{Theme} Gingerbread (sc 2.9.2) V3.0 *3.30.11* *updated

Search This thread

beenz

Jul 31, 2010
I actually like the clock shown next to the date. My clock is hidden, and this way I can still check the time when in an app. I do wish out wasn't bold though. It would be cool if it would only show when the clock is hidden, but I doubt that is a possibility.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I actually like the clock shown next to the date. My clock is hidden, and this way I can still check the time when in an app. I do wish out wasn't bold though. It would be cool if it would only show when the clock is hidden, but I doubt that is a possibility.

yeah thats beyond me...adryn did the mod by request in his service.jar

manic020

Mar 13, 2011
Would it also be possible to mod the camera so that the power button acts as a shutter button? I downloaded the camera mod zip from it's thread and it works as it should but it changes the icon back to the one used in froyo. I don't want to be a bother, it was just another suggestion I thought of while I was sitting here pining for the new version :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Would it also be possible to mod the camera so that the power button acts as a shutter button? I downloaded the camera mod zip from it's thread and it works as it should but it changes the icon back to the one used in froyo. I don't want to be a bother, it was just another suggestion I thought of while I was sitting here pining for the new version :p

hmm, sure i could add that in as an add on for those that want it....

actually time constraints have prevented me from having v4 tested extensively...so in the interest of putting something out for feedback

here is the VERRRyyy beta version of V4....it works fine for me but noted issues so far are: gtalk image problems...android kb fc's....bootloops

*if* you choose to flash make a backup first obviously and dont blame me if ur phone falls apart :eek:

no changelog...but if u open the theme zip u ll get an idea...every thing i inlcuded is themed (not just sys icons)

here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?ii55c8bbc438m2y

and going forward ill start a new thread for this as i didnt reserve enough posts for myself...but leave feedback here...screenshots/logcats are ideal ;)

(it will replace ur android kb w/ gb kb..or should...and replace boot ani, shutdown animation and add in media sounds from nexus)

kriddle04

Sep 22, 2009
Des Moines
Trying to download through phone and every time it force closes the browser on me through xda app and regular browser... Any thoughts?

manic020

Mar 13, 2011
hmm, sure i could add that in as an add on for those that want it....

It was just a suggestion. I don't wanna make you do any extra work or anything like that if no one else wants it. If I knew enough about android I'd do it myself lol

Just installed the new beta and it looks pretty nice. I like the new notification menu and the market and messaging apps look pretty slick too. My favorite is the new boot animation tho. It's purrty :D no problems so far, except now I have two calculators, but I can fix that easily enough on my own

Last edited:
Reactions: nitsuj17

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
It was just a suggestion. I don't wanna make you do any extra work or anything like that if no one else wants it. If I knew enough about android I'd do it myself lol

Just installed the new beta and it looks pretty nice. I like the new notification menu and the market and messaging apps look pretty slick too. My favorite is the new boot animation tho. It's purrty :D no problems so far, except now I have two calculators, but I can fix that easily enough on my own

i personally like the new shutdown :)

jdimase821

Jun 17, 2010
That's what I figured. I was at best buy today and played around with a nexus s. To be honest, I think the fascinate is just as good if not better. Thanks for the hard work.

hecantbreathe

Mar 25, 2011
Detroit
SC20110409-162224.png
SC20110409-162301.png

snap20110409_163902.png
snap20110409_163837.png

snap20110409_163944.png
snap20110409_164011.png

Here's a few screen shots.

Sent from my Voodoo SC 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Go back a page, he put a download link out.

Yup its mostly a community beta version I put out to check for bugs since it wasn't completely finished but I wanted to see if there were any issues or problems I missed

Full version and updated op hopefully on monday

hecantbreathe

Mar 25, 2011
Detroit
Hey nitsuj17, when I first flashed this theme my texts were in what looked like your sense theme but it switched to the black/gray later. I flashed from a clean 2.9.2. I'm kind of puzzled on that one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I got a few requests to put out an updated superclean version of gingerbread, here it is :)

***Im not responsible for your phone melting or if you decide to flash a gsm radio or something***

*Feel free to kang/grab images or whole apks for other gingerbread themes or your own themes...but just give credit and linkback here if you do :)

Whats themed:
    framework-res.apk
    twframework-res.apk
    twcalendar.apk (icon)
    browser.apk
    dialertabactivity.apk (remapped vm for gv)
    mediaprovider.apk
    contacts.apk (icon and about half themed apk)
    mms.apk (icons)
    launcher2.apk (gb themed)
    google voice-made the stat bar icons easier to see
    added nexus s lwp (will replace old nexus one)
    services.jar
    twcalculator.apk (icon)
    email.apk (icon)
    phone.apk (unknown caller image, aosp answer)
    camera,apk (icon)

