I try to do or how I try flash the zip. Nothing specific in my logcat. I'm at a loss. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

N4STYNATE

Sep 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
I only tried with GApps. LOL. Didn't even think to try therr other. I'll flash later and see what happens.

**EDIT**

I tried the version with no GApps and still no luck. Infinite boot loops no matter what I try to do or how I try flash the zip. Nothing specific in my logcat. I'm at a loss. Any other ideas?

oh boy I dont even know... I know its not the mod though because me and my buddy are both using it with NO issues what so ever... I was having almost identical issue to you and it was absolutely kernel related... One thing I would suggest is clearing "ext:sd" but other than that it may just be a no-go :-(

Reactions: VisedMonk

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan

**EDIT**

oh boy I dont even know... I know its not the mod though because me and my buddy are both using it with NO issues what so ever... I was having almost identical issue to you and it was absolutely kernel related... One thing I would suggest is clearing "ext:sd" but other than that it may just be a no-go :-(

Tried that this morning, too. I think it's just a no-go for me. Such a weird problem.

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
Ok so I flashed this Theme and the only thing that changed that is obvious is the taskbar....everything else is the same....I thought some of the icons would change as well as well as the dock...is that wat that download suppose to do?

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Tried that this morning, too. I think it's just a no-go for me. Such a weird problem.
:confused: I wish I knew what was going on. I haven't heard of a theme causing issues like that unless you try to use it on a different device or ROM, or if the cache isn't cleared. It definitely doesn't make any sense to me.

Ok so I flashed this Theme and the only thing that changed that is obvious is the taskbar....everything else is the same....I thought some of the icons would change as well as well as the dock...is that wat that download suppose to do?
Right now the status bar and notification icons are most of what changed. I'm working on a full theme that will change most everything but it's not ready just yet.

VisedMonk

Dec 14, 2010
Michigan
:confused: I wish I knew what was going on. I haven't heard of a theme causing issues like that unless you try to use it on a different device or ROM, or if the cache isn't cleared. It definitely doesn't make any sense to me.

SUCCESS!!!

I was playing around with a CM7 nightly release yesterday and decided it was too slow for me and I don't like the AOSP exchange email client. So, today I came back to Calk's 1.7.7 with a completely clean install and I thought I would give this theme a go one more time. For whatever reason it worked for me this time. Here is what I did to get it to work:

--boot into recovery
--flash Calk's format all (since I came from an AOSP rom)
--flash EViO 2 v1.7.7
--reboot into recovery
--nand backup (just in case, given my earlier troubles with this theme)
--flash this theme, with GApps
--reboot
--success
--reboot into recovery
--flash my favorite Ziggy kernel (21 Jan 11 BFS HAVS)
--reboot
--success
--reboot into recovery
--flash remove sense, remove htc lockscreen, Calk's -150 mV UV script, and sd card speed fix
--reboot
--restore user apps via Ti Backup
--success

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Still wish I knew what caused the problem to begin with but glad to hear it worked!

And in other news, Calk released EViO 1.8 today and I'm working on updating the theme now, should have a new version ready tonight. :)

Edit: And now it's up! Time to go back to working on the full theme :)

Last edited:

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Do you have one without a modified services.jar so I can keep my location (assuming GPS on and GPS in use) icons? Or better yet, can you point me at what to hack on to do it myself?

Follow-up: Or maybe I can just follow this youtube video? "Changing the status bar" from 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiExjt7nGt8
The "GPS in use" icon still comes up, I just removed the "Location on/off" icon because I got sick of seeing it all the time. I can post a ZIP with the original services.jar as soon as I'm able to though.

If you want to try it yourself, that video shows you how to get to the smali files you need to edit and this thread shows you exactly what to edit.

Edit: Alternatively, you can also just take the original services.jar out of the ZIP file for the ROM.

droidbird

Jan 30, 2011
Okay, so I will still get a GPS on icon, just not the location services? Perfect, I hate that as well I just want to know when the GPS is on for battery reasons.

I assume saving off the old packages and scp'ing them back will revert?

Thanks for the link to read, helps me familiarize myself with android.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Okay, so I will still get a GPS on icon, just not the location services? Perfect, I hate that as well I just want to know when the GPS is on for battery reasons.