Changelog:
    4.22.11: moved v4.0 beta to op for those who can't find it and are still downloading v3.0 (200 new downloads of v3 SINCE i posted v4 deep in the the thread lol) again final update will be part of community rom, whenever that is released :)
    3.30.11: v3.0, added aosp phone.apk from sbrissen with a few images done...contacts.apk is about half-themed..dont know if ill put the effort into finishing it or not...email.apk (just sys icon) and twcalc (sys icon), camera,apk (sys icon) added, thanks to the funkbot for doing that as i forgot to
    3.29.11: added alt services.jar for gray stat bar clock/date...and 2.5.2 patch for rotary lockscreen arrows to be transparent...not full theme..flash 2.5.1 first if you havent already before 2.5.2
    3.28.11: u2..fixed settings icons...forgot to put the new apk in, sorry..v2.5.1
    3.28.11: added nexus s lwp (will replace original nexus lwp)...added gv, changed the stat bar icons for it to show up better with black bar...updated settings.apk to use gb icons in both widget and settings itself...added multiple options for different pulldowns..flash after flashing theme...updated badge icon by request...swapped in gb themed stat bar icon for alarm from aosp deskclock.apk
    3.25.11: added non battery percentage version...swapped out launchers (now using gb-based launcher 2 instead of froyo, will reset ur homescreen most likely)...cleaned up some images

*also includes sbrissens 5 lock mod, has accurate battery and reboot options*

tested on superclean 2.9.2...ymmv on other setups **will not work in cwr 3.0, so dont ask*

***screenshots in 2nd post***

credit:
    sbrissen for all his mods for this phone (becoming too much to keep track of) and general awesomeness
    omj for gb-themed launcher 2 and various images i kanged from his aosp version and help
    adrynalyne for superclean roms and all his mods/help..as well as gv-remapped dialer
    the rest of the #fascinate-themers regulars for their help/equal awesomeness
    boombuler for widget picker
    funkbot for put a few more sys icons in apks

Downloads:

*old (but newer than below downloads) beta V4

Theme w/ batt %
    Acc Battery V3.0 *3.30.11
    Patch V2.5.2 (flash 2.5.1 first for full theme) *3.29.11
    Acc Battery V2.5.1 *3.28.11 (fixes settings)
    Acc Battery Version 2.5 *3.28.11
    Acc Battery Version 2.0 *3.25.11
    Acc Battery Version V1.0

Theme with NO batt %
    Non Acc Battery V3.0 *3.30.11
    Patch V2.5.2 (flash 2.5.1 first for full theme) #3.29.11
    Non Acc Battery V2.5.1 *3.28.11 (fixes settings)
    Non Acc Battery Version V2.5 *3.28.11
    Non Acc Battery Version V2.0 *3.25.11

Alternate TW pulldowns (see post 2 for ss)
    Version A
    Version B
    Version C

Alternate services.jar for gray clock/date in status bar (see post 2 for ss)
    services.jar *3.29.11

Stock and Themed Gingerbread Keyboards (not my work)
    {Mod}{Themed} Gingerbread Keyboard 2.3
    [MOD] MTM Gingerbread Keyboard

***I personally do not accept donations, but if you feel so inclined consider donating to Sbrissen here or adrynalyne here or jt1134 here. They (with others) do a ridiculous amount for this phone and I personally use a ton of their mods.
    Screenshots:

All new screenshots will be out with the next version as i practically redid the theme and my other photobucket account was a jerk
    updated theme is a part of the community rom...for those who *might* not be paying attention ;)
    sorry for the lack of updates recently

ive spent A LOT of time making a huge update that will completely theme several of the apps that previously were Icon only updates as well phone.apk and more

should be out friday :eek:
    Alright, for the sense theme I got it.

I'm still kinda confused on with the gingerbread though. I'm not too familiar with community roms and how to go about using them? Also, where can I locate them?

I'm not too familiar with themes except just basics of applying them and I haven't done much in terms of changing kernels or anything..any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

community rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050453

basically its a newer superclean that is prethemed and includes the newest sbrissen mods...it has a voodoo kernel built into it as well

just flash it like superclean and if you are not using voodoo currently and dont want to..make sure you have a disable_lagfix file in ur sdcard/voodoo folder