I assume saving off the old packages and scp'ing them back will revert?

Thanks for the link to read, helps me familiarize myself with android.
Yeah, that's right. If you open up Maps you should see the GPS icon come up in the notification bar if you want to test it. :)

And an update on the full theme for everyone - it should be done sometime this coming week. I didn't realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to theme Sense so it's not going to be as complete as I wanted but I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out.

Reactions: N4STYNATE

droidbird

Jan 30, 2011
Just a follow-up. Love the theme, wish the green was a little more desaturated as the green really jumps out and would it be possible to make either the % font larger or, as was done in the Pre world, put the percent next to the battery icon and make it larger? You end up with (excuse the ascii art): [] 56% where the [] is my attempt at a vertical battery.

Second, I can also confirm that Ziggy's 1/21 and this (either with or without apps) causes random reboots without any info as to why.

__
EVO 004 / EViO 1.8 / Ziggy's 1.21 / ADW.Launcher

datajosh

Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
I wish I knew what the deal was with Ziggy kernels and the theme, I can't seem to figure out what's causing that. The green is straight from Gingerbread so you have Google to thank for that. :D

I don't know what to do with the battery percentage, you can't make it much larger and keep it inside the battery image. Theoretically, it should be possible to put the percentage on the side, assuming the system would render the image correctly... but I've learned while making this theme to never assume anything when it comes to Sense. Honestly, I'd prefer to not have it there at all at this point but I know a lot of people don't agree. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated 3/10 - Now with Market 2.3.4, Gmail 2.3.4.1, optimized battery icons and removal of AM/PM from the clock
    Updated 2/17 - Now includes Market 2.3.2
    Updated 2/16 - Now with full theme, faster flashing and ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x support!

This is a Gingerbread style theme I've been working on for Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM. It is now based off of the files from 1.8 and may not be compatible with older versions, if you are running 1.7.x, you can find the older version at the bottom of this post. This theme is available with just the notification bar changed or as a full theme, both include modified Gmail and Market APKs so their notification icons match the ones seen in Android 2.3. It also includes a modified services.jar that removes the indicator in the status bar when Location is on and removes AM/PM from the clock in the notification bar. A separate ZIP is available without the modified Gmail and Market APKs. Be sure to make a backup before flashing!

Special thanks to Calkulin for his ROM and his help in locating some of the icons, geeserver for the battery and 4G icons, JsChiSurf for removal of AM/PM on the clock and the CyanogenMod team for the notification menu power control widget icons.

Known Issues in Full Theme
    • New Message button in Sense messaging app is larger than it should be
    • Search bar is smaller than it should be in some areas
    • Settings icon in app drawer is the same as settings icon in menus
    • Reboot option in power menu is misaligned
    • Menu color is still white, I made it black but Sense makes it nearly impossible to change the menu text color without screwing up text in other areas so I changed it back

Gingerbread Theme for EViO 2 v1.8
    Full theme - http://www.mediafire.com/?way7vtuqqf558x3
    Notification bar only - http://www.mediafire.com/?jwc7r7l02z4sbak
    Full theme (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?63bcz2k5n9se9ne
    Notification bar only (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?v0fqpu0aqtxkdpf

Wallpaper available here (via @anderwebs)

Previous Versions (WILL NOT FLASH IN CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY 3.x)
    Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x - http://www.mediafire.com/?qb2bq8s9lbwcpbr
    Notification bar only for EViO 2 v1.7.x (no Gmail & Market) - http://www.mediafire.com/?tyl4g4s5dibovl5
    Still wish I knew what caused the problem to begin with but glad to hear it worked!

And in other news, Calk released EViO 1.8 today and I'm working on updating the theme now, should have a new version ready tonight. :)

Edit: And now it's up! Time to go back to working on the full theme :)
    OP updated! Full theme has been added and all current ZIPs have been updated to Edify scripting so they flash faster and can be flashed in ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x.
    Sick. I'm lovin it...

42e84f48-2458-0312.jpg

42e84f48-2471-6c39.jpg

¦¦ Sent From Nate's È\/Ò ¦¦ Via XDA App
    what clock is that? and how do you have your drawer a cube?

Clock
    Then open the package manager (within the widget settings) and look for "transparent"

4D App Drawer is ADW EX, which is $3, but worth it